Information regarding 2010 slow draft

Sorry, should have consolidated some of this before:

I had a number of 'complaints' (but not really, just what a bummer it was) about the lack of trading during the draft. For some, it really took some of the fun out, and made the time in between picks drag even more.

So, I think trading during the draft will be allowed until it is shown to definitely be slowing down the draft. Basically, deals contingent upon a certain player being there should be avoided at all costs. If those are avoided, then there is plenty of time available to get trades completed. Once it is your turn to pick, that pick can no longer be traded. This is to prevent too much unnecessary delays when picks are up, and will ensure the draft keeps moving.

If trading during the draft proves to possibly be a hindrance, we'll have to scrap it again, but this league is supposed to fun afterall, so I figure let's give it a go!

so, to consolidate:
    > draft pick time window is 12 hours
    > draft NEVER stops, so be careful if your pick is coming up near nightfall
    > trading is allowed during the draft (as of 7/19/10, subject to change)
    > trading of draft picks can only be done BEFORE the pick is up
    > Proxies can be sent to myself or B-MAN11
    > missed draft picks are made by myself or B-MAN11 and are based strictly off yahoo ppr rankings (note- these prolly don't reflect 3 wr's or 14 teams...its just an overall ranking.)
    Last edited by WindyCityFlyer; 07-19-2010 at 05:14 PM.

I have no problem with this idea. The only thing I would say is that once it is your pick you can NO longer trade that pick. The only reason for that is that a you could wait for 10 hours just to see if a trade will go through and then if it does NOT you wasted that much time. Other than that go for it.

If this is going to go through I'm willing to trade my 1st rd pick if someone would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MAN11 View Post
    I have no problem with this idea. The only thing I would say is that once it is your pick you can NO longer trade that pick. The only reason for that is that a you could wait for 10 hours just to see if a trade will go through and then if it does NOT you wasted that much time. Other than that go for it.
    Yep this is completely fair imo.

Yea, it would be nice to be able to see who is there before you trade away or trade for a pick, but I just KNOW it is stuff like that that really could bog this thing down. There really should be plenty of time to get a trade done before your pick comes up, in theory with the draft moving slow.

If WCF or I have to make a pick using yahoo we will take a player at a position that you need though. If you already have a qb even if the top rated player is a qb we will take the next best player like we did last year.

Yea, like B-MAN said, we'll make a logical choice and try to fill out the starting roster first, but we're not gonna think too hard. The choice should be evident.