Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
    Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses

KATD Draft Picks Discussion Thread

And so it begins. Dilbert takes Joe Montana with the first overall pick. He had to be the pick there. That's the way I would have gone at least.

I was hoping he'd drop, but since he didn't, my strategy has changed. Good luck to all.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Surprised to see LT #2 but can't knock the pick
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Agreed, was not expecting him, but you cant go wrong with LT. I wonder if that will force YK into a 3-4 Defense. Will be interesting to see how he plays it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose31 View Post
    Agreed, was not expecting him, but you cant go wrong with LT. I wonder if that will force YK into a 3-4 Defense. Will be interesting to see how he plays it.
    Well yea he has to be running a 4-3 to take full advantage of LT

I might have considered trading back, however my time for this is limited somewhat and I didn't feel like working out deals. I will take what ya'll give me :) He was #3 overall on the NFL's all time list and I have decided to go defense first. I like 3-4's more than 4-3's, I think historically they have had a better run of it too (calling Still Life)...
    Last edited by Yellowknifer; 11-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion that thinks it's too early for LT.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Rice was a good pick.

The next pick should be rather easy IMO. Then it will get interesting.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItAZero! View Post
    Rice was a good pick.

Yea...I'm ready to pick...I think I've decided who I want but my mind may change 3 or 4 times by time PatsFan picks...

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion that thinks it's too early for LT.
    Perhaps a tad, but not much. I think he'd have been gone by pick 5 or 6. Had YK taken Rice, I'd have strongly considered taking LT at 3.

Rice was a good pick.

Let me guess. Butkis wasn't who you expected... 8-)

Rice is a good pick. He really is 2 levels up from 99% of the other receivers. Almost every other GOAT isn't near that unique.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but FinsFan hasn't been here since the 27th of October and a few others haven't been on in 3 or 4 days. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to replace people(s).

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but FinsFan hasn't been here since the 27th of October and a few others haven't been on in 3 or 4 days. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to replace people(s).
    I'd say if anyone times out on their first pick they should be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    I'd say if anyone times out on their first pick they should be replaced.
    I agree 100%. It's far easier to find a replacement when the person doesn't have to take over a team with players he didn't choose.

-George Orwell

I agree 100%. It's far easier to find a replacement when the person doesn't have to take over a team with players he didn't choose.
    Let's start fishing for back-ups just in case. Do we have anyone else who has expressed interest?

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast