Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    The thing about the Twins starting staff is, while they have the depth and the BOR is fine, the TOR doesn't have the strength to balance things out. They have like 3 #3s and 3 #5s(Duensing,Blackburn,Marquis). You could argue their #3 types have teh ability to pitch like 2s, but they also have the ability to pitch like 5s.

I am not picking on the Twins as a Tiger fan, just my honest opinion.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    The thing about the Twins starting staff is, while they have the depth and the BOR is fine, the TOR doesn't have the strength to balance things out. They have like 3 #3s and 3 #5s(Duensing,Blackburn,Marquis). You could argue their #3 types have teh ability to pitch like 2s, but they also have the ability to pitch like 5s.

I am not picking on the Twins as a Tiger fan, just my honest opinion.
    That is a fair assessment, I expect one of those #3s to have a bounceback year at least, the other to pitch to about what he is capable on average, and the third to be ineffective and/or injured.

All of the staff sucked last year, and I don't believe that should happen again.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

detroit is gonna be good, I expect KC to actually place 2nd, Cleveland 3rd, and the twins and sox to battle it out for last. no reason to add payroll...it's not going to add much to this team, to be honest.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by VikingFan2k2 View Post
    That is a fair assessment, I expect one of those #3s to have a bounceback year at least, the other to pitch to about what he is capable on average, and the third to be ineffective and/or injured.

All of the staff sucked last year, and I don't believe that should happen again.
    Agreed. There is no doubt this team HAS to be better than last year, and I did love the Doumit and Willingham moves.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Twins signed Joel Zumaya to a one year deal. Good low risk signing.
    So I said to him, "Look buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that." -Homer Simpson

Be a nice move if he could stay healthy...but I certainly am not holding my breath on that.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride84 View Post
    Twins signed Joel Zumaya to a one year deal. Good low risk signing.
    I love it. Little risk involved...but little chance of him staying healthier either.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

If he gets healthy, this could be an absolute steal. We don't have anyone with an overpowering fastball in the bullpen, this has a lot of potential with little risk.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

Anyone you get for 800K isn't usually going to offer much. Zumaya likely won't stay healthy, but his upside makes this a good signing regardless.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142