Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Not at all. I'm just stating we get caught up in the now.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    You can call it hate, but Lebron created his own expectations by signing with two other superstars and proclaiming the team a dynasty.

He needs multiple championships.
    I think 3 minimum or he's failure honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    Agreed.

Not just for him, but DWade also. Great player, but if this group cannot get it done...he will be seen as a sidekick to Shaq's last run.

If that is the case, isn't James just a bigger Pippen???
    "Just" a Pippen?? Pip was a great player and actually complemented Jordan. Lebron is nowhere near Pippen as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vedder View Post
    "Just" a Pippen?? Pip was a great player and actually complemented Jordan. Lebron is nowhere near Pippen as a defender.
    Both Pippen and James were/are great basketball players. What we are talking about here is the Mount Rushmore of the NBA, Jordan, Magic, etc. James put himself there with self expectations.

Lebron was easily equal to Pippen this year. Easily. From game 1, not just the playoffs.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

There are different levels of greatness and a clear difference between closing out a series and closing out a final.

By winning this title, Dirk is now in the top 20 discussion.

James has to earn that, even though it has been given to him prematurely.
    Has to earn it and didn't shown enough killer instint. Hell Yah goddamit! Zero killer instinct and likely will never learn it. IGNORANT
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Absolutely. Number of Finals MVPs will matter too given how he plays with Wade. Its not like Mike/Scottie though. We're talking 2 of the top 4 alpha dog scoring types in the league(KD/Kobe), Pippen was meant to be a facilitator and defender who was a secondary scorer.

Both Pippen and James were/are great basketball players. What we are talking about here is the Mount Rushmore of the NBA, Jordan, Magic, etc. James put himself there with self expectations.
    Did James put himself there or did others? Is this all based on the "King" nickname? There is someone in history called King James, you know this right? If it's the whole title prediction thing when they introduced the big 3 in Miami, then I can see it. A little. What else are they supposed to say at one of those things for their own fans? Predict runner ups and just division titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Absolutely. Number of Finals MVPs will matter too given how he plays with Wade. Its not like Mike/Scottie though. We're talking 2 of the top 4 alpha dog scoring types in the league(KD/Kobe), Pippen was meant to be a facilitator and defender who was a secondary scorer.
    You think this group gets 3? I think they can depending on what Dwight Howard does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Has to earn it and didn't shown enough killer instint. Hell Yah goddamit! Zero killer instinct and likely will never learn it. IGNORANT
    I guess I am older than you guys then, because I remember what great playoff basketball looked like. I am not saying Lebron had to score 50 a game, but seriously...look at his performance in the 4Q of every game...in a close series...where he could have won a ring.

I think you are swinging too much to the other side to defend James, honestly.

You think this group gets 3? I think they can depending on what Dwight Howard does.
    If "they" get Howard, then they stop being "they", right?

Did James put himself there or did others? Is this all based on the "King" nickname? There is someone in history called King James, you know this right? If it's the whole title prediction thing when they introduced the big 3 in Miami, then I can see it. A little. What else are they supposed to say at one of those things for their own fans? Predict runner ups and just division titles?
    The fact that they had a WWE celebration before the season was enough to turn me off. To predict, not one, not two, not three, championships...just sealed the deal.

I am FINE with people talking like that, but you have to perform then. A handful of buckets in the 4Q of close games ISN'T greatness.

He is a great player, I will never argue otherwise. He just doesn't have the killer instinct in him like Jordan, Kobe, Isiah, Magic, etc. I do not know if he can develop that, as I see it as a personal attribute more than anything.

I also worry about his technical skill once his physical skills diminish.
    My goodness, can people be anymore short sighted? You act like the guy only has a few years left to play.

I am pretty indifferent to LJ but you guys are just so over the top cutting him down.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    If "they" get Howard, then they stop being "they", right?
    I think he means what team DHo goes to, as it may affect the Heats ability to win multiple titles.

If the Heat get Howard, I will stop watching basketball.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast