Contract Renegotiation Rule

I think we need more discussion on it. Once we get are season started we will vote on it again, but we can discuss it now. Even I am confused. I believe the purpose was to say that if you renegotiate a player, whether you match or don't match, you will have to pay at least 20% of the contract as if it were on a 1.0 contract. So, if you don't match, you get a cap penalty of 20%. If you do match, it has to be at, at least 20% of the contract. Below is wording I thought I about using. Does this make sense?

When a player is renegotiated and no bids are made, the controlling owner must pay a penalty of 20% of the original contract amount on a 1.0 contract. In other words, the salary cannot go below 20% of the original amount for the controlling owner. This still allows owners to get out of bad contracts, but not for nothing. If the highest bid is less than 20% of the original contract and the controlling owner wants to match, he will be matching at the 20% mark. If he does not match, the player will go to the highest bidder, for the highest bid amount. If an owner does not match on a CR player, he will still pay a cap penalty of 20% of that players salary, however this allows that owner to not have to keep that player on their roster.

If this rule doesn't go into effect until 2011 anyway, we certainly can clarify it and vote if we need to.

I do think there should be a cost of getting out of a bad contract. Will post more later since technically I'm supposed to be working right now. LOL
    The Republicans are now controlling the House. Where are the jobs Mr. Boehner? Thanks Keith! And while we're at it, how come the economy isn't fixed yet? LMAO