Gil, Brandt's top 100

As usual he places prospects in tiers indicating players whose rankings are very close.
    For any newcomers, Gil Brandt was Director of Scouting for the Cowboys during their hey days and was responsible for most of their draft picks which made the Cowboys, America's team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...2011-nfl-draft

Personally, I doubt he still does a lot of scouting himself today, so his list is probably how the Cowboy scouts currently see the top 100.
    Of course the Combine and pro day are going to shake up every team's draft board significantly, but if you want to know at this point whom the scouts and GM's prefer, this is a solid projection.

Quote Originally Posted by kenroher View Post
    As usual he places prospects in tiers indicating players whose rankings are very close.
    For any newcomers, Gil Brandt was Director of Scouting for the Cowboys during their hey days and was responsible for most of their draft picks which made the Cowboys, America's team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...2011-nfl-draft

Personally, I doubt he still does a lot of scouting himself today, so his list is probably how the Cowboy scouts currently see the top 100.
    Of course the Combine and pro day are going to shake up every team's draft board significantly, but if you want to know at this point whom the scouts and GM's prefer, this is a solid projection.
    Brandt's list is usually pretty accurate, but I'm a little surprised that Danny Watkins isn't there. Makes me wonder if he's taking a hit because of his age.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverViking View Post
    Brandt's list is usually pretty accurate, but I'm a little surprised that Danny Watkins isn't there. Makes me wonder if he's taking a hit because of his age.
    Brandt is pretty old and has a reputation for misspelling prospects names and leaving a few off his list in error.

Brandt is still the man.

If you are questioning his knowledge of current players, you either: a) Dont have a sirius satellite radio or b) Are going full retard again.

He's old and has forgotten a lot, but he still knows a ton of things about many of the picks in the draft. He'll talk deep sleepers on Late Hits a couple times a week and has resources inside the league.

One chat on NFL.com last year was interrupted when he got a phone call from Al Davis and had to take a break to fill him in on his opinion.

Gil has a photographic memory when it comes to players. He is uncanny in what he can remember about prospects going back decades. He's an old man, but he still has the jam to scout the players.