Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Tyke picked the guy i nearly took over Munoz. Great pick at this stage for White.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

I think Tyke picked Reggie White last time as well...

Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Goose,
    Regarding your pick of Jim Brown, FB -- is there any value to picking blocking fullbacks, as are more traditional today?
    Sure, just depends on how you want to use your team. Most blocking fullbacks dont carry the rock too often or too well. But its just like having a second TE in the game. More blocking and they can take dump off passes as well. But you can also run a backfield with two HBs if you like. HB and FB are really not differentiatied in this game much. Just as Free Safeties and Strong Safeties are no different here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    Speaking of him...

One small thing I noticed. Jim Brown stated that he did not block. It wasn't something he did. He was paid to run the ball. He should get 0's in both run blocking and pass blocking. Or at least the lowest possible (which I noticed he doesn't appear to have, although lower than pure blockers).
    I think its accurately reflected. Although its not a zero, no FB in the top 27 FBs (meaning, everyone who will be picked and then some) is lower on the blocking than Jim Brown. But by the fact that they are a FB and not a HB, I gave them a minimal blocking grade. That might not be 100% accurate, but I wanted to try and differentiate the positions somewhat. Hopefully that seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    Speaking of him...

One small thing I noticed. Jim Brown stated that he did not block. It wasn't something he did. He was paid to run the ball. He should get 0's in both run blocking and pass blocking. Or at least the lowest possible (which I noticed he doesn't appear to have, although lower than pure blockers).
    The ongoing war by Yellowknifer against one of the greatest football players of all time...

It will be interesting to see how all these trades for drafting position turn out. I didn't notice notice Giveitup had two 1st round picks. What did you give up for that??

Here's the trade....
    Trade Officially Made:
    ChildPlease trades GiveUp Round:1-5,4-12,6-12,10-12,11-5 for 2-7,3-10,4-7,10-7,11-10

I'm looking to move up from the 4th if anyone is interested in moving down
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    Here's the trade....
    Trade Officially Made:
    ChildPlease trades GiveUp Round:1-5,4-12,6-12,10-12,11-5 for 2-7,3-10,4-7,10-7,11-10

I'm looking to move up from the 4th if anyone is interested in moving down
    So a 2nd and 3rd for an extra 1st and a 6th? With some swapping in the same rounds as well. (if I'm reading this correctly...)

Yep. Interesting...

I have a friend that can take over for anyone if they fail to login or draft. He can be a replacement if the guy (FinsFan) does show up or anyone quits. His name is StScout and he's awaiting his authorization to the forum. But I can pick for him till he is authorized. As for PatsFans, I thought about having two studs and no picks till the 4th or having alot of good players to give my team a good stable core of good people. GiveUp was willing to do the trade this way or the reverse. It was my decision and I wanted the more equal talent team instead of two studs.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. Hunter S Thompson

I am interested in moving up in the second and down in the 3rd. If anyone wants to PM me.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by ChildPlease View Post
    I have a friend that can take over for anyone if they fail to login or draft. He can be a replacement if the guy (FinsFan) does show up or anyone quits. His name is StScout and he's awaiting his authorization to the forum. But I can pick for him till he is authorized. As for PatsFans, I thought about having two studs and no picks till the 4th or having alot of good players to give my team a good stable core of good people. GiveUp was willing to do the trade this way or the reverse. It was my decision and I wanted the more equal talent team instead of two studs.
    Well we'll see what happens. I think getting another 2nd and 3rd while giving up the 1st (and 6th) is an interesting gambit. Giveup got two top players but now he won't pick until round 4. It will be interesting to see how it plays out...

Quote Originally Posted by ChildPlease View Post
    Great, thanks for doing that CP. We just might need him. Fem should be around sometime soon. And then I'm worried about FF4L. After that we know Xulu will be here. Not so sure about Spank (I think that's Fem's friend) or BHamita. I dont know how often those guys check in. I'm outtie for a while, but will check back later and hope to see some picks made. There are two guys I'm eyeing that if one of them lasts another 4 or 5 picks, I'm going to start getting antsy to move back up!

Spank is at home studying the list right now.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    I think Tyke picked Reggie White last time as well...
    Yep.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Well, hopefully Spanky did his research last night, cuz he works early in the morning. I'll be up with my kid in the morning and will let him know that he's on the clock (which he knew he was close and if Finsfan showed up that it wouldn't take long for Xulu to pick). I honestly have no idea what his strategy is, though, but I should be able to get a hold of him before noonish (at the VERY latest) tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll probably see him before he leaves for work (he's my roommate, for those who don't know) and his pick will be in. Just don't want you guys to worry, since he's not a KFFL regular.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast