Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelator View Post
    IMO, an innocent person does not state that she was in the house during the murder and try to frame a local bartender, Patrick Lumumba, who was at his bar at the time of the murder and had a rock solid aliby.

Yea, I actually think this is a case where a court system based on true judgment and not technicality succeeded. How she has handled herself since this started sure made her look guilty of something to me.

48 Hours is doing a piece on the case tonight at 10pm pst. You ECers are already past that, but since I haven't a clue what the case is about I'm gonna check it here on the westside.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    What happens to her now?
    26 years in an Italian prison.

Funky ass case all the way around.

Really weird sh*t.

Her and her b/f smooching and hugging immediately after the discovery of the dead woman. Amanda with the weird almost defiant "yeah I could be a cold ass murderous bitch" look and the b/f with the weird constant rubbing of her arm.

Amanda somersaults and splits at the police station before being questioned while the dead girl's friends were there and in mourning.

Saying w/o doubt the older black man was the killer who turned out to have an airtight alibi during the time of the murder.

The young black dude who got 30 years (even though he wasn't the actual killer according to the Italian DA) saying Amanda and her b/f were the killers......after saying he was there during the killing (cuz he had been invited and had consentual sex with the victim) but didn't see the actual murderer and Amanda and her b/f weren't there at that time.

The supposed w/o a doubt murder weapon (your average kitchen knife) That the blade of didn't fit the outlines of what appeared to be two different outlines of knife blades taken from a sheet with blood splattering where the murder occured.

The completely imcompetent processing and handling of supposed key DNA evidence (the bra clasp) That made the LAPD seem absolutely top notch in their handling of DNA evidence in the OJ/Nicole/Goldman case.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

For someone who has followed the story on the 'net ( interested, but not aware or everything ) I am convinced Knox was guilty .......

There are the well-published items that certainly make Knox appear guilty ~ the fact that she said she was with her boyfriend at his apartment, then changing her story admitting that she was at the murder scene, even going so far to say that she had to hold her ears to cover the Miss Kercher's screams and implicating her ( Knox's ) boss ...

The is Knox's bizarre behavior at the police station when she "supposedly" found out that her friend had been brutally murdered ~ Knox was seen performing handstands and cartwheels ....

and this from 2 witnesses at the police station the day of the discovery:

Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, both on trial for the murder, had "kissed and joked" at Perugia's police station, said Robyn Butterworth, 23. "There was laughter. She stuck her tongue out at Raffaele. They moved their chairs. She put her feet up on him, they were kissing and cuddling."

A second witness, Amy Frost, thought Knox had "gone crazy," as she waited with Sollecito and the English students to be interviewed by the police.

Both defendants deny the charges. Knox told investigators she returned from a night at Sollecito's flat in Perugia on 2 November 2007 to find Kercher's bedroom door locked and bloodstains in the bathroom, where she took a shower.

Knox did not enter Kercher's bedroom when the door was finally opened in the presence of the police, but Butterworth said that when a second British friend, Natalie Hayward, commented at the police station that she hoped Kercher had not suffered, Knox replied: "What do you think? She fu@king bled to death."

Taking the stand, Hayward said Knox explained she had been given a description of Kercher's corpse by Filomena Romanelli, who shared the Perugia house with Kercher and Knox. But then, speaking to her stepfather on the phone, "Knox said 'I found her in the cupboard and she was covered in a blanket,' which confused us," recalled Hayward

And while not an implication of guilt, I was disgusted with Knox's family ~ her sister showing up to court on July 4th wearing red, white and blue hot pants, her mother and sisters posing for a Italian fashion magazine outside the murder scene ~ all disrespectful and tasteless ...

Then there is the story that Knox had written, published on her MySpace page involving drugging a girl, raping her, and her death at the hands of another girl ....

Some interesting photos and info here:

lucas thinks she's
    guilty

I have not followed this case. If she is guilty her rotting has only just begun. If she is not I wouldn't want to be somebody involved in her prosecution.
    Gang Way!

I found this to be quite interesting:

I’ve been following the news that continues to surface in the trial’s aftermath with more than the usual dose of morbid fascination. There is something compelling about its incongruous pieces, but there is one particular thing that haunts me: while in prison awaiting trial, Knox was told she was HIV positive and asked to give a list of names of her sexual partners. This list of seven men was then used as evidence against her in court, evidence that she was wild and uncouth and slutty. Evidence that she was unconscionably manipulative, a man-eater who sleeps around and is incapable of understanding remorse. This kind of slut shaming would never stand in an American court, but in Italy it worked: the narrative the press had run with about her coquettish behavior seemed to be confirmed by this “long” list of sexual partners. And of course, as it turns out, she was never HIV positive.
    http://nyulocal.com/national/2009/12...ly-a-murderer/

Furthermore, I'm convinced part of the reason she was convicted is because she was a free-spirited, attractive American.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnew...-american.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cory J. Bonini View Post
    I found this to be quite interesting:

http://nyulocal.com/national/2009/12...ly-a-murderer/

Furthermore, I'm convinced part of the reason she was convicted is because she was a free-spirited, attractive American.

This one is mildly interesting, too.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnew...-american.html
    Wait, what? Assassinating a woman's character would never work in an AMERICAN court, but would in a EUROPEAN court?

Heh.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

And can we quit with the 'she's beautiful, so she can't be evil' nonsense.

This guy http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/bernardo_paul_cp_55958.jpg still gets letters and panties sent to him in jail - he raped, tortured and dismembered two girls.

Ted Bundy wasn't ugly.

Murderers aren't provided by central casting.

--

Maybe she IS innocent, but it has zip to do whether she's shaggable or not.

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

[QUOTE=lucas707;4846567]
    The is Knox's bizarre behavior at the police station when she "supposedly" found out that her friend had been brutally murdered ~ Knox was seen performing handstands and cartwheels ....

and this from 2 witnesses at the police station the day of the discovery:

[I]Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, both on trial for the murder, had "kissed and joked" at Perugia's police station, said Robyn Butterworth, 23. "There was laughter. She stuck her tongue out at Raffaele. They moved their chairs. She put her feet up on him, they were kissing and cuddling."

A second witness, Amy Frost, thought Knox had "gone crazy," as she waited with Sollecito and the English students to be interviewed by the police.
    Being a weirdo doesn't make you a killer....

Knox did not enter Kercher's bedroom when the door was finally opened in the presence of the police, but Butterworth said that when a second British friend, Natalie Hayward, commented at the police station that she hoped Kercher had not suffered, Knox replied: "What do you think? She fu@king bled to death."
    Circumstantial.

Taking the stand, Hayward said Knox explained she had been given a description of Kercher's corpse by Filomena Romanelli, who shared the Perugia house with Kercher and Knox. But then, speaking to her stepfather on the phone, "Knox said 'I found her in the cupboard and she was covered in a blanket,' which confused us," recalled Hayward
    Circumstantial.

And while not an implication of guilt, I was disgusted with Knox's family ~ her sister showing up to court on July 4th wearing red, white and blue hot pants, her mother and sisters posing for a Italian fashion magazine outside the murder scene ~ all disrespectful and tasteless ...
    Sounds like the whole family is weird. haha

Then there is the story that Knox had written, published on her MySpace page involving drugging a girl, raping her, and her death at the hands of another girl ....
    It's MySpace ... do you have any idea how often people have their accounts hacked? How often impostors create fake accounts?

All I want is to see tangible, fact-based evidence convict people.

Being a weirdo doesn't make you a killer....
    Absolutely. And being cute doesn't make you innocent.

--

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Wait, what? Assassinating a woman's character would never work in an AMERICAN court, but would in a EUROPEAN court?

Heh.
    I never said it doesn't happen. That's what the author wrote. You have to admit the fake HIV thing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Absolutely. And being cute doesn't make you innocent.
    Who said she was innocent because she is cute?

Who said she was innocent because she is cute?
    Here's what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory

--

You have to admit the fake HIV thing is ridiculous.
    Yeah, that does raise alarm bells.

--

Furthermore, I'm convinced part of the reason she was convicted is because she was a free-spirited, attractive American.[/url]

Why do you think Amanda claimed she was inside the house while Patrick murdered Meridith when it was later proven that Patrick was working in his bar that night? Simply put, why did she try to frame an innocent man?

If they convicted Amanda because she was "a free-spirited, attractive American", why then would they convict Raffaele, who was from an affluent Italian family?

How about the cartwheels by Amanda at the police station just after she found out her roommate had been murdered.

After Patrick was found to have an alibi she changed her story, her new alibi became that they were at Raffaele's house watching movies on the laptop. That proved to be false after the computer was forensically investigated.

Not to mention the dark short stories dealing with rape and murder that Amanda had written prior to the murder. She is as guilty as sin, and is has nothing to do with her looks or nationality, IMO.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast