Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Dwight Howard for Lebron James would be HUGE. It would make sense for Miami to be honest but I doubt they look at it. Wow, that's crazy!

Explain how someone who doesn't want the ball in the clutch in the NBA Finals is a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Explain how someone who doesn't want the ball in the clutch in the NBA Finals is a superstar.
    You know exactly for sure that he doesn't want it in the clutch? I've seen him play clutch quite a few times so far in his career... It's obvious to me that he and D-Wade aren't on the same page as yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    You know exactly for sure that he doesn't want it in the clutch? I've seen him play clutch quite a few times so far in his career... It's obvious to me that he and D-Wade aren't on the same page as yet...
    As the series went on, it seemed to me that James didn't want the ball - or at the very least he didn't want to be the one making the shots. He increasingly deferred to his teammates instead of being aggressive and attacking the Mavs.
    Help make a difference

The ONE Initiative - http://www.one.org/
    Make Poverty History Campaign - http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/
    A Debt Free Africa - http://www.data.org/
    The RED Campaign - http://www.joinred.com/
    Les Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders - http://www.msf.org/
    International Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    He sucks when he posts up. He turns it over or misses a terrible shot(like the one where he missed the square all together) every time. He could be a great post up player if he worked at it.

I wonder about his work ethic. Now, he is clearly not lazy. The guy works hard, stays in shape, improves his game a bit here and there. However, I just don't think he has that Kobe/Dirk type work ethic personally. He hasn't improved his weaknesses enough by now(though there is time) and honestly, and maybe I'm wrong, he just doesn't appear to be as chiseled as he used to be. He's letting his body get a little soft I feel like. I don't think he has that elite level drive.
    I don't think he works hard. At all. I don't think he has to. Even to stay in shape. Some people are blessed that way.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    You just said it yourself. The media crowns him and now the media rips him for not living up to THEIR expectations. Just face it, you would have hated on him even if he won this title or any other.
    Sure the media blew him from the beginning, doesn't mean the dude needs to be a giant douche. The media didn't tat him up with chosen 1 and witness. The media didn't put a gun to his head to do "the decision". The media didn't make the Heat have a victory celebration before the pre-season.

What's even funnier is the jaded Cleveland fans celebrating now and calling him a choker and this and that but they were blind to all of it when they had the Witness poster and they all had a 23 jersey. Typical Ohio-ans, and I'm originally from the Akron area.

Dude is gonna get a ring eventually but it was awesome seeing Dirk, J-Kidd and Terry get theirs.

I don't see how anyone could have watched the last few finals games and still claim that Lebron wanted that ball in the clutch.

Compare him to Wade and tell me he had the same desire.

Quote Originally Posted by VOTC View Post
    Van gundy last night already called for them to trade James to Orlando for Howard.
    I wouldn't make that trade if I were Orlando. Wade + Howard > Wade + James + Bosh. I don't mean from a talent perspective, but from the perspective of building a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I wouldn't make that trade if I were Orlando. Wade + Howard > Wade + James + Bosh. I don't mean from a talent perspective, but from the perspective of building a team.
    Why wouldn't you make that trade if you think that Wade + Howard would be better than the 3 already in Miami? Wade + Howard or LeBron + Howard would be better than the 3 already together... LeBron and Wade are too much a like... One of them is going to have to give way to the other in terms of the go to guy on the team...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Why wouldn't you make that trade if you think that Wade + Howard would be better than the 3 already in Miami?
    I think you're missing the "if I were Orlando" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    I don't think he works hard. At all. I don't think he has to. Even to stay in shape. Some people are blessed that way.
    Could be true.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    If Orlando is going to lose DHo anyways, then you do not turn down Lebron. If you have the option of either, you don't make the trade, but that may not be the case.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    If Orlando is going to lose DHo anyways, then you do not turn down Lebron. If you have the option of either, you don't make the trade, but that may not be the case.
    I disagree. I dunno who's gonna be a FA, but I'd take the next best option, over James, if acquiring James puts Wade and Howard together (and Bosh would still be there, with Howard compensating for his greatest weakness). James + whatever they could put together around him would have 0 chance of beating Wade+Howard.

I really doubt Miami would ever trade Lebron. The Howard trade would obviously make them better (which says a lot about Lebron), but it would require the Heat to admit Lebron was not the answer and that is unlikely. I also suspect he has a no trade clause and it is impossible but I am just guessing that part.

lol, still getting your digs in at Lebron. Trading Howard for Wade would make them better too.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast