Thread: Dark Souls

Dark Souls

Anyone playing this? Easily the best game I have played this year along with Witcher 2.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1197278p1.html

The write-up suggests this game will be hit or miss for most people, but it seems to be quite a treasure for those who can get into it.
    Why must I feel like that? Why must I chase the cat? Nothin' but the dog in me.

I rented it. I could see it being worth the effort although the framerate is crap.

The difficulty is the thing that will make or break it for some people. They plan on you failing multiple times to learn how to advance in the game. I like the concept although I never got into the first game of this series. Something I'll definitely visit later on though

It's a great game but only hardcore gamers need apply. Epic boss fights, one after the other.

I heard they throw you into the fire right away too. Sounds like my kind of game. Did you play the first? Would I need to play that one to play this one?

I picked it up, but having a hard time getting into it. Console gaming is just so "blah" to me at this point.

Platinumed the first, over halfway through platinuming this one but I need a break. It's taxing and constantly intimidating.
    "The combination of all of those things - the line, the tight ends, the backs, the receivers, the quarterback, the coaching, the system - they give you a lot of different things to defend. You might be good at handling some of them, but it's hard to be good at handling all of them and then the ones that you're not good at, then of course that's what you're going to see the most of... They're good." - Bill Belichick