Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm still in. I admit to not really having a full understanding of how this works, but I'm down to learn and try it out.

Also thanks for the reminder. I would have completely forgotten otherwise.

I'm in.

Thanks guys. We're going to send out full details before everything kicks off (getting pretty close) so keep a tab on this forum and your PM's.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

So far confirmed in:

Me
    Goose
    PatsFan2003
    GiveUp
    Dilbert
    BHamita
    Shananahan
    Femurov
    Spankov
    ChildPlease
    Yellowknifer
    Augustus
    Tyke
    Avelek
    FinsFan

That's the 15 confirmed either here or via PM.
    Last edited by MarkItAZero!; 10-26-2011 at 10:16 PM.

I'm still in, as is Spankov. He probably won't log on until the rankings come out, though.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    The rankings are ready to go and as soon as we get our sweet 16, I will post them. The more time I have I keep tinkering with them more and more. I hope that's a good thing and I'm not overthinking them. I'll keep with the plan of posting a few positions everyday for a week to give people time to review and respond. The purpose of that activity will be:

1) Determine if everyone is cool with this being an "All-Time Draft" as opposed to a "Super Bowl Era" draft. I am going to lobby hard for the former.
    2) Ensure the rankings are suitable. Obviously, there will be certain rankings you disagree with. But hopefully you will see that there is some method to my madness and that I've tried to be as consistent as possible. For some of the positions the rankings will matter quite a bit, and others (the positions that are based primarily on stats) they will not matter much. However, I want to provide some time for feedback so if several people believe certain players or positions are not accurately ranked, we can make changes.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...1-441f13df86d3

12:30 old time NFLer talking about how most guys from his era couldn't play today due to extreme size differences and athletic ability differences. ;)
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    I'm still in. I admit to not really having a full understanding of how this works, but I'm down to learn and try it out.
    Ditto.

Where are rankings found?

I've sent PMs to a few people and 1 responded no. 2 came back with full PM boxes and I'm waiting to hear from 2 more. In addition to the 1 who turned me down a while back. Gonna throw a couple more out, then try to get my buddy to sign up.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Ditto.

Where are rankings found?
    Goose's computer sim has rankings of every player available for the draft. If you read through from page 1 you'll see some of the ideas behind the rankings. He's going to post them for looking over once we get the 16 participants confirmed as still in this. We're almost there.

If you have any more questions than you can find from page 1 on in this thread shoot Goose31 a PM.

Thanks!

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Still here for the record.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

I'm still in

So far confirmed in:

Me
    Goose
    PatsFan2003
    GiveUp
    Dilbert
    BHamita
    Shananahan
    Femurov
    Spankov
    ChildPlease
    Yellowknifer
    Augustus
    Tyke
    Avelek
    FinsFan
    XuluBak

That's the 15 confirmed either here or via PM.
    Last edited by MarkItAZero!; 10-28-2011 at 11:38 PM.

-George Orwell

Anyone try to get back to Canada? It was a while ago that he dropped out and things may have changed on his end since then. Worth a shot, anyway. By the way, I haven't heard back on any of my PMs since I last reported. Also left a message with my buddy. He should get back to me sometime tomorrow (Thursday), so I'll let you know what he says. I'm sure he's going to have all kinds of questions about it. My only concern with him if he decides to do it is how long it will take for his account to get activated. I know my roommate had some issues with the time it took for his first account to get up and running, then had issues with it afterwards (hence, the 2nd account). But so far, so good on that one, so maybe they worked the kinks out.

Alright, what the hell. Count me in.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast