Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyJustWins View Post
    I'm the type that can drink just about any beer, other than the real thick stout kinds.

But my favorite by far is Sam Adam's October Fest. Between the taste and the time of year it comes out, it's freaking perfection. I JUST finally saw some on the shelf yesterday and bought a 12 pack. Chilling in the fridge for Sunday. Woohoo, can't wait, it's the official start of fall for me. Week one of the regular season and a few SA October fest.
    Sam Adams October Fest is the other my boss recommended. If I cannot find the Great Lakes Sampler pack, I was going to get a Sam Adams Sampler, or just the October Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    I am a long time SN Pale Ale drinker...would I like Torpedo? What is the difference between Pale Ale and Torpedo? Only seen it in stores so far...
    Torpedo is an IPA and you would love it.
    Fear is the mind killer

Hermann's Dark Lager is good stuff. The brewery is somewhere around Vancouver/Victoria. Apparently you can only get it around there. I know because when I returned to Baltimore from my trip there, I called the brewery and asked. Anyone else had that? It's very dark colored - almost Guinness like. But it's much lighter to drink.

The best beer is one the your friend's buys for you.

However, if I am doing the shopping.

Hobgoblin: My favorite but kinda expensive UK import, dark and sweet not as heavy as Guiness.
    Sam Adams Winter Lager: seasonal but I think their best
    Guiness: Only problem is it is very heavy so I limit to one or two before switching over to something else, but great to start out with.
    NewCastle Brown Ale: Same dilema great taste, but I can not drink more than three before I want something lighter.
    Corona with a lime is a staple in my house(bread, peanut butter, Corona) Serve cold on the beach is hard to beat. Only problem is it only comes in bottles.
    Natural Light is the drink all day to keep that steady beer buzz at the game beer.

Corona is lucky they have a niche because that is some stank ass sh!t.
    Chum is Fum... Fum is Chum

Corona is an aquired taste I guess. Agreed it is not very good except ice ice cold and you must squeeze the lime to get the bubbles flowing. Its kinda like a mixed drink, without the proper componets it does not taste good, but it still has alcohol.

Guiness
    Hacker-Pschorr
    Yuengling
    For a seasonal I enjoy Sam Adams Summer
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

If there are any other Sierra Nevada fans out there, try the Spring seasonal Glissade.....delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambulance View Post
    If there are any other Sierra Nevada fans out there, try the Spring seasonal Glissade.....delicious.
    Always been a fan of the Pale Ale and especially of the Big Foot Barley Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    You're just saying that cuz you can't afford them... LMAO...
    My wife, my mother, and my neighbor's wife love Fat Tire and Blue Moon.
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TheNextStep View Post
    Smithwick's
    Newcastle Brown Ale
    Harp Lager
    Shiner Bock

Those are probably my favorites.
    I thought Smiddicks was a little overrated. I like the other three just fine, though.
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Another handy for the beers from Dogfish Head! The 90 is just great. Indian Brown amazing. If you want to last a bit longer or do some day drinking you'll want the 60 minute. We vacation down in rehoboth and can also buy it pretty much everywhere here around Philly. I've been getting into IPAs over the last couple years. Greater Philly Area owns for microbrews. Just top notch stuff all around. Victory golden monkey and hopdevil are terrific out of Downingtown. Golden Monkey will F you up. 9.5%.

During the summer Flying Fish Farmhouse Ale was some great stuff, but I haven't been able to find it anymore. Some of their other stuff is hit or miss. Me and a buddy split a variety pack a couple weeks ago. The IPA was very good, but can't say as much for the extra pale or dubbel.

Bigfoot Barley wine was really good, but its pretty thick stuff.

Been looking for Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout but haven't been able to get it. That is an outstanding drink. Maybe I have to head back out to the Bay Area.

Hops Devil is a fantastic beer
    Fear is the mind killer

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    I thought Smiddicks was a little overrated. I like the other three just fine, though.
    Really? I've never had Shiner Bock, but prefer Smithwick's to the other 2. Hmmmm....

Anyhow, back to Sorry, my first smiley with the new format.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    We vacation down in rehoboth
    You and Jim? ;)

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast