Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I think we will self-police this pretty well. Perhaps some people will step over the line at first but generally I think the vast majority of us respect the place enough not to do something really inappropriate.
    It isn't the normal posters that I am most concerned about (though there are a couple guys that probably will go over the line), it is the amount of bots that have been on here. If a p*rn bot gets on here when it is possible to post vids and images, watch out.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    It isn't the normal posters that I am most concerned about (though there are a couple guys that probably will go over the line), it is the amount of bots that have been on here. If a p*rn bot gets on here when it is possible to post vids and images, watch out.
    Well that is a different problem. Although bots usually are more interested in people clicking through than simply posting pictures or vids. And you can only post YouTube vids.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

urifoox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    We have made many enhancements to secure against bots registering on the board; this was also part of the reason to upgrade. That is to say, a bot could still potentially register but I think it will be at a much reduced frequency than in the past. Also, if bots do join, do they really post images? I thought it was just garbage text to get people to go to sites.

urifoox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    I thought it was disgusting, but I didnt think it was against any rules.
    Disgusting material in nature is typically crossing the line between what's acceptable and what's not in a general interest forum I would imagine. The image also served no purpose other than to shock people and go "gross". I think we can all agree that material like that has no purpose on a forum such as this. There are many other places on the internet you can go get your fix for that type of material.

Quote Originally Posted by urifoox View Post
    Disgusting material in nature is typically crossing the line between what's acceptable and what's not in a general interest forum I would imagine. The image also served no purpose other than to shock people and go "gross". I think we can all agree that material like that has no purpose on a forum such as this. There are many other places on the internet you can go get your fix for that type of material.
    lol, Ill have to take your word at it!

So a love log in the crapper is too disgusting to display, but its cool to show people electrocuting themselves and exploding heads, eh. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    So a love log in the crapper is too disgusting to display, but its cool to show people electrocuting themselves and exploding heads, eh. Interesting.
    I was kinda wondering the same thing Breed, thought I was the only one, but for me it wont matter as I don't know where any of that stuff is found anyway, so little chance Ill be posting it.

It's electric...Boogie woogie woogie woogie...

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    I was kinda wondering the same thing Breed, thought I was the only one, but for me it wont matter as I don't know where any of that stuff is found anyway, so little chance Ill be posting it.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you are, WCF. I have very little interest in showing or seeing some of the things displayed in this thread. I don't have a problem with anyone who does though. If I feel things are getting too outta hand. I'll simply disable the feature that allows pics, gifs and vids to be shown. Win/win as I see it.

I promise I won't do it again

I guess I was testing the limits of what was acceptable here; no big deal to me. I do have to say, though, the electrocution thing was weird to watch. Why did dude ignite twice?

Last edited by cubsiah_clone; 09-02-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    I guess I was testing the limits of what was acceptable here; no big deal to me. I do have to say, though, the electrocution thing was weird to watch. Why did dude ignite twice?
    I can't call it. The only things I really know about electricity are that it charges things up. You don't wanna be the thing electricity is charging up. Dude definitely nailed that "yep, he's dead" fall to a tee though.

For SuperHawks and JoKeR:

Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast