Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Anyone find a replacement? Any updates for the rankings?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    I could help you out Goose but I'd have to get some instructions on what is needed to be done exactly.

I've also posted in the Gen forum that we need one more person since Canada got scared and dropped out ;)
    Cool. So if you can help me out then we are ready to start posting the player ratings to let everyone review and approve. So far I have completed the rankings for HB, FB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C and currently working on Cornerbacks. It's been taking me about 2 days per position. It's rather time consuming. But once I get done, we can start the draft pretty quickly. Give - I think I might have your email somewhere from the NBA draft stuff, but not sure I want to dig for it. Can you PM it to me and I will start sending you my spreadsheets to post?

I sent you the PM with my email a few days ago Goose...let me know if you didn't get it

Has anyone been able to come across one last player for this thing? I believe we have 15 and need 16.

I should be finished with all the player rankings by Friday. Once they get posted and we have a week's worth of discussion finalizing rules and so forth, we should be ready to start the draft. That will be good timing because we should be able to catch up with the NFL season and then run it just about at the same pace.

I'm going to have all the position rankings completed by this weekend. I would like to propose we take next week to review the rankings, get some feedback, and prepare for the KATD Draft. Then, I would propose we start the draft on Halloween - Monday, October 31st.

Who is going to commish this league? I think we need a group of maybe 3 or so to run it. I can be one of them, but would like some help. Three commishes seem like a good number so we can have a majority rule.

Regarding next week, I would like to post a few positions a day to give everyone time to comment. Here's the schedule I was thinking:

Monday - Offensive and Defensive Linemen (OT, OG, C, DE, DT)
    Tuesday - Linebackers and Secondary (MLB, OLB, CB, S)
    Wednesday - Wide Receivers and Tight Ends
    Thursday - Running backs and Returners (HB, FB, KR, PR)
    Friday - Quarterbacks and Special Teams (QB, P, K)

Finally, we need to make sure everyone is aware this league is about to kick-off and also fill that final spot. Since this is going to be an actual league with teams playing each other and such, we need to have 16 teams (can't roll with 15.) Any thoughts on that last member? Can someone make a post in the general forum asking for one more?

And can I get two volunteers to co-commish? Can I ask whoever volunteers first to please start PMing the owners here to make sure everyone is still planning on participating and is aware we are about to start? This thing is going to be fun, guys. I think much more interesting than the last few times we've done it since we will get to see the league play out on the field. Fire up!

I think we need to send out invites again to all the peoples still in this thing. It's been a long wait thus far and im betting some have forgotten about it.

I can help out with the PM's and updating the draft order etc.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

I'll save you the PM; I'm in. I'd love to be the third commish, but given the timing, I'm not positive I can commit to doing it well. I have a show coming up, and that's going to eat up the bulk of my time from now through Christmas. If nobody else is comfortable doing so, I'd be happy to, but I'd rather leave the slot open for those who are going to be online enough.

Cool, thanks, MIZ. I'll count on you to confirm all the players in the league. I'll comnitue to work on the rankings to have them done by Monday.

It sounded like GiveUp was going to help out as well, but I havent heard from him in a while even over email. I'll hit him up again. We still need someone to step up and take that last owner spot. And once we do that, we need someone to come up with a draft order.

Checking in...

Is there a list of owners somewhere? I want to send a few PMs to get a 16th, but not sure who's in or out right now.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

From the other thread:

1 - GiveUp
    2 - Child Please
    3 - Goose
    4 - MIZ
    5 - Avelek
    6 - Tyke
    7 - Augustus
    8 - Patsfan
    9 - Canada
    10 - Yellowknifer
    11 - Shananahan
    12 - femurov
    13 - bhamilta15
    14 - dilbert719
    15 - Spankov
    16 - FinsFan4Life

Sorry about the delay guys...been super busy and will still be busy for the next couple weeks...if someone else could help with posting the rankings that would be appreciated....otherwise we will have to be delayed

I'm fine with the delay, the real season is going on.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
    From the other thread:

1 - GiveUp
    2 - Child Please
    3 - Goose
    4 - MIZ
    5 - Avelek
    6 - Tyke
    7 - Augustus
    8 - Patsfan
    9 - Canada
    10 - Yellowknifer
    11 - Shananahan
    12 - femurov
    13 - bhamilta15
    14 - dilbert719
    15 - Spankov
    16 - FinsFan4Life
    Thanks... I'll work on a replacement tonight when I get off work. I'm pretty sure I can find one outside of KFFL. But I'm not sure if they would want to sign up and all. One of my buddies that helps me with mine is all about it, but I keep telling him to sign up and he can jump in on the next go around and he never does. I'll work on some KFFL guys 1st, though.
    Last edited by femurov; 10-24-2011 at 05:09 AM.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

I've completed the rankings and rating spreadsheets. From my perspective, we are good to go whenever we have our 16th player.

MIZ - Have you been able to confirm participation from the other 15 owners?

ALL - Should I go ahead and start posting the rankings? Kind of thinking I should wait until we have confirmed 16 teams and everyone has checked in and confirmed a date to start the draft. I will let MIZ handle the draft order and report back to us. But again, I think everyone needs to be on-board before that takes place. And remember, we are allowing trades of draft picks in this draft (as the rules currently stand.) It will be interesting to see if the top pick gets dealt.

Goose, i'm sending out confirmations as i speak, err, write.

Let's give it a day or 2 and we'll make try to work on that 16th member in the meantime.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast