Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Movies you've rented lately, Part 2

Think the old thread too big and back a few pages, so I will start up a new one.

I was suprised recently with Bad Teacher. I thought it was funny.

Xmen was ok and I wasn't impressed with Thor.

On deck is Horrible Bosses, Green Lantern and Attack the Block are next.
    Be Thankful for Everything for Soon there will be Nothing!

Green Hornet was unwatchable.

I saw the Pianist... about a Polish, Jewish, artist's survival in Warsaw through WW2. Subtitles, but awesome.

Tron Legacy... meh... was alright, the first one wasn't great, but was visually cool... especially to a kid in 1980. Of course the visuals in the recent movie don't have the wow factor now with how far we've come, but if you enjoyed the original it may be worth your while.

Horrible bosses was pretty funny I thought. And Jennifer Aniston looked good enough to he worth the rental price even if the rest of the movie sucked.

Bad Teacher and Horrible Bosses are both hilarious.

New X-men is generally considered better than 3 and Wolverine. So if you liked 1 or 2 you should like it. I personally enjoyed it.

The Pianist is an AMAZING movie, absolutely love it.

Green Hornet was cheesy, but Cato was cool. :)

Personally I enjoyed Thor as well, I thought they nailed the casting in that one even if they did mess up the story line a bit.

Working my way through Band of Brothers, just started Breaking Bad, and rewatching both The Wire and The Sopranos at the moment. All excellent.

Red - eh, it was kinda lame. Mary Louise Parker acts the same way she does on Weeds in it.
    You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger - marginal Woody Allen stuff

Started watching Wages of Fear, but didn't finish it.

ive been looking to watch more movies lately but i have no idea what to watch. thanks for the advice

and by the way pianist was a awesome movie, its amazing how the guy survived

Thor was better than I thought it would be, but I really thought it was going to suck, so that is not saying too much. It was ok.

My wife and daughter liked Judy Moody, of course it is not a movie for men at all.

Still waiting to get from the library:

XMen First Class
    Transformers 3
    Green Lantern
    Captain America

I don't rent movies ever as I am patient enough to wait till my turn comes up at the library. I mean if I did not think it was worth seeing in the theater, I can wait to see it free.

I own Band of Brothers, that is one of the best HBO series ever(the other IMO is From the Earth to the Moon). Have not been able to get through Pacific for some reason though. I am currently trying to watch Ken Burns Prohibition, Part One was excellent. Just have not had the time for part two and three yet.
    Last edited by Kilmer; 10-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    I am clay.

The King's Speech -- very good.

The King's Speech - good.
    The Rite - horrible
    X-Men, First Class - Good
    Thor - fair
    Lincoln Lawyer - Fair to good
    The Expendables - meh
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    Red - eh, it was kinda lame. Mary Louise Parker acts the same way she does on Weeds in it.

Red was generally silly and could have been a lot better although it had a few moments. Mary Louise Parker was under-used. (as was Morgan Freeman) It would have helped if she had gotten somewhat naked ala "Weeds".

It was entertaining but that's about it.

Horrible Bosses was funny. You gotta be in a fun mood to enjoy it.

Just saw Hall Pass last night. It was funny too.

Nothing great but they were worth the $1.00 each.

Watched Crowe's Robin Hood the other night...sweet jesus that was awful. I'm surprised I watched it all the way through. The best part of it was Alan Doyle's singing, and apparently that didn't even make the soundtrack.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post

I liked Wages of Fear but I think I liked the remake better since that was the first one I saw and it was 15+ years ago so I'm sure it has changed tho.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Watched The Flamingo Kid starring matt Dillon as a Cabana Boy who is a good Gin player back in the 50's(?) it's good.

Horrible Bosses definantly has it's moments, Jennifer Aniston is quite sexy in it, especially with her filthy mouth.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 10-23-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Blood Diamond. Good movie..

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast