Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Gas Can spout design...WTF!

I just had to replace my old gas cans with the yellow plastic nozzle with a simple plastic tab at the end. They had a similar tab on the back of the can to allow air air to enter the can as you pour so you don't get large splashes.

Well the new "beauty" that I just bought is all sealed except for the black nozzle. The nozzle itself has this retarded design marketed "to not spill as you pour." Basically you turn the can upside down, stick the nozzle into the tank you want to fill, and push down on the can so it opens the spring loaded valve in the nozzle itself.

I can say with certainty, that I have never spilled so much gas in my life as I have in the last week using this piece of crap. When you initially push down the gas splashes all over. When the tank fills you can't see it because the nozzle is in the way and you get gas spilling all over. trying to hold open the valve and just pour the gas usually yields about a 1/4 ending up all over the outside of the tank and my hands.

The kicker was a guy ran out of gas outside my house. I drove him to the gas station and he bought one of these gas cans, filled it up and tried pouring it into his car. The nozzle wouldn't fit into his car and he maybe got 2.5 gallons out of the 5 to pout into his car tank.

If anyone out there still has access to the old style gas cans with the simple pour spout with an air valve on the back (probably only "red staters" I'd imagine), please PM me and I will send you cash to get my hands on a gas can that won't kill mine and my customers grass.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

I have one of those for my lawn mower. It really is a bitch.
    I stopped using the spout, and just poured staight from the mouth.

That doesn't help if you want to fill up a car of course. But for my mower, I stopped spilling gas.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Just do what I do - drive your mower to the gas station.

Sometimes rednecking it is the ****.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Funny you wrote this. Just yesterday we stopped to help out a guy on a motorcycle who had run out of gas. We took him to the nearest station, about 10 minutes away, and the guy there didn't have a can but laoned him the one in his trunk. It was the same type, the poor guy had to hold down the release forever to fill up his motorcycle. He then felt like he couldn't shake my hand because it was all over his hands.

Dumb dumb design.

I'm this ][ close to drilling out the nozzle and poking an air valve into the back of the can so it'll pour properly.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Guess whose idea the crappy design was. Anyone? Anyone?

Yup. The government's. Environmentalists. They know best, right?

Stock up on your incandescent bulbs made in America now, too... Because the gummint is phasing them out with Chinese-made bulbs laced with mercury.

Yes, it is quite helpful to have a gas can that you can't use to fill your car.

When Ike hit, we were without power for 12 days. I had to use these pieces of garbage to refill my generator about 3-4 times a day for 12 days. God only knows how much $4/gallon gas I spilled doing that. I have about six of these cans, loading up pre-hurricane. Only 2 of the spouts actually worked as designed (as crappy as that design is) without leaking all over where the spout screws onto the can.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherMike View Post

Stock up on your incandescent bulbs made in America now, too... Because the gummint is phasing them out with Chinese-made bulbs laced with mercury.
    And here i thought it was your mom.

No, his mom is an expert on a different kind of gas.
    “Since Jesus preached that a ‘spiritual kingdom’ focuses on the world beyond……a true Christian makes a bad citizen. Christians do not care about improving temporal society because they are interested only in a future one.”—Hector Avalos, Fighting Words: The Origins of Religious Violence

I think my neighbor was using one of those new gas cans the other day. In case you missed it:

http://forums.kffl.com/showthread.php?t=251281

I'll ditto the "these gas can suck" posts. It takes twice as long to pour gas now. The thing can't be used to put gas in a car?? Which genius came up with that idea?

Not only does it pour slower than the old cans, the tip of the safety sleeve puts so much pressure on whatever you're putting the gas into. I'm worried that it's bending the lip of the plastic gas tank on my mowers and my other gas cans (the good old ones).

Either cut the safety sleeve off/out and put in an extra air hole or just take the nozzle off and pour it directly into a funnel. One of the all-time dumbest "improvements."

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherMike View Post

woooooooooooooooooow
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

http://www.google.com/products?q=gas...ign+enviro-flo

Check these out. They look like they work better. They don't have the tab for releasing gas. Instead they use a handle trigger to release gasoline.

Looks like it not only works with cars, but just simply works better.

Is this the Obama approved gas can?

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    http://www.google.com/products?q=gas...ign+enviro-flo

Check these out. They look like they work better. They don't have the tab for releasing gas. Instead they use a handle trigger to release gasoline.

Looks like it not only works with cars, but just simply works better.
    And like all your stinking environmental crap, it costs 89 times as much as it should.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast