Thread: Blaine Gabbert

Blaine Gabbert

Ya dig?
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

No, I don't see it.

Seemed like he shot up out of nowhere into the top 10. He wasn't as productive as Chase Daniel in that absurd offense. Distinctly remember him throwing a dumb pick to lose the bowl game against Iowa. The physical talent is obviously there, but I think he's pretty raw. It's kind of boom or bust, but I think more of these overvalued QBs are going to bust this year. He seems like one of the more likely busts, behind Newton and Kaep.

Most of the Jags fans love this pick, however. What do you think?
    Sincerely, maddencutter

I love the pick. It took a lot of guts to make it but the GM decided that all Garrard offered was mediocrity, a lot of 8-8's or 9-6's with no chance at being a SB contender.
    Gabbert may or may not become a true franchise QB, I think he has the talent but I cannot measure his heart or mental toughness, just as I couldn't measure any other 1st round QB's.
    If you want to be a SB contender, you have to have a franchise QB and if you don't have one, go get one if you think the potential is there. I don't think they thought they could get Gabbert originally but when Tennessee made the decision to draft Locker, it opened the door for Jacksonville. I hope it pays off.

Mecca for the nation's dumb, ignorant, and ugly.
    I got a good feeling about him this year....I also wanted to post since there hasent been once in over a year. But yeah...I think we may actually have good WR squad to help Gabbert.