Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice

Two of the top young WRs in the NFL.

VJax will definitely play Novemeber 28th (week 12). Sidney Rice will probably play starting that same date (though his date is less certain due to injury).

Vjax will likely be Rivers 2nd target, assuming Gates is healthy. Rice will likely be Favre's 1st target assuming he comes back healthy and is able to play at his normal high level.

Who would you rather have for weeks 14, 15 and 16? and why?

Which player offers better trade value?
    I will be picking up one of these guys, but my other WRs are Wayne, Marshall and Desean (who I just traded for in a Ray Rice deal), so I'd likely be trading a WR already on my team or one of these guys by the end of the week. Considering both are on waivers I'd assume their trade value is nil, but that should increase with every passing day/news about them.

So call your shot. Who will have the larger fantasy impact. Sidney Rice or Vincent Jackson?

I heard there is a small chance Rice could play this weekend. He is more of a gamble IMO based on the fact he is coming off injury and the Vikings are, well, a bit of a mess right now. But, if he is 100% healthy he should put up some numbers.

Jackson may not be as good as last year, but he should be decent at worst as Rivers seems unstoppable. I haven't compared their FFL playoffs schedules, that may be the tie breaker.

With Rivers >> Favre and Rice coming off injuries, I think VJax has the better outlook.
    Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by haircut100 View Post
    With Rivers >> Favre and Rice coming off injuries, I think VJax has the better outlook.
    Still Floyd will be back. Gates will be back. And the offense and all of it's WRs have produced in Vjax's absence. Will Jackson see the number of targets Rice will? I very much doubt that. Will Jackson be as much of the offense as Rice? Probably not.

Probably pretty close to the same output. SD has a slightly easier playoff schedule though.

Im picking up both wherever I can, if I cant..Im picking up Jackson. No injury issues and the much better QB.

Could go either way though. Both are smart pickups imo.

I gather Jackson has looked fantastic in practice. I just went through this same calculus myself, and picked up Jackson.

Yeah I would go with Jackson personally.

The Vikes are a running team that have only had one big passing game all season whereas the Chargers are ALL about the pass.

Simple math: Rivers 3000 yards already and 19 TD's. Favre 1900 yards and 9 TD's. This is a case where the system is more important than the players themselves.

I say this as a person who has had Rice stashed on my bench all season (how small are the rosters where both of these guys are still available???) and am also a Viking fan.

I would say Jackson, and it's not really even close. Jackson has been practicing and working out with the team for 3 weeks. Sydney Rice hasn't even been running for the last 6 months.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. -- George Best

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    Sydney Rice hasn't even been running for the last 6 months.
    He actually was taken off PUP and started practicing last week and has been training for about a month or so now. Reports are that he looks good in practice (although who cares as no NFL teams tackle in practice at this point in the season) and is probably going to end up playing this Sunday against the Bears.

Crap, I just offered somebody Ryan Torain and Pierre Garcon for Malcom Floyd, forgetting about Vincent Jackson. Should I rescind that offer before he can do anything about it, or do you guys think Floyd will still be great down the stretch?

EDIT: I revoked it for now. I'm in great position to make the playoffs, and am looking for WR help down the stretch, and targeted Floyd as somebody who I might be able to get at good value. Don't know how I forgot about Jackson, although I have some concerns about how much he'll be involved.
    Last edited by SilverSeahawk; 11-09-2010 at 05:20 PM.

I wouldn't do that trade. IMO Garcon will be a better option than Floyd down the stretch with Jackson coming back.

Maybe I should offer the same thing for Jackson and see what that guys says. My team has been very good, but my WRs are very average overall and I'm looking for guys who could potentially explode down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I wouldn't do that trade. IMO Garcon will be a better option than Floyd down the stretch with Jackson coming back.
    not only that, Indy's down Clark, Collie, and Gonzalez which makes Garcon even more desireable.
    Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?

FYI, there is a good chance of Rice playing this weekend. Is it 100%? No, but its very possible.

Each has questions. Will VJack actually be motivated or will he just want to get the heck out of there? For Rice, will he be 100% and if so, when? Favre will throw it up to him, no question, so the QB shouldn't be much of a factor.

I've been wondering if they're going to just welcome V Jax right back into the starting line-up like everyone seems to be assuming.... The WR corps has done just fine in his absence. Not saying they're going to just let him rot on the bench, but to expect him to just waltz right back into being the 2nd most productive pass-catcher on the team might be a bit much.
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast