Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lebron James: Fake Superstar

Don't even try to make excuses for this fraud. He has been exposed. He is not one of the greatest players ever or any of that garbage. He is a media fabrication.

He's a talented player, no doubt...but the Finals are where to do it...

Yep. I used to think highly of him and make excuses, but there's no way to describe his play other than downright cowardly in the clutch. Couldn't pass the ball fast enough. A lot of players need growing pains and he may embrace the moment someday, but right now he's all talent and no heart. If I wanna win a title next year, he's not in the top 10 of players i'd build around

Quote Originally Posted by jlid View Post
    Yep. I used to think highly of him and make excuses, but there's no way to describe his play other than downright cowardly in the clutch. Couldn't pass the ball fast enough. A lot of players need growing pains and he may embrace the moment someday, but right now he's all talent and no heart. If I wanna win a title next year, he's not in the top 10 of players i'd build around
    Growing pains? He has been in the league 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    True, but other than a before his time, incredibly outmatched finals, this is his first time on the big big stage. Don't get me wrong, it just doesn't seem to be in his DNA, but it wouldn't be unprecedented to learn from this and come back stronger. While not in as bright a spotlight, the exact same things were said about Dirk too. Sometimes you just gotta get old
    Last edited by jlid; 06-13-2011 at 02:59 AM.

True, but other than a before his time, incredibly outmatched finals, this is his first time on the big big stage. Don't get me wrong, it just doesn't seem to be in his DNA, but it wouldn't be unprecedented to learn from this and come back stronger. While not in as bright a spotlight, the exact same things were said about Dirk too. Sometimes you just gotta get old
    I know, how hilarious is it to see how Dirk is so clutch now and Lebron isn't. Supposedly the biggest choker of all reigns supreme today. Lebron had an unclutch series, but he's had plenty of big games in big moments and he'll have more in the future. For today though, I enjoyed his loss quite a bit.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I know, how hilarious is it to see how Dirk is so clutch now and Lebron isn't. Supposedly the biggest choker of all reigns supreme today. Lebron had an unclutch series, but he's had plenty of big games in big moments and he'll have more in the future. For today though, I enjoyed his loss quite a bit.
    Careful Nas, this crowd wants to define players on the now. Don't be using logic and common sense in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    People trying to annoint him as one of the best ever were completly premature and should be chastised for such ridiculous statements...

...but he has exactly the same amount of rings as Jordan did at the age of 26. His career is a LONG ways from being over.
    Last edited by ducky; 06-13-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    People trying to annoint him as one of the best ever were completly premature and should be chastised for such ridiculous statements...

...but he has exactly the same amount of rings as Jordan did at the age of 26. His career is a LONG ways from being over.
    You really don't want to put him in even the same paragraph as Jordan much less the same sentence. NBA experience wise Jordan did have one and he went 32 11 6 for a 4-1 title over a heavily favored Lakers team who had a lot more titles than the Mavericks did and some dude named Magic Johnson.

Edit: Also, Jordan lost 10 Finals games in his entire career (6 Finals...won them all by the way), James has lost 8 already....

Edit 2: I'm sorry Michael...please forgive me...you had 2 titles by the time you finished your 8th season in the league..I apologize
    Last edited by KRD227; 06-13-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Except one came out of college and the other straight out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    Except one came out of college and the other straight out of high school.
    So you expected him to get one between between 18-21? Don't see that much.

FWIW, I think everyone knows Lebron shouldn't be mentioned with Magic,Michael or any other great champion. He is still one of the top handful of players to ever play this game though. His talent being mentioned with those guys is not the same thing as him being mentioned with them as a player.

We'll see what he does, but Iggloo acting like he has shown no competitive fire is ignorant. This team wasn't even expected to be here this year and they only were because of Lebron more than anyone else.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Another good one. Jordan was always supposedly a choker when the Bad Boys were snuffing him out too.

yeah, but Jordan never lost an NBA Finals series. LeBron is already 0-2, and his latest team features an all-star bigman and a probable HOFer at the wing.
    groovy

Is he waiting for Magic and Bird to retire too?
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

A lot of players need growing pains and he may embrace the moment someday, but right now he's all talent and no heart.
    It's not happening.

The guy has been in the league for nearly a decade now.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast