Page 3 of 246 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    A courtesy bump to remind the technologically changed that the first episode re-airs at 10:00 tonight.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Actually I was able to watch it on ON-Demand in HD. Very good stuff :)
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Just watched it on itunes... The rate their going, they could drag this out for 5 seasons easy.
    Not often that you see a film version add to the source material. Especially and have it actually be good. I initially figured they'd probably cover about two issues of the comic per hour of show, but I guess it'll be only about 1 per based on the premiere, as the first hour ended exactly where the first issue ended, and the last half hour ran to about the middle of the second.

Supposedly the second season will be 13 episodes and start filming in February, but hasn't been officially picked up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    A courtesy bump to remind the technologically changed that the first episode re-airs at 10:00 tonight.
    IFC re-aired the first episode a couple nights ago as well. Don't know if they plan on re-airing the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by SinkLikeAStone View Post
    how the HELL is this show going to cover the Thomas Richards character and what he did. i just don't see how the show can stay faithful to the events in the comic once they get to the prison. it's just not suitable for TV after that.
    Well it took all of what 3 minutes for them to show they weren't going to be afraid of showing bad things happening to kids on this show. In the long run, though, I really don't think they have to go too crazy with depicting all of the actual violence (although Darabont has said he's been surprised that AMC has yet to ask them to scale anything back gore & violence-wise, so I guess he won't until they do lol)...obviously the story is about the survivors more than anything. But they have to keep the basic premise of the Thomas/Dexter storylines intact, IMO...they're too important in the character development of Rick to leave out...I think it can still be done without necessarily showing every detail of what happened.

IFC is another channel DirecTv doesn't have in HD....

I guess if I want to watch this show in HD I have to start torrenting it.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

One of my favorite scenes from the book is coming up soon,

here be spoilers
    :::::::where Carl protects his mother, who had been pretty pissed that Rick let a 7 year old have a gun, by shooting an attacking zombie with a handgun:::::::

That's another one that I'd have thought would be too outrageous for TV to show. After the opening scene from the pilot... I think it happens.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

Having things mirror the source material is so overrated. Make it the best quality show you can, not the best quality replica.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Having things mirror the source material is so overrated. Make it the best quality show you can, not the best quality replica.
    Depends on how good the source material is...
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Nas: It's a comic. It's like a storyboard for a TV show.

I'm drawn to a live action Walking Dead. There are plenty of other zombie survival movies out there already if I want something more generic.
    And they have added plenty to the story for the live action.

Yeah, I like how it diverges from the comic. This show in particular shows how TV can be a really compelling medium for telling the story without damaging the integrity of the comic.

SPOILER ALERT

--->Like the black dude not having what it takes to shoot his wife. I thought that was a really interesting way of showing how something like ZDay completely ****ed up people's heads. That bitch would eat them in a heartbeat and he can't take her out. Nice addition.

However, I will say that the people in the camp look kind of annoying to me ... especially Lori.
    Last edited by SinkLikeAStone; 11-05-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    ----------------------

if you want to follow me you should know
    I was lost then and I'm lost now
    And I doubt I'll ever know which way to go

SLAS:

here be spoilers!
    :::::::Well, most of them die....:::::::::

It certainly doesn't need to be an exact replica to be good. OTOH, if you f with an established story too much, you're likely to turn off the hardcore fans of the source material, and that's probably not good, either. I agree with SLAS that most of what they added/or changed was terrific, and I thought it was one of the best premiere episodes of a TV series I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    One of my favorite scenes from the book is coming up soon,

here be spoilers
    :::::::where Carl protects his mother, who had been pretty pissed that Rick let a 7 year old have a gun, by shooting an attacking zombie with a handgun:::::::

That's another one that I'd have thought would be too outrageous for TV to show. After the opening scene from the pilot... I think it happens.
    Spoilers:

The governor and the roaming woman with the chained zombies scene after she escapes... I just don't see how it would/will be done, the entire thing, including the rape scenes...
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    It certainly doesn't need to be an exact replica to be good. OTOH, if you f with an established story too much, you're likely to turn off the hardcore fans of the source material, and that's probably not good, either. I agree with SLAS that most of what they added/or changed was terrific, and I thought it was one of the best premiere episodes of a TV series I've ever seen.
    Agreed.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Page 3 of 246 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast