Page 1 of 233 1231151101 ... LastLast

The Walking Dead (AMC)

This new series starts later tonight on AMC. It's from the director of Shawshank Redemption and The Terminator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U

DVR is set!
    Be Thankful for Everything for Soon there will be Nothing!

Very psyched to see this, but will be DVRing it since the wife will be running the remote to watch her Steelers play. Just re-read the first 5 hardcover volumes (which covers the first 60 issues of the comic) this past week in anticipation.
    I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

DVR definitely set. Been waiting months and months for tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by dcten View Post
    Very psyched to see this, but will be DVRing it since the wife will be running the remote to watch her Steelers play. Just re-read the first 5 hardcover volumes (which covers the first 60 issues of the comic) this past week in anticipation.
    me too!

i forgot about some stuff and frequently got up from reading, shaking my head with a sadistic grin, and saying outloud: "OMG this is ****ed up." if this series lives up to half of what the the comic did then it'll be a decent show. i'm excited.

how the HELL is this show going to cover the Thomas Richards character and what he did. i just don't see how the show can stay faithful to the events in the comic once they get to the prison. it's just not suitable for TV after that.
    ----------------------

if you want to follow me you should know
    I was lost then and I'm lost now
    And I doubt I'll ever know which way to go

Quote Originally Posted by SinkLikeAStone View Post
    how the HELL is this show going to cover the Thomas Richards character and what he did. i just don't see how the show can stay faithful to the events in the comic once they get to the prison. it's just not suitable for TV after that.
    I had that exact thought. I'm guessing that is where we'll see many, many changes from the story. Will they even try to cover Woodbury? I assume that with only six episodes guaranteed, they may cross that bridge IF they come to it.
    I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

The compendium is a must buy for the fans. I got the first 50 issues for super cheap all in one big book. I read it now and again for some entertainment.

The first episode is already on the web, its good. Lots of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by dcten View Post
    I had that exact thought. I'm guessing that is where we'll see many, many changes from the story. Will they even try to cover Woodbury? I assume that with only six episodes guaranteed, they may cross that bridge IF they come to it.
    The second season already got green-lit so we might make it to the prison by the end of S2 I would think. Maybe not though...

Show's pretty badass so far. Will have to finish the rest of it tomorrow since I have to be up mad early.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Tonight's episode was alright. They did a good job of setting the stage for the series and have a nice "twist in the game" plotline going far as homeboy's partner goes.

Will every episode be 1 1/2 hours long? Or was it just because it was the first episode?

I thought the first episode was awesome.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

High level without major spoilers, what happens in the prison that couldn't be shown on cable?

On a side note, I've had poor luck getting graphic novels at the library. Has anyone found them online?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    High level without major spoilers, what happens in the prison that couldn't be shown on cable?

On a side note, I've had poor luck getting graphic novels at the library. Has anyone found them online?
    A) SPOILER ALERT: The gang finds what they think is an abandoned prison which would be perfect to lay low in and establish some sanity, but they find a group of 3-4 prisoners just chillin in there. They work together but ::surprise:: one is a murderer and kills some relatively key characters. After tonights episode, it looks like its 2-3 seasons away. There is also a double suicide/murder type of thing with some kids who cant handle it, some other twisted stuff as well.

Hell, the whole Shane/Rick thing should be enough to propel for 1-2 seasons I would think.

B) I've purchased the compendium through amazon. Thats the first 49 issues. Outside of that, issue 8-11 of the comic (10 comics in one book) can be bought after that. I still read mine when I'm bored and its worked out to 150 bucks or so for 70+ issues.

I liked the first episode a great deal. Good gore, some drama, the black guy is a great actor. Action. It had everything a premiere should, IMO.

I missed it. Anywhere online to watch?
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Page 1 of 233 1231151101 ... LastLast