Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gaslampball.com (padres blog) states that there is a rumor of Adrian going to Boston. I cant imagine he gets dealt but I guess it makes for a good read in the dog days of summer
    XBL Tag: Hook the Jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    gaslampball.com (padres blog) states that there is a rumor of Adrian going to Boston. I cant imagine he gets dealt but I guess it makes for a good read in the dog days of summer
    If you can build a rotation around Peavy, CY, Gaudin, Buchholz (assuming he's involved) and Gallagher, you have a championship rotation.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

well i guess part of the rumor was true. Boston wanted a 1B but just not Adrian. They got Pirate, Adam LaRoche

Prolly just not for that price. They gave up little to get laroche and they'll get a comp pick this winter for him. Adding another prospect to replace one they trade for Adrian. ;)
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I just cant imagine them trading Adrian even when his time comes up in a few yrs to grab some big bucks I still feel that by that time Moorad will have his claws in the team even more and will make the decision to pay Adrian the 18 million per. I think then the payroll will be around the 70 million mark and although thats a huge chunk for one player he is worth it for many reasons. Mexican fans, local kid, gives us another possible H of F'er to have as our own, and he's only 27. Heath Bell, whom I love, I think will be traded before this deadline. We have a real nice weapon sittin in AA, Evan Scribner who we got for Tony Clark that the FO is fond of. Let us stick a band-aid on the Closer role and wait for Scribs. We wont win many games anyways this yr or next

Bell ain't gettin' traded.

Sean Gallagher is not a SD Padre. I just heard a interview with Towers on Wednesday and its still not official. He will decide in the next 10 days between 2 guys, one who is in the minors and one who sounds like is on the DL. He favored the DL guy. Why he is waiting? Who knows. Probably want to get a physical after the DL stint is over.

Gonzo and everybody else will be evaluated this offseason, per the interview. So Adrian is tradeable

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Sean Gallagher is not a SD Padre. I just heard a interview with Towers on Wednesday and its still not official. He will decide in the next 10 days between 2 guys, one who is in the minors and one who sounds like is on the DL. He favored the DL guy. Why he is waiting? Who knows. Probably want to get a physical after the DL stint is over.

Gonzo and everybody else will be evaluated this offseason, per the interview. So Adrian is tradeable
    Well now he is.

any word on if he'll be in the rotation next year?

- Ghandi

For some reason, as of now, they arent talking about him being in the rotation although if there's an open spot come spring training he will comptete with about 3/4 others.

Overall it seems that Chris Young, Corriea, Latos and Clayton Richard have the 4 spots and there's talk of them looking for a veteran starter to finish it out but even if they stay with what they have Gallagher will have to fight for that final spot with Wade LeBlanc who finshed really well, Tim Stauffer finished well also, Aaron Poreda the key piece of the Peavy deal, and Ed Mujica who started a few but is probably better suited for long relief. So Gallie has his work cut out for him.

seems silly IMO.

That's the guy you want in your rotation.

are they even keeping Correia?

- Ghandi

Well...not a bad start....I don't expect it to hold up, but I think the Padres are starting to get some respect.

The pitching is actually really solid from top to bottom and the Padres once again have an excellent bullpen to close out games. The big surprise has been LeBlanc who all of a sudden looks like a very solid starter. Correia has also found a home in the middle of the Padres rotation and is thriving. Clayton Richard looks legit. Garland is nice and steady. When CY comes back, it will be interesting to see how they juggle the rotation. Latos is the guy with the most upside but he's also very unpredictable.

As far as the hitting, I'm not sure if they can trade Adrian at this point. Headley is off to a great start but they need Blanks to get into gear to provide some more pop in the middle of the order.

Overall they are a pretty scrappy bunch and Buddy Black has them competing and playing well. Giants have too many horses in the rotation to keep them out of first place for too long...but the Padres may linger in the hunt for a while as they continue to get more confident.
    RIP Junior Seau San Diego Chargers Legend

OK...Nearing the end of June...Still in first place...15 games over .500. This is a key time for the new Padres management. Either they are going to bring in a difference maker at the trade deadline....or they go dumpster diving for some depth.

Suprisingly, it's sounding like the Padres are looking for more starting pitching. If they are going to do that, I would hope that they try to bring in a top of the rotation type of guy. They obviously need hitting, but I think they are banking that some of the younger guys like Venable and Blanks will start hitting again like they did last year....Looks like Venable has already started turning things around.

The Padres are mostly being carried by their outstanding bullpen and very solid starting pitching. They can't expect them to be this lights out for the whole year. They are going to need the offense to step it up.

It's doubtul that they are going to be in the running for mega high priced guys like Cliff Lee or Roy Oswalt.....I'm kind of hoping they can work a deal with the Astros for Carlos Lee in which the 'stros absorb a few mill of his contract. He may not be what he was, but I think his swing suits well to the short porch in left in Petco...and if he regains some form in new surroundings, he'd be a good compliment behind Gonzo. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Knowing this city, if the management shows committment and gets some help for the stretch run...The fans will stop waiting for the inevitable collapse and start having confidence that the team is in it compete this year...Fan support will probably double what it was early in the year.
    RIP Junior Seau San Diego Chargers Legend

Yeah they certainly are doing the right thing in searching for a SP. It says a lot about CY and his ability to heal. I hope we see him pitch again even if its in 2011. I think a lot more SP's will become available as the deadline approaches but we really need a bat for LF. I'll take Gwynn as long as he continues to play that stellar D in CF. Venable is getting hot plus. We have denorfia & cunningham but neither has done anything spectacular but i think cunningham could use more AB's. Your right, Adrian needs some protection as we get into the stretch run. Headley needs to pretend he's back in spring training and start crushing the ball!! He hasnt been an upgrade over Kouz. Heard names of DeJesus from KC and BJ Upton in the past but those were posted on mlbtraderumors.com so take it for what its worth

do you guys go to gaslampball.com

its a great padres site that updates constantly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast