Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I'm on a Chimay Red kick lately. For a day-to-day beer, I like Shiner Bock. I like Shiner 101 even more, though.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Quote Originally Posted by ghost of halas View Post
    I miss Yuengling. That was my everyday beer when I lived in Baltimore. Can't get it in Houston (hey maddencutter, much to my surprise, I could get Shiner at my local liquor store in Baltimore; but I can't get Yuengling down here. )
    I think Sweet Daddy finally admitted that Shiner is better than Yuengling.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

I drink pretty much exclusively cans of Labatt Ice. Canadian beer is very popular here. Probably outsells American beer by about 2-1.

Somebody gave me a bottle of Yeungling a while back. I tried it, but couldn't even finish the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMan View Post
    Somebody gave me a bottle of Yeungling a while back. I tried it, but couldn't even finish the bottle.
    Which one, do you remember??
    http://www.yuengling.com/beers.htm
    I promise I won't do it again

I'm a seasonal drinking kind of guy...

Summer - Sam Adams Summer Ale and Victory Golden Monkey
    Fall - Heineken and Victory Lager
    Winter - Victory Lager and Sam Adams Boston Lager
    Spring - Harp and Stella Artois

When I'm feeling rich, everything kind of changes... Locally, I'll hit up Iron Hill and try some of their fantastic beer brewed on the premises. Their Belgian Trippel is by far my favorite beer available locally. Other stuff includes;

Delirium Tremens
    Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA
    Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA
    Victory Old Horizontal

My local favorite hangout has Yuengling on tap... it's all I drink when I'm there at $2.50 each, and $1 on Tuesday nights. Tastes way, way better from a tap than a bottle... can't even drink Yuengling outta the bottle unless I'm kinda wrecked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink Monkey View Post
    I'm also a connoisseur of nut butter

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    I think it was the Traditional Lager

Fear is the mind killer

Anything Stone Brewery makes is good, but I got bored of them after 6-7 months and they are everywhere in S.D.

I love Firestone's Double Barrel Ale....my grocery store sells a 12 pack for $12.99...too good of a deal to pass up. Firestone Walker is a small brewery in Paso Robles, Ca...very underrated beer.

Yup, huge fan of Left Coast's Green Flash...BPP recommended it to me about a year ago...but it's hard to find it on tap in San Diego..which is weird...or just must be the places I am frequenting...last Friday night it was on tap at a bar...and I drank 2 pitchers of it...excellent stuff...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    I am a long time SN Pale Ale drinker...would I like Torpedo? What is the difference between Pale Ale and Torpedo? Only seen it in stores so far...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Dogfish is okay for me...I'd drink it, but not in LOVE with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle View Post
    You guys who like Arrogant Bastard should really try Ruination if you haven't already. Much better IMO. Of course, one sixer runs about $17.
    Ruination is the only Stone beer I am not bored of, but it is $$$$....hard to opt for their sixer when I can get a Firestone 12 pack for $12.99 then toss in a big bottle of Bastard or Ruination for about the same price...

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle View Post
    You guys who like Arrogant Bastard should really try Ruination if you haven't already. Much better IMO. Of course, one sixer runs about $17.
    Ruination is very good. I was at the brewery for the unveiling of it a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaPump View Post
    You have some of the best beers being made in the world in SD.

You ever try Green Flash stuff?
    Their Hop Head Red Ale is the only one I've had so far. I enjoyed it but kind of forgot about it, so I haven't tried any others of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Anything Stone Brewery makes is good, but I got bored of them after 6-7 months and they are everywhere in S.D.

I love Firestone's Double Barrel Ale....my grocery store sells a 12 pack for $12.99...too good of a deal to pass up. Firestone Walker is a small brewery in Paso Robles, Ca...very underrated beer.

Yup, huge fan of Left Coast's Green Flash...BPP recommended it to me about a year ago...but it's hard to find it on tap in San Diego..which is weird...or just must be the places I am frequenting...last Friday night it was on tap at a bar...and I drank 2 pitchers of it...excellent stuff...
    I like Double Barrel, too. Have you tried anything from San Fran's Speak Easy Brewing Co.? Tasty but can be pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    I think it might have been one of these:

I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast