2012 Rule Change Potential

I thought I would start a thread where we can list some of the items we want to discuss for rule changes next year.

1. Timing on in season PS bidding
    2. Timing on demotions/promotions from PS (making some sort of rule that a player cannot be demoted and then immediately promoted just to give the player a longer contract)

This is what I could think of right now. Please feel free to add to the list as you think of things.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBones View Post
    I thought I would start a thread where we can list some of the items we want to discuss for rule changes next year.

1. Timing on in season PS bidding
    2. Timing on demotions/promotions from PS (making some sort of rule that a player cannot be demoted and then immediately promoted just to give the player a longer contract)

This is what I could think of right now. Please feel free to add to the list as you think of things.
    Agree with the second one. I had several owners talk to me about doing just this. I also was very tempted to do this myself several times but thought it kinda went against the intent of the rule.

I guess in the end I don't have a huge issue with it, as long as everyone knows about the loophole and treats it equally. But it seems like the intent can be gotten around.
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

When do we start doing all this stuff (FA's, trades, when will contract years get lowered, ...)?
    Last edited by BigBIM; 03-04-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBIM View Post
    When do we start doing all this stuff (FA's, trades, when will contract years get lowered, ...)?
    We can start discussing rule changes at any time but nothing will be official until we know who is coming back for next year. We still have the NFL draft and FA to get through before we want to do anything regarding player movement. I'm also not sure when MFL will have the new year available to purchase. If I remember right I purchased last year around April or May.

THANKS! I'll be back again.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBones View Post
    I'm also not sure when MFL will have the new year available to purchase. If I remember right I purchased last year around April or May.
    I think it already is... I got an email several weeks ago about the league I run.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    I think it already is... I got an email several weeks ago about the league I run.
    Good to know. The league has been purchased so I start updating information soon.