Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer View Post
    Your Highness. Better than expected, not great but enjoyable for one viewing.

Captain America. Nice setup for Avengers.
    I watched Your Highness yesterday. I felt the same. Watching Captain America now. I'll probably have to finish it tomorrow.
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Merantau - I never heard of this one until the other day when I seen it was going to be on Showtime. A young kid goes on his rite of passage and he helps this young stripper get away from human traffickers. You know, it was pretty interesting watching a movie that had some similar ideas to the only screenplay I ever finished. This was a martial-arts movie with little drama and lots of fighting though. A lot different in that regard, but the human traffickers definitely reminded me of what I was going for in those scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Godstree View Post
    I just watched Sucker Punch. I liked it a ton. Hot chicks in small outfits shooting and fighting. I don't know if there was a plot.
    +1

That girl from the Lemony Snickets movie (Emily Browning) really grew up nicely.
    Desert Eagle, because some people just aren't worth shooting twice.

Samuel Colt: Inventor of the point-and-click interface.

Has anyone seen 127 Hours? I thought I wanted to see it and I have it, but every time I go to watch it I'm like meh.

I guess I need some motivation to watch it.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Has anyone seen 127 Hours? I thought I wanted to see it and I have it, but every time I go to watch it I'm like meh.

It's okay, nothing special. If you don't watch it you won't miss anything you can't get from reading the biography on the guy and a you tube video or two of the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyE2Heart View Post
    It's okay, nothing special. If you don't watch it you won't miss anything you can't get from reading the biography on the guy and a you tube video or two of the highlights.
    Right on for the insight, Philly.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Saw Crazy, Stupid, Love the other day. Surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    Saw Crazy, Stupid, Love the other day. Surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
    Damn good flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post

Funny that's the same with me. I have it DVR'd for weeks now and every time I'm deciding what to watch I pass over it. It may be one of the things I DVR that I never watch and eventually delete to find room to DVR other things.

Just watched Horrible Bosses.

Average. Nothing great. Some good characters in the bosses - although I can't imagine not wanting to be sexuallky harassed by Jennifer Anniston - but overall it was average.
    "I just want to be a really filthy old man and get paid for it." -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer View Post
    I own Band of Brothers, that is one of the best HBO series ever(the other IMO is From the Earth to the Moon).
    Excellent call. I'm not sure enough people are familiar with From the Earth to the Moon.
    "I just want to be a really filthy old man and get paid for it." -George Carlin

Rented Warrior. Great movie.

Another Earth. Different kind of movie and I really enjoyed it.

I have actually viewed a few movies lately. The highlight was "Super 8", which I thought did a great job of combining a well written and thrilling plot with some emotional depth to the characters. I was quite impressed, but I usually am with JJ Abrams movies. I also watched "Green Zone" a couple days ago, and it was okay. I remember when it came out that the previews made it look like Bourne in Iraq, but it was more of a political thriller than a spy type movie IMO. I also saw "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps", and was not impressed. The movie seemed to be building to something, but then it never delivered and instead the movie just sort of fizzled out. I felt that it just didn't have much focus (was it a story about Gordon Gekko or a story about the financial collapse?), and Oliver Stone went more than a little over the top with some of the visuals he used in the movie, they are the type of visuals that will make this film look very dated within about 5 years.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Been trying to get through The Leopard from the 60's (Italian movie w/Burt Lancaster). Very much a 3 hour chore and bore.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast