Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

2012 NFL Draft Thread

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...tscout-RobRang

3. Seattle Seahawks
    Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California: The Seahawks might have more individual talent on their roster this year than they did last season as a playoff team, but the combination of a young offensive line, questions at quarterback and playing a first-place schedule could result in a lot of losses. If picking in this spot, Barkley is an obvious candidate due to his history under Pete Carroll and fit in a West Coast Offense.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...out-ChadReuter

3. Seattle Seahawks
    Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California: Think Pete Carroll wouldn't love to coach his old quarterback again? If the Seahawks are drafting in this spot, it means Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst were ineffective.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664140

I'm gonna follow all these QBs this season (Luck, Barkley, and Landry).
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

I wouldn't bet on getting anywher near Luck. This team is built for a late season surge. We could start out 0-8 and still finish 6-10.

Sando had a post this morning on games started. Seattle's roster is 32nd in the league in number of games started by its players.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    I wouldn't bet on getting anywher near Luck. This team is built for a late season surge. We could start out 0-8 and still finish 6-10.

Sando had a post this morning on games started. Seattle's roster is 32nd in the league in number of games started by its players.
    I don't know about that. I see 4 wins, maybe. Really depends. Can you imagine if hypothetically speaking, both T-Jack and CBJ gets hurt (behind this line, always a possibility)? I remember when Red went down and our run defense went to sh!t. We are a few injuries from being terrible. Like 1992 terrible IMO.

I still see 7 wins, plus or minus one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by KGrob View Post
    I still see 7 wins, plus or minus one or two.
    Only if the opposing team's plane flies into a wormhole...

4 to 7 wins puts us somewhere between Barkley and Landry, and that's probably where we need to be.

I'd rather win games, but the shot at a truly elite QB is a decent consolation prize.

I'd rather win games, but the shot at a truly elite QB is a decent consolation prize.
    Which is something this team has never had. Would be nice for once. I even shook my head when we drafted Rick Mirer. Always wonder what it would have been like having Drew Bledsoe taking snaps for us back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    Which is something this team has never had. Would be nice for once. I even shook my head when we drafted Rick Mirer. Always wonder what it would have been like having Drew Bledsoe taking snaps for us back then...
    Or if Chuck Knox had won his battle with Ken Behring and drafted Favre instead of McGwire?

After the additions of CW and TJ, I'm a tad unsure of the ability of the FO to recognize a franchise QB.
    If you're not mad as hell you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    After the additions of CW and TJ, I'm a tad unsure of the ability of the FO to recognize a franchise QB.
    The only consolation is . . . what true franchise QB's have been available in either our draft position or in free agency? Either this year or last?

The only one that comes to mind is Michael Vick. Passing on trading for him might have been a mistake, but beyond that I'm not seeing alot of good options out there.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Pretty much the hardest thing to recognize at this level of football I think. Most teams only get it "right" the same way bingo players are "good." I still want to see what Portis can do in more playing time with a higher caliber of surrounding (and opposing) talent. Of the 3 on our roster right now, he seems like he has the most potential to be something beyond a stop-gap player. The smart money says he will never become that, but at least right now the possibilities are ahead of us and not behind us like with T Jackson.
    U MAD BRO??

Matt Barkley was for 34 of 35 for 304 yards and 3 TDs. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    Matt Barkley was for 34 of 35 for 304 yards and 3 TDs. Impressive.
    34 of 45. Still impressive, but you had me stunned for a moment with the 1 incompletion.

34 of 45. Still impressive, but you had me stunned for a moment with the 1 incompletion.
    LOL! My bad, hit the wrong button. Too much time on the computer and watching games has my eyes bugging. Didn't even catch it.

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast