Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I sent out PM's when we were looking for a 16th member and never even got a yay/nay back from anyone and i probably sent out about 8-10 invites. I'm not trying to be mean but there are a few people involved now that simply aren't around much.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

My buddy expressed interest, but it was after Xulu jumped in. I can have him go through the motions of signing up for KFFL and all, just in case.

I sent out a bunch of PMs as well, but the only returns I got were negatives.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    My buddy expressed interest, but it was after Xulu jumped in. I can have him go through the motions of signing up for KFFL and all, just in case.

I sent out a bunch of PMs as well, but the only returns I got were negatives.
    Have him do that....I think CP's buddy also signed up for KFFL and can possibly replace someone if needed
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

I'll give him a call tomorrow.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Just to make sure everyone is clear...the clock started today at 10 est for Shananahan and his time will expire at 2 est.

I would recommend we finish the first round and anyone that is skipped and hasn't made up their pick should be replaced. I'd say we don't start round 2 until all current/new owners have made a first round pick (except for CP since he traded down of course)

Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    Just to make sure everyone is clear...the clock started today at 10 est for Shananahan and his time will expire at 2 est.

I would recommend we finish the first round and anyone that is skipped and hasn't made up their pick should be replaced. I'd say we don't start round 2 until all current/new owners have made a first round pick (except for CP since he traded down of course)
    I would agree with this with one exception. I dont think we should skip anyone in the first round only. That would only punish the new owner, and that's not the intent. After round one, I say we skip away.

But that brings me to another thought. In the draft rules section we need to address how many turns can be skipped before the league takes action. At what point do we try and find a new owner to take over their team? I guess we could always just continue to skip them all the way to the end and then the league will make their picks for them after everyone else has gone. That team will probably suck, but its not all that bad to have at least one team in the league that's the whipping boy. We'll call them the Bengals - zing!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose31 View Post
    I would agree with this with one exception. I dont think we should skip anyone in the first round only. That would only punish the new owner, and that's not the intent. After round one, I say we skip away.

But that brings me to another thought. In the draft rules section we need to address how many turns can be skipped before the league takes action. At what point do we try and find a new owner to take over their team? I guess we could always just continue to skip them all the way to the end and then the league will make their picks for them after everyone else has gone. That team will probably suck, but its not all that bad to have at least one team in the league that's the whipping boy. We'll call them the Bengals - zing!
    The problem with not skipping anyone in the first round is that we don't have a time frame as to when someone is replaced. Their isn't a huge difference at this point between different first round picks. I still say we skip as scheduled.

If anyone can get a replacement ready, i think we're going to need it. Shanny hasn't been on in 3 days, and Fins hasn't been around for 2 weeks!

Femurov, GiveUp....start getting friends signed up if needed. And make sure they're the types that can/will log in everday if at all possible.

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItAZero! View Post
    If anyone can get a replacement ready, i think we're going to need it. Shanny hasn't been on in 3 days, and Fins hasn't been around for 2 weeks!

Femurov, GiveUp....start getting friends signed up if needed. And make sure they're the types that can/will log in everday if at all possible.
    I sent a msg to CP to check with his friend. Someone send Canada a msg to make sure he doesn't want to jump back in?

Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    I sent Shanny a trade request and he responded to me on 11/3, so I have to think he's still planning on participating. Fins I'm more worried about. I sent a message to a buddy of mine, but havent heard back yet.

I sent Shanny a trade request and he responded to me on 11/3, so I have to think he's still planning on participating. Fins I'm more worried about. I sent a message to a buddy of mine, but havent heard back yet.
    What's the decision going to be on skipping people?

I still feel we need to skip them as scheduled for the first round.

I agree with this %100... The first rounds or two are particularly fun because it's likely you'll get to choose some GOAT players. Do remember that some of us have jobs with sometimes crazy deadlines that don't cotton to checking their all-time fantasy football drafts at all times...

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    I agree with this %100... The first rounds or two are particularly fun because it's likely you'll get to choose some GOAT players. Do remember that some of us have jobs with sometimes crazy deadlines that don't cotton to checking their all-time fantasy football drafts at all times...
    Again the problem with this is when do we decide someone is replaced? If we skip them the first round then we give an absolute time frame for someone to show up or be replaced

I agree that we should absolutely find a replacement before the 2nd round begins. I say we skip as scheduled but then hold up at the end of round 1 to get a new member(s). Nobody really wants to take over a team with player(s) they didn't select. This way the team(s) skipped can still pick, they will just do so at the end of round 1, with a new member.

I think Shanny will be around, and PatsFan2003 is right. Not everyone can be nuts like us and get on KFFL for hours each day lol.

FinsFan is the one we need to start looking to replace IMO. If he shows up before his pick, i'm sorry Fins, but we're just looking out for the draft process.

-George Orwell

No rush, dont skip in first round otherwise you'll be much more challenged to find a replacement.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast