Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Lebron James: Fake Superstar

Don't even try to make excuses for this fraud. He has been exposed. He is not one of the greatest players ever or any of that garbage. He is a media fabrication.

He's a talented player, no doubt...but the Finals are where to do it...

Yep. I used to think highly of him and make excuses, but there's no way to describe his play other than downright cowardly in the clutch. Couldn't pass the ball fast enough. A lot of players need growing pains and he may embrace the moment someday, but right now he's all talent and no heart. If I wanna win a title next year, he's not in the top 10 of players i'd build around

I would love to hear people try to make excuses actually. It would be entertaining. But Ray Charles could see that Lebron was not an all time great in this series. The guy is simply not what he has been made out to be!

Quote Originally Posted by jlid View Post
    Yep. I used to think highly of him and make excuses, but there's no way to describe his play other than downright cowardly in the clutch. Couldn't pass the ball fast enough. A lot of players need growing pains and he may embrace the moment someday, but right now he's all talent and no heart. If I wanna win a title next year, he's not in the top 10 of players i'd build around
    Growing pains? He has been in the league 7 years!

A lot of players need growing pains and he may embrace the moment someday, but right now he's all talent and no heart.
    It's not happening.

The guy has been in the league for nearly a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    True, but other than a before his time, incredibly outmatched finals, this is his first time on the big big stage. Don't get me wrong, it just doesn't seem to be in his DNA, but it wouldn't be unprecedented to learn from this and come back stronger. While not in as bright a spotlight, the exact same things were said about Dirk too. Sometimes you just gotta get old
    Last edited by jlid; 06-13-2011 at 02:59 AM.

As I said previously, James' performance in the Finals reminds of Vince Carter becoming less selfish and more perimeter-oriented. I'm not saying James will become solely a jump shooter like Carter did, but his deference to his teammates is very similar to what Carter started to do at similar points in their careers.
    Help make a difference

The ONE Initiative - http://www.one.org/
    Make Poverty History Campaign - http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/
    A Debt Free Africa - http://www.data.org/
    The RED Campaign - http://www.joinred.com/
    Les Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders - http://www.msf.org/
    International Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    People trying to annoint him as one of the best ever were completly premature and should be chastised for such ridiculous statements...

...but he has exactly the same amount of rings as Jordan did at the age of 26. His career is a LONG ways from being over.
    Last edited by ducky; 06-13-2011 at 03:10 AM.

All Time greats don't get punked as bad as Lebron did in this series, too passive, bricked shots when he took them, TO's, getting his shot blocked. Now he has been in the league for 7 years, but he is still only 26 years old and starting his prime, maybe he will learn and grow from this maybe he wont. As of now, he has a ways to go.

If Wade didn't go off in 06, a lot of the same things can be said about him too. Getting dee'd up, dribbling off his foot, and poor body language. We will see how his career ends too.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Congrats to the No Ring King!
    Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

His career is obviously not over but it is time to step back and realize that Lebron James is not Michael Jordan and never will be on that level.

Heck, he is not even on Wade's level, that should now be clear to anyone who still had doubt.

Michael Jordan might have been ringless at a similar age (though he came into the league later), but Jordan had shown a competitive will by this stage that Lebron simply does not possess. Lebron James is a nice #2 wingman on a Heat team and will need even more help to win rings. That's not all time great material.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    People trying to annoint him as one of the best ever were completly premature and should be chastised for such ridiculous statements...

...but he has exactly the same amount of rings as Jordan did at the age of 26. His career is a LONG ways from being over.
    You really don't want to put him in even the same paragraph as Jordan much less the same sentence. NBA experience wise Jordan did have one and he went 32 11 6 for a 4-1 title over a heavily favored Lakers team who had a lot more titles than the Mavericks did and some dude named Magic Johnson.

Edit: Also, Jordan lost 10 Finals games in his entire career (6 Finals...won them all by the way), James has lost 8 already....

Edit 2: I'm sorry Michael...please forgive me...you had 2 titles by the time you finished your 8th season in the league..I apologize
    Last edited by KRD227; 06-13-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Cavs owner talkin **** on twitter. HA!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post

Except one came out of college and the other straight out of high school.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast