Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    I'm all done with the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold. I'll have to go back and finish Companions on an earlier save because it's glitched.

Which one (Civil War or MQ) causes the glitch for the other? Knowing this game probably both...

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    I'm all done with the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold. I'll have to go back and finish Companions on an earlier save because it's glitched.

Which one (Civil War or MQ) causes the glitch for the other? Knowing this game probably both...
    There's a potential glitch that could affect the MQ if you only go half way (or past a specfic point) in the Civil war without finishing. If you complete the civil war you shouldn't have any problems with the MQ. I've never done it the other way.

Any tips on how I should approach completing the main quest vs. Civil War? I have "Joining the Stormcloaks" and "Joining the Imperials" as quests, but didn't finish either (didn't pick a side yet). In the MQ, I just talked to the dragon at the Throat of the World.
    I "think" you can continue along in the MQ because you really haven't gone far enough in the civil war. It doesn't sound like you've really started that since you haven't even picked sides.

I know the specific quest in the mq that gets effected (and you are close to that) but I don't want to give too much away.

Essentially you need to ask one of the Jarls for a favor in the MQ to continue. That can get glitched if you are midway in the Civil war.

Yeah. It really is that you either start the civil war now or do the MQ. Doesn't matter which at all, but you can't continue the MQ in the middle of the civil war. The War takes over the game until it is over. And being a civil war, a few of the Jarl's change who they are (that really shouldn't be a spoiler...it is a civil war).

One city shows some signs of the civil war after it is done, and a home is blocked which there is one "random" Thieves quest that you are supposed to go into. So after the civil war you couldn't do that one. Kinda like I'm guessing happened with the companions with you. Accidentally did something that won't let you do their quest.
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

After you finish the MQ, the game just continues anyway right? So I should be able to just do the Civil War then. Right now I have to go talk to the Graybeards to get a peace treaty.

Yeah, it just continues. I don't think there is an end at all. Even when the quest list is empty eventually - you still can wander around, kill wolves, make potions, etc
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

yeah that sounds like fun....
    ----------------------

if you want to follow me you should know
    I was lost then and I'm lost now
    And I doubt I'll ever know which way to go

This ****ing game...

I finish the main quest, but now the Civil War is fvcked. Message to Whiterun will not complete. I get the axe back from the Jarl of Whiterun, give it to Ulfric, he goes through that scene with his guy, but it doesn't give me the dialogue at the end to go onto the next mission. I've tried reloading, waiting and coming back, and still nothing.

And the ****ty part is I think it goes all the way back to that glitch I've had with Glory of the Dead. The Jarl of Whiterun is still up at the Skyforge for the funeral that never begins. When I talk to him about the axe, he's supposed to have a conversation with Proventus and Irileth, but Irileth is not there. He still gave me back the axe, but I bet that's the bug. And for me to go all the way back before that Glory of the Dead glitch, well damn, that's like 3 weeks ago.

cripes. how the hell do you even avoid that though?
    ----------------------

Geesh. That's terrible. One advantage of the PC is that you can drop down to the console and tweak these glitches. Is there anyway to upload the game to Bethesda? How many games can you save on the PS/3?

How do you know how many hours you've sunk into this thing? I mean, I can guess generally, but I was wondering if there was something under Stats ... ?

I didn't see it.
    ----------------------

When you save or load your game it should show up underneath.

The patch actually fixed my 2 bugged quests. I may just finish this yet.

That's good about the patch. I've been avoiding the main quest storylines. I mean, there's so many compelling side quests in this game and places that I don't feel the need to get into the whole civil war / dragon saga yet. The town of Falkreath and the surrounding areas are quite interesting, and so are the Thieves Guild quests.

I would hope that the next game features everything that makes Skyrim great but with multiple continents maybe and seafaring.

I need to go back and play Oblivion after this.
    ----------------------

I fixed the Markarth bug. You have to sneak into Shrine of Taolos without being spotted by any guards (use an invisibility potion). Then there'll be 3 guards in there from that conspiracy mission. You can pick the dialogue with one about the Thalmor, then eventually tell them you'll go to jail. They'll attack you. I killed the 3. A 4th came in, and I killed him, bringing up the "last witness killed" message about the bounty. Then I went outside and a guard came up to me with a more normal dialogue, and I paid off my bounty, which was 12,000 some. A lot, but worth it to be able to walk around the damn place without getting attacked.
    That would wipe out my entire fortune.

Am I missing something on how to make oodles of cash in this game?
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SinkLikeAStone View Post
    That would wipe out my entire fortune.

Am I missing something on how to make oodles of cash in this game?
    You only have 12,000 in gold? It's not hard at all to rack up 50k+ in a hurry. Just do a bunch of quests (any kind). That way you can find all your weapons & armor along the way and don't waste money paying for it. No real need to buy potions either as long as you're into exploring.

Do you know the trick about easily maxing out your Smithing & Enchanting? Buy Iron Ignot & Leather, make leather strips, then you use those two things to make Iron Daggers. They'll quickly jack up your Smithing. Then take those Iron Daggers and enchant them to boost your Enchanting. Then sell the daggers for decent money.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast