Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Just saw "Dredd"...it was well done....it was properly done as all comic book movies should be done...a lot like "Constantine" ...the comic book panel styled film making....I gave it a 7 out of 10...and liked how Dredd never took his helmet off...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Batman was good, but very long. The villain was excellent. I liked MIB3 a lot. Stolen was a waste of time but I didn't turn it off.
    Be Thankful for Everything for Soon there will be Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post

Dredd - Very good action movie.

Cosign on this. ....best rental I've made in a while.

Nice pacing, use of effects. ...I plan on actually buying it.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

I would recommend the movie Courageous to any Father/husband or potential. Great movie.
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

just watched the Total Recall and Red Dawn remakes. Not bad, both had interesting twists on the original but seemed a lot shorter and a lot less detail and development than the originals. More action than storyline especially with Recall. I liked Red Dawn better even through some of the cheesy lines they put in from the original.

Also saw some movie "Sinister" with Ethan Hawk, that was pretty interesting and I liked it.
    Be Thankful for Everything for Soon there will be Nothing!

I just dropped some acid and watched Easy Rider. At least i think I did.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    I just dropped some acid and watched Easy Rider. At least i think I did.
    Great movie although real dated. Jack Nicholson is great.

Saw Trouble with the Curve. Decent baseball film. Good cast. Amy Adams is still super cute and Justin Timberlake was decent too. Clint was Clint.

I watched the original Red Dawn two nights ago.....Patrick Swazyne was a good actor...been watching a lot of his movies lately....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Just saw "Dredd"...it was well done....it was properly done as all comic book movies should be done...a lot like "Constantine" ...the comic book panel styled film making....I gave it a 7 out of 10...and liked how Dredd never took his helmet off...
    i also enjoyed that movie, i dont think we'll see another one though

it did poorly at the box office

My wife and I just finished watching the first season of 'Downton Abbey'. What an excellent show, and I can't say enough good things about it. The pacing, acting, and writing of the show is stellar.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    Jack Nicholson is great.
    Nicholson had a stretch of roles from Easy Rider until the early 80s that was really amazing.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Watched Wreck-it Ralph with my daughter and liked it. Pretty cool they way they incorporated a lot of the old school video games. Been thinking about watching Dread for some time now and will be watching Red Dawn the next chance I get. Can't wait until the Hobbit comes to DVD in a week. Looking forward to Olympus has Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Nicholson had a stretch of roles from Easy Rider until the early 80s that was really amazing.
    Yeah he was definitely the "best living actor" at the time. Even now he manages to shine from time to time. "As good as it gets, a few good men"

Just watched a movie called "My Name is Khan" for a class, and couldn't believe how fantastic it was. I know we have a couple guys on here with autistic children, and I gotta think they would love this movie too.

It's about a Indian man with Aspergers syndome who meets and falls in love with a "normal" woman. Way more to it than that, and there is an almost Forest Gump quality to the movie that the guy just blunders his way into amazing situations. Not quite to that extent but the same feel. I had honestly never heard of it, but it is a very good film.

It is mostly in Indian with subtitles though, so be warned if you're on of those people who doesn't like reading subtitles.

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast