Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    There's also talk of a sign and trade with AZ for Juan Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    There's also talk of a sign and trade with AZ for Juan Cruz.
    I kind of doubt the Twins go down that road. I think they filled their bullpen as much as they are going to when they added Ayala. (Unfortunetly).

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I kind of doubt the Twins go down that road. I think they filled their bullpen as much as they are going to when they added Ayala. (Unfortunetly).
    From all indications, the Twins are VERY interested in a sign & trade but it depends on whether they change the rule and how much he will cost. I can't see them giving up too much but maybe a guy like Humber and another mid level prospect? Anything more than that and you might as well just give up the 1st.

Ayala can be cut for next to nothing up to 16 days before the start of the season. Its basically just a cheap look at the guy to see if he can bring something to the table. Rick Anderson was talking about him yesterday saying that he really likes his sinking fastball and that he could be used to get ground ball outs out of the pen.

Anyone who has watched the last 3 years of Twin's baseball should know what is going to happen already at SS with Punto. He will struggle to start the season, he will be one of the worst offensive players in all of baseball, Gardie will stick with him like a moron all the way through July even though he is hurting the team, and then he'll finally make a move. Then when Punto is finally back to the position he really should be at (on the bench in a utility role) he will start to play better where upon Gardie will once again try to run him out there as an everyday player (which he is not).
    Those are my thoughts as well. Punto has proven himself to be a good utility player, and he has proven himself to be a bad (at times historically bad) every day starter. But he is a Gardy favorite, so he gets a long leash and many, many chances to be a full time starter...which he just isn't qualified to be.

My biggest concern heading into the season right now is that Casilla, Span, and Gomez all suffer big sophmore slumps (Casilla and Span especially) and we struggle getting runners on for Mauer and Morneau.
    That is my biggest concern as well.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    From all indications, the Twins are VERY interested in a sign & trade but it depends on whether they change the rule and how much he will cost. I can't see them giving up too much but maybe a guy like Humber and another mid level prospect? Anything more than that and you might as well just give up the 1st.

Ayala can be cut for next to nothing up to 16 days before the start of the season. Its basically just a cheap look at the guy to see if he can bring something to the table. Rick Anderson was talking about him yesterday saying that he really likes his sinking fastball and that he could be used to get ground ball outs out of the pen.
    Again, since he's out of options and they don't want to start him (not to mention AZ desperately could use him), Boof Bonser for Cruz would seem to make some sense.

Again, since he's out of options and they don't want to start him (not to mention AZ desperately could use him), Boof Bonser for Cruz would seem to make some sense.
    Boof has virtually no value at this point and Cruz would certainly require more than Barf.

BP finally came out with their Twins rankings:

5-Stars:
    1. Ben Revere CF
    2. Aaron Hicks CF

3-Stars:
    3. Danny Valencia 3B
    4. Angel Morales CF
    5. Wilson Ramos C
    6. Shooter Hunt RHP
    7. Kevin Mulvey RHP
    8. David Bromberg RHP
    9. Carlos Gutierrez RHP

2-Stars:
    10. Deolis Guerra RHP
    11. Jeff Manship RHP

Named Chris Parmalee as a sleeper in the system.

Basically its the top-2 and everyone else.

Ramos, Bromberg and Hunt are the only 3 there that really intrigue me at this point.

Guerra's kinda sad since he was the key to the Johan deal.

what an awful deal that is.

Guerra's kinda sad since he was the key to the Johan deal.
    Huhhh? :confused:

Carlos Gomez says hi.

I'm actually OK with the Santana deal. Yeah, its not what we all thought we could get for him, but I'd rather be paying Gomez's salary the next 6 years than Santana's. That defense is just tremendous. If he can get his bat to even an average level, he'll be worth a ton.

Maybe its nothing but Santana's drop in his K-rate was a little bit of a red flag too.

They weren't too harsh on Guerra either. Saying yes everything took a step back and he was bad last year, but he's still extremely young and there is time on the Twins' side. Basically his upside is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mafia View Post
    I'm actually OK with the Santana deal. Yeah, its not what we all thought we could get for him, but I'd rather be paying Gomez's salary the next 6 years than Santana's. That defense is just tremendous. If he can get his bat to even an average level, he'll be worth a ton.

Maybe its nothing but Santana's drop in his K-rate was a little bit of a red flag too.

They weren't too harsh on Guerra either. Saying yes everything took a step back and he was bad last year, but he's still extremely young and there is time on the Twins' side. Basically his upside is still the same.
    Agreed,

and we saved some coin to Ink Punto to a 2 year deal to boot. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mafia View Post

Considering the VASTLY superior offers the Twins turned down, I'd call it nothing short of a disaster.

Considering the VASTLY superior offers the Twins turned down, I'd call it nothing short of a disaster.
    Spoken like a true Red Sox fan. :)

Does anyone anticipate Span getting 500+ AB's this season? This is absolutely crucial for my fantasy purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    Does anyone anticipate Span getting 500+ AB's this season? This is absolutely crucial for my fantasy purposes.
    I wouldn't count on it. I expect Span to spend most of the season going back-and-forth between the show and AAA. Not a good bet for your Fantasy club.

Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast