Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    Don't worry, King will have CAA get a couple more players on the roster for below market value and THEN he can win his ring.
    Ha. Roger that.

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    In all fairness to "the King", he should have the ability to shut us all up, right? I mean, imagine if he was on a team loaded with talent and in the Finals, and the other team could not focus on stopping just him. He should be able to deliver, right? Just sayin'.
    No, of course not, he needs more help! Maybe Jordan and Magic can come out of retirement and Lebron can ride the bench like Brendan Haywood to get a ring.

He is a great player, I will never argue otherwise. He just doesn't have the killer instinct in him like Jordan, Kobe, Isiah, Magic, etc. I do not know if he can develop that, as I see it as a personal attribute more than anything.

I also worry about his technical skill once his physical skills diminish.
    That I agree with. Physically he is elite. But he mentally is not a killer like those guys and that's what well separate him. You can't develop that either, he will need someone like Wade to be that. And that's what he was trying to do was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    That I agree with. Physically he is elite. But he mentally is not a killer like those guys and that's what well separate him. You can't develop that either, he will need someone like Wade to be that. And that's what he was trying to do was it not?
    If that is the case, isn't James just a bigger Pippen???

Naw, Pippen said he was a better Jordan.

Michael Jordan's *** wasn't waiting for anyone, it could have been Magic beside him.
    To be honest, I don't see MJ in Lebron. He seems more Magic just more physically gifted. To me, Lebron pretty much admitted he wasn't the killer instinct guy when he joined Wade and Bosh. But people kept holding him to that MJ standard and now they knock him because he doesn't reach it. But it seems like he never asked for it. Changed his number, joined someone elses team, etc. Now we all want/expect him to try to be the man, the MJ of his generation, but maybe he's just not? I don't ever recall him saying he's going to surpass MJ or anything like that. I expect Kobe to say some sh*t like that because he truly believes it. Lebron isn't wired that way IMO, but we judge him like he is.

More like the first Lebron James?

To be honest, I don't see MJ in Lebron. He seems more Magic just more physically gifted. To me, Lebron pretty much admitted he wasn't the killer instinct guy when he joined Wade and Bosh. But people kept holding him to that MJ standard and now they knock him because he doesn't reach it. But it seems like he never asked for it. Changed his number, joined someone elses team, etc. Now we all want/expect him to try to be the man, the MJ of his generation, but maybe he's just not? I don't ever recall him saying he's going to surpass MJ or anything like that. I expect Kobe to say some sh*t like that because he truly believes it. Lebron isn't wired that way IMO, but we judge him like he is.
    Taking Jordan's number didn't help, kinda like LaVar Arrington donning #56.

Even Magic closed out games when he was needed to.

More like the first Lebron James?
    What, greatest secondary player ever??

Lightbulb

LeBron is a poor man's Scottie Pippen.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

So you basically agree with me then. But you think he did not bring this attention on himself? Seriously? How about not having a nationally televised special where you proclaim your "decision" to be the start of a new NBA dynasty? If he wanted to be humble he could have gone about it a little differently wouldn't you say? He has been about as far from humble as a player can be!

Hey I said I would never defend the decision. I also wouldn't say things like Lebron is a fake superstar.

Jordan was so bored with the Finals he used to see how far he could travel, how much money he could gamble, and how little he could sleep before each game...he even said "I wonder how high my temperature would have to be to lose a Finals?"....we never found out btw

Even Magic closed out games when he was needed to.
    This is true. Lebron has closed out games, we just like to go with the now to define someone's career. So as of now, Lebron is a loser that can't close. Two weeks ago he was the leader of the NBA title favorite Heat coming into his own. Sh*t happens I guess. Until he does something big in the Finals, he'll never erase this. At this rate, he'll have to do it twice (win two Final MVPs)

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast