Page 4 of 225 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    I like how the zombies aren't extremely slow, but not as fast as living people either.

And in that one scene where the zombies are trying to break down the dept store windows. That one zombie has a rock. So I'm wondering, do the zombies or at least some of them, have the ability to think/reason somewhat?

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    That one zombie has a rock. So I'm wondering, do the zombies or at least some of them, have the ability to think/reason somewhat?
    I don't know, but it sure took him long enough to break that glass.

That little girl zombie picked up her teddy bear in episode 1, so yes, I'd say there is still something rattling around there.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    That little girl zombie picked up her teddy bear in episode 1, so yes, I'd say there is still something rattling around there.
    Good point. I also thought that maybe that zombie the sheriff killed, the one with only it's upper torso crawling through the park, was asking the sheriff to kill him/her.

Not to mention the black guy's (survivor) wife seemed to know that was her house. May be speculation though.

There's nothing really in the comic to suggest they have anything but rudimentary reasoning skills. My guess is it will be left to the viewer to infer not unlike a lot of other zombie movies in the past.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Damn, a discussion about the IQ / reasoning skills of a zombie. Made my weekend. Please continue. [ I like the show]
    I promise I won't do it again

I think that it is like a muscle memory that athletes have. It is not so much thinking but a reaction. That is why they were drawn to the mall in Dawn of the Dead (the remake). There is not real thought behind it but a knee jerk reaction.

I also agree that I like that these zombies are a nice cross between slow and fast.
    enjoy the day - my bands album

3HB = Three Heads Brewing....my brewery.

And in that one scene where the zombies are trying to break down the dept store windows. That one zombie has a rock. So I'm wondering, do the zombies or at least some of them, have the ability to think/reason somewhat?
    Plus some of the zombies were able to figure out that they could sneak below the bus to get into the alley where the other entrance to the department store is.

It could be that some are smarter than others, but it is also likely that simply by sheer zombie numbers that random chance will allow certain zombies to attempt something that works. I think it would only be a sign of intelligence/smarts if the same zombie was able to overcome various obstacles on a few occasions.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

I think this show is really well done. AMC is bringing real quality these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaPump View Post
    I also agree that I like that these zombies are a nice cross between slow and fast.
    Yeah. This is really the first time I've enjoyed the actual movements of a zombie in a series or show, without it making them out to be totally oblivious, or overly intelligent. Just the right mix so far. Really looking forward to tomorrows episode, given the previews.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I think it would only be a sign of intelligence/smarts if the same zombie was able to overcome various obstacles on a few occasions.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    I think this show is really well done. AMC is bringing real quality these days.
    They are really willig to push the envelope. There was a good article in New York Magazine a couple of months back talking about how these shows can now succeed even with modest viewership totals due to other things like Itunes and DVD sales. As long as they can some buzz early on they can wind up doing really well.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Slightly off topic

Anyone watch the IFC miniseries about zombies called "Dead Set"? 1st episode was 45 minutes long and the last 5 episodes were 30 minutes each I believe. Its backdrop is a zombie uprising takes place during the filming of Big Brother UK and the BB cast are pretty much the last to know and they are some of the few survivors. Along with some BB staff and a few people from out in the world. I thought it was cool.

Slightly off topic

Anyone watch the IFC miniseries about zombies called "Dead Set"? 1st episode was 45 minutes long and the last 5 episodes were 30 minutes each I believe. Its backdrop is a zombie uprising takes place during the filming of Big Brother UK and the BB cast are pretty much the last to know and they are some of the few survivors. Along with some BB staff and a few people from out in the world. I thought it was cool.
    Neat concept. Was it worth the time in how it was executed?

Page 4 of 225 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast