Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You guys have any thoughts on Ryan Tannehill?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

Just that Tannehill is pretty raw, and would be a 2-3 year project at QB. Not opposed to getting him in the second and letting him sit for the first year, but the fanbase wants a winning season ASAP.

Just read on Twitter (Todd McSay) that Brock Osweiler could be the # 3 QB selected. He's 6'8" and moves pretty well.

OK. With the move to a 4-3 D, this puts UNC DE Quinten Coples in play for us in the 1st round. A 6-6 285 prototype DE. Wouldn't be shocked or even upset to have him picked. He'd be starting opposite Wake Week One.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    OK. With the move to a 4-3 D, this puts UNC DE Quinten Coples in play for us in the 1st round. A 6-6 285 prototype DE. Wouldn't be shocked or even upset to have him picked. He'd be starting opposite Wake Week One.
    Coples would without question be the best player on the board. Coples + Flynn = playoffs IMHO.

I still think Miami will trade down but I'd love this move.

Getting Flynn thru FA allows us to be thinking BPA. I hope we can pick up at least one or two secondary players thru FA as well (I have not seen any impending FA lists).

Coples would be fine with me.
    "Drink coffee - do stupid things faster with more energy" - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Steve View Post
    Getting Flynn thru FA allows us to be thinking BPA. I hope we can pick up at least one or two secondary players thru FA as well (I have not seen any impending FA lists).

Coples would be fine with me.
    I'm guessing Reggie Nelson from the Bengals will get a look at safety. I think one of the reasons the Dolphins are interested in using more 4 man fronts is the the fact that the "Big Nickel" is seen as the base defense of the future. With the "Big Nickel" you have 3 Safeties and two defensive backs and only two linebackers. That being said the Dolphins need another pass rusher (Coples) and a few more DB's.

This was my latest kffl mock which just finished today:

1 - Quinten Coples, DE, UNC
    2 - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
    3 - Audie Cole, LB, NC State
    4 - Josh Robinson, CB, UCF
    5 - Donnie Fletcher, CB, BC (Should've picked Mike Harris, CB, FSU instead.)
    6 - Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
    7 - Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin

I'd be thrilled if we got Allen at TE in the second, but expect to see him go late first round. The TE value having gone up with the Patriot success this year.

BTW, to put your list in context, is this assuming we sign Flynn? No need to draft a QB if we get him, but if we sign Manning? I'd be willing to see them trade a future pick to get a QB in here to learn under Manning (trade our future first for a high second rounder or future second rounder and our 2012 third rounder for another second).

The Giants have shown that you need an elite QB, a good group of WRs (three playmakers so other teams can't shut them all down), and on defense you are better off with a great pass rush versus trying to create a shutdown secondary (which can't be done anymore with the rule changes in recent years).

Another thought: If we get Manning (on a friendly contract) I wonder if Reggie Wayne would like to follow him to Miami? Imagine Marshall, Wayne, and Bess in a base 3 WR offense? With Bush and Allen at TE? Lots of points, which would make the D look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by ORtrail View Post
    I'd be thrilled if we got Allen at TE in the second, but expect to see him go late first round. The TE value having gone up with the Patriot success this year.

BTW, to put your list in context, is this assuming we sign Flynn? No need to draft a QB if we get him, but if we sign Manning? I'd be willing to see them trade a future pick to get a QB in here to learn under Manning (trade our future first for a high second rounder or future second rounder and our 2012 third rounder for another second).
    I couldn't get Luck of RG3, so I decided to ride it out with Moore at QB, because he's decent. As for Manning, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Miami.

Just did a mock draft over in the DCFFL forum. There will be UDFA's after it's finished, but this is how it ended up for Miami:

1.8 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    2.42 - Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise St.
    3.72 - George Iloka, S, Boise St.
    3.73 - Marvin Jones, WR, California
    4.103 - Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri
    5.145 - Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State
    6.196 - Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
    7.215 - Ronnie Cameron, DT, Old Dominion

Round two I wasn't completely satisfied with, but there were some guys I targeted that got picked immediately prior to the Dolphins pick. I like McClellin, but I would have rather had Randle, Wagner, Curry or especially Zeitler at that spot.

Here's a link to the 7th round to see how all the rounds fell. Any suggestions on UDFAs?
    I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

If Tannehill turns into a franchise QB, the rest of the draft does not matter all that much. That said, I can't see a lot of success with the WR corp as it is right now -and Marvin Jones won't help that much as a rookie.

At this point, I'm leaning more toward BPA at #8, or a tradedown, and then grab Weeden by moving up into the late first round.

I would like Weeden. I do not know where he is expected to go, but I would be happy with a trade back to the later part of the first if we could get him.
    "Drink coffee - do stupid things faster with more energy" - Anonymous

Good call on Egnew.

I'm feeling good about the draft, but mostly since they seem very sold on Tannehill and he has such an advantage knowing the offense so well already. Great situation for Ryan.

The WR corp is still lacking any real playmaker though. I know Philbin's offense works fine without that stud WR, but I don't feel we have 2-3 good #2 type WRs either. Bess is great in the slot, Hartline is okay as a #2 with a legit #1 WR to take the attention off of him.

Having a big and fast TE will be nice, and maybe Fasano can put together a good year catching with Martin not needing so much help at RT.

If Vernon can provide 8-10 sacks opposite Wake, we should be okay on defense.

Even with the soft schedule next year, we may still be finishing last in our division, though a Jets implosion is possible if most of their draft picks bust. At this point, I see 7-9 wins in 2012. I can live with that if Tannehill gets to start at least four games and gets some experience to help prepare him for 2013.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast