Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 596
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manassas, in the Old Dominion
    Posts
    16,708
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    I think he means what team DHo goes to, as it may affect the Heats ability to win multiple titles.

    If the Heat get Howard, I will stop watching basketball.
    Oops, my bad. I see that now.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    14,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    My goodness, can people be anymore short sighted? You act like the guy only has a few years left to play.

    I am pretty indifferent to LJ but you guys are just so over the top cutting him down.
    His game is overpowering people and flying by them. That will not last forever. I am not saying tomorrow, but at some point he needs to develop either a better shot or a back to the basket game.

    That's not cutting him down, the basketball 101.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    7,382
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    His game is overpowering people and flying by them. That will not last forever. I am not saying tomorrow, but at some point he needs to develop either a better shot or a back to the basket game.

    That's not cutting him down, the basketball 101.
    Well no sht dude, the guy is 26 years old and you act like he won't improve his game over the next 7 or so years. There is plenty to rip LJ on but this is just stupid.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38,249
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    I guess I am older than you guys then, because I remember what great playoff basketball looked like. I am not saying Lebron had to score 50 a game, but seriously...look at his performance in the 4Q of every game...in a close series...where he could have won a ring.

    I think you are swinging too much to the other side to defend James, honestly.
    I have no idea how you got this from what I wrote. Its fine to rip him, he choked in the Finals or got shut down or whatever, either way its not good. He factually has shown ELITE level killer instinct though, so why blow it out of proportion. He failed to show killer instinct in one series. He was also the #1 reason they were there in a year when they weren't expected to be. I've seen Kobe and Mike get smoked in huge series' too.

    one thing I really wonder about. Do people still think Kobe and Durant the last too rounds were too passive and quit as well against Dallas? Are they that lucky or that good? Something to consider I think.

    There's enough going on I suppose that we don't need to get into you "remembering what great playoff basketball looked like". Yah, no great playoff basketball going on in the last 10 years at all.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    43,060
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    The fact that they had a WWE celebration before the season was enough to turn me off. To predict, not one, not two, not three, championships...just sealed the deal.

    I am FINE with people talking like that, but you have to perform then. A handful of buckets in the 4Q of close games ISN'T greatness.
    A handful of buckets in the 4Q of the Finals isn't greatness. He filled up the hoops prior to that to get them into the Finals. Again not going to argue he was great in the Finals, he wasn't. Lebron probably has more Finals games in his future though, so I think writing him off as a "fake" or a loser is premature. He repeats this again then yeah, we can start talking about it :)

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW OH
    Posts
    5,732
    I just looked back at the list of MVPs and Scoring Leaders in NBA history...I'm pretty confident that Lebron may be the first of either to not score more than 25 in a Finals through 10 Finals games played. Damn sure he's the only one who has won both and not scored more than 25 in 10 Finals games.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    14,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Well no sht dude, the guy is 26 years old and you act like he won't improve his game over the next 7 or so years. There is plenty to rip LJ on but this is just stupid.
    Both Kobe and Lebron game right out of high school. Compare how their game, not stats...but skills, developed over the same time frame.

    Lebron isn't all that different than his first few years in the league. He is pure athleticism. His shot has gotten a little better, but isn't Kobe consistent. He doesn't have a turn around, or any real post moves outside of backing his guy down.

    You can call this hate or whatever you want, but it's the truth.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    43,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I have no idea how you got this from what I wrote. Its fine to rip him, he choked in the Finals or got shut down or whatever, either way its not good. He factually has shown ELITE level killer instinct though, so why blow it out of proportion. He failed to show killer instinct in one series. He was also the #1 reason they were there in a year when they weren't expected to be. I've seen Kobe and Mike get smoked in huge series' too.

    one thing I really wonder about. Do people still think Kobe and Durant the last too rounds were too passive and quit as well against Dallas? Are they that lucky or that good? Something to consider I think.

    There's enough going on I suppose that we don't need to get into you "remembering what great playoff basketball looked like". Yah, no great playoff basketball going on in the last 10 years at all.
    Kobe's been getting a free pass for this a lot. His teams got crushed by the Mavs, blowing 4th quarter leads and Kobe failing to close. I could go into more, but this is the bash Lebron thread.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    15,068
    You know... I hate Phil Jackson with a passion, but this is the same thing that happened with the Lakers pre-Phil... these big drama queen players need somebody that can reign them in and show them how to be great. God, I hate to admit that about Phil.... who knows... he did say he was going to retire... maybe he meant to say... he was going to retire in Miami :) lol.... short of that, Lebron's legacy is not going to be anywhere near Michael's ...he is a total punk and I do dislike him, but much of the problem is what I believe Barkley has said... Lebron isn't a killer... Kobe Jordan... they were killers... some players are built differently, hell Lebron really plays a completely different position and the guy had a triple double in game 5 I believe....most players would be getting congratulated for that, but when people were incorrectly comparing him to Jordan, you aren't going to see it, they aren't comparable for a lot of reasons. Lebron probably goes down as the greatest SF of all time, total schmuck, but Jordan was and is a huge d#ck by most people's account and I believe Kobe was a rapist (personal opinion)... personal feelings about these guys really shouldn't factor in (even though I was happy he lost), the bottom line really is that Lebron really isn't the type of player that can easily put up 40/50 in a playoff game... he does so much more the way magic used to and really that would be a more apt comparison.

    Two ways to look at this year... 1) he choked and it forever tarnishes his greatness status or 2) he was just so great that he got teams not ready to win it all to the finals earlier in his career than other stars like Jordan who had to learn to first overcome Detroit. Personally, I think it boils down to what I said above... he needs a coach and a team philosophy because he is not a killer who can just take over a game, that just isn't him.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    14,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I have no idea how you got this from what I wrote. Its fine to rip him, he choked in the Finals or got shut down or whatever, either way its not good. He factually has shown ELITE level killer instinct though, so why blow it out of proportion. He failed to show killer instinct in one series. He was also the #1 reason they were there in a year when they weren't expected to be. I've seen Kobe and Mike get smoked in huge series' too.

    one thing I really wonder about. Do people still think Kobe and Durant the last too rounds were too passive and quit as well against Dallas? Are they that lucky or that good? Something to consider I think.

    There's enough going on I suppose that we don't need to get into you "remembering what great playoff basketball looked like". Yah, no great playoff basketball going on in the last 10 years at all.
    Plenty of great basketball in the past 10 years, Shaq was truly dominant, TD was a clinician, and Kobe was a killer.

    Look at Lebron's +/- for the series. It's hard to defend.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    14,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    A handful of buckets in the 4Q of the Finals isn't greatness. He filled up the hoops prior to that to get them into the Finals. Again not going to argue he was great in the Finals, he wasn't. Lebron probably has more Finals games in his future though, so I think writing him off as a "fake" or a loser is premature. He repeats this again then yeah, we can start talking about it :)
    I thought the point of signing with two other stars was to get him over the "hump" though?

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    43,060
    Quote Originally Posted by KRD227 View Post
    I just looked back at the list of MVPs and Scoring Leaders in NBA history...I'm pretty confident that Lebron may be the first of either to not score more than 25 in a Finals through 10 Finals games played. Damn sure he's the only one who has won both and not scored more than 25 in 10 Finals games.
    Didn't they show some crazy stat during the game about first 9 Final games average? MJ was the clear leader at 32 ppg or something ridiculous like that. But then the drop off was huge. Like into the teens huge. I was multi-tasking and not paying attention at the time really, but that's what I thought I read. Did anyone see this?

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    43,060
    double post

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    43,060
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    I thought the point of signing with two other stars was to get him over the "hump" though?
    Is his career over? They got to the Finals when no one predicted they would. They realistically could have been up 3-0 on the Mavs if they don't choke game 2 away. They aren't that far off.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    11,395
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    I guess I am older than you guys then, because I remember what great playoff basketball looked like. I am not saying Lebron had to score 50 a game, but seriously...look at his performance in the 4Q of every game...in a close series...where he could have won a ring.

    I think you are swinging too much to the other side to defend James, honestly.
    Best post Ive read yet in this thread.

    James is the equivalent of a guy who failed his fitness test (the running portion) in my police academy by :02, and subsequently was forced to repeat the entire academy.

    So close, but refusing to push it just that little bit to succeed.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.