View Poll Results: Do you fill up your car with gas while the car is running?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

3 3.85%
  • Most of the time

1 1.28%
  • About half the time

1 1.28%
  • rarely

8 10.26%
  • never

65 83.33%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Gassing up with the car on

Do you leave your car running while filling it with gas? Simple question. If you answer yes, or frequently, I would appreciate you posting and letting me know in which region you grew up.
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Talking with a buddy of mine this morning, who has said that everyone he grew up with had the same behavior. He's since moved, and his co-workers think he's a freak.
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

I didn't think it was safe to do so... If it is? Let me know so I don't have to hear my daughter whining about having her movie shut off when I gas up...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

I don't understand leaving it running. It's a waste of gas.

I saw a guy once, when I was young and working at a convenience store: pumped his gas with the car running, then came in and talked to the other employee for at least 45 minutes.. With his car running at the freaking pump. Gas was only around $1 a gallon then.

Central, PA.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I leave it on whether I pump it myself or go to a full service station if its below 30 or above 80, keeping the heat or AC running respectively.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Never ran car while filling with gas. Seems like a hazard and a waste of gas. I believe that the instructions at pump are to first turn the car off. Grew up in Chicago
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

You are supposed to turn your car off, I believe it is even stated on the signage.
    Fear is the mind killer

Always. Not sure why I wouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    You are supposed to turn your car off, I believe it is even stated on the signage.
    In most states its actually illegal to keep it running while you fill up and you can get a hefty ticket for it.

I'm from cold weather Minnesota so I do see a handfull of people doing it every now and again but pretty much only in winter.

Never. Just seems like a dumb thing to do. Grew up in New Hampshire (Northeast). Doesn't even matter if it's the dead of winter, I'll still turn the car off and start it again when I'm done.
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    In most states its actually illegal to keep it running while you fill up and you can get a hefty ticket for it.
    And that's clearly all about the $$$.

I think it is illegal in Ohio to leave the car running.
    I am clay.

Quote Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
    And that's clearly all about the $$$.
    No its about statistics. Same as seat belt laws. If everyone filled up their car with it running, we would have a lot more examples of why you shouldn't do it.

No and i consider people who do, idiots. There is a reason why it's illegal in most portions of the country.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

i'd never think to do such a dumbassed thing like leaving the car running while filling up.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast