Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    The way he goes about his business on the mound, he reminds me a lot of Kevin Tapani from the early to mid '90's. Blackburn has a better sinker, Tapani the better breaking stuff. But both are in total control out there, and really don't get rattled...just my 2 cents.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Great win by Blacky today. He has been our best pitcher this season without question.

Cuddyer looks like he's fought through the finger injury and we look pretty solid heading into the weekend (mainly because Liriano isn't pitching this weekend). The Asstros don't look particularily formidable and it would be nice to get a sweep over Fat Elvis and the douchebag crew, then it's onto Milwaukee.

I just read the funniest thing ever.

With a few hits, Punto's average will be within 200 points of Mauer's.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I just read the funniest thing ever.

With a few hits, Punto's average will be within 200 points of Mauer's.
    Punto has really shortened his swing since coming back from the DL.

Since his return he is doing his best Mauer impression by batting .421 since his return.

Unfortunately we all know this probably won't last.

Hey Ducky, looks like the Twins are really doing their homework on this Sano kid.

Quote Originally Posted by MLBTradeRumors
    ESPN.com's Jorge Arangure Jr. reports that MLB investigators are looking into Miguel Angel Sano's age after the Twins requested more detail on the top Dominican prospect's background. Sano says he's 16, but some believe he's older because of his physique. The investigation will include a DNA test and could prevent a quick signing when the international signing period begins on July 2nd. Any player caught lying about his age receives a one-year suspension from MLB.

Arangure reports that Sano's expected to sign with the Twins or Pirates as long as he's not suspended.
    So I said to him, "Look buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that." -Homer Simpson

Arangure reports that Sano's expected to sign with the Twins or Pirates as long as he's not suspended.
    :eek:

Hopefully the Twins do it because their orginizational infield depth leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Suspended a full season for lying about their age and they are going to run a DNA test??? A little excessive if you ask me.

I did see where this kid was pretty brash (the quote basically was go ahead and investigate because I am not lying) when it came to his age which leads me to believe he is telling the truth.

Must not be signing for a whole heck of a lot considering the Twins and the Pirates are the two teams that are interested.

The chances of him being 16 are about .00001%. Regardless, it would probably be a good signing.

I believe Guerrero and Tejada lied about their ages and it didn't really matter.

It sounds like the kid may have even assumed the identify of his dead brother. :eek: Yech, I guess when you are poor you will do anything for a payday.

It sounds like the Pirates of all teams are going to win with up to a $4M bid. This is why baseball is stupid. These kids should be going through the draft and be slotted appropriately.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...nos-value.html
    Last edited by PsychoViking; 06-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Why isn't this team interested in Pedro? I know he probably wants some cash and isn't what he used to be, but I'd take him any day over trash like Ayala.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Why isn't this team interested in Pedro? I know he probably wants some cash and isn't what he used to be, but I'd take him any day over trash like Ayala.
    Pedro ain't signing to be an RP. He would be a nice starting option for you if Liriano doesn't work out though, if they'll pay.

Like Nast said, he isn't coming back to be a reliever....and IMO he will not come even CLOSE to being worth the type of money he will demand to pitch as a starter. Save that couple of million and use it next year on someone.

Delmon has 4 extra base hits this year????? Four?????? I've seen two and they were both weakly hit down the right field line. He is a broken hitter. Why he gets ANY time over Gomez is a huge indictment on Gardy. Just awful.

I haven't had a chance to come on here very often. Have yall had a chance to discuss the f^ckery that is Harris at SS and Punto at 2B?

What do Twins' fans think the odds are of the Twins pulling the trigger on a trade for some BP and MIF help? Can they afford to take any salary on, even if its a few mil? I don't know who they'd target though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mafia View Post
    Delmon has 4 extra base hits this year????? Four?????? I've seen two and they were both weakly hit down the right field line. He is a broken hitter. Why he gets ANY time over Gomez is a huge indictment on Gardy. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mafia View Post
    I haven't had a chance to come on here very often. Have yall had a chance to discuss the f^ckery that is Harris at SS and Punto at 2B?
    Good to see you back BM. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the season.

And now that I see them I can say I whole-heartedly disagree with them. ;)

The Gomez vs Delmon argument is basically like the one between Viking QB's over the last couple years.....its not about whose the best....its about whose not going to make you sick to your stomache.

Gomez has just been so bad at hitting situationally and Young actually has been pretty decent in that area that I think it nullifies the defense of Gomez and gives the edge to Young.

But both right now as you said about Young are basically busted players. Whatever the Twins are doing to coach these two is pretty much the exact opposite of what they should have been doing or so it seems anyway. At this point though Young just has shown a little bit more potential for not making me sick that I would have had him in the line-up over Gomez most of the time too. (Although it might not matter come the end of July as I think the Twins are going to get rid of Young in a trade).

And as far as Harris and Punto...Harris likes to play SS and he plays the position reasonably well. IMO there has only been a handfull of plays in the last month that Harris hasn't made that Punto would have over there and there are some that he is making that Punto couldn't have IMO. Harris just looks so much more comfortable and natural at SS that I wouldn't have messed it with it either. We very well might have to make a switch later in the season but right now if it ain't broke don't fix it. Harris is batting well and playing good defense and Punto since coming off the DL has turned the clock back to 2006 by significantly altering his swing.

Honestly the way Punto is swinging the bat has me REALLY excited. He completely shortened his swing and IMO if he could keep that stroke and take that approach for the rest of the season he actually will be a fine on-base guy. How about this for a wild prediction (and probably stupid considering his history)....Punto will have a .370+ OBP for the rest of the season and will make all of us eat crow about the Twins resigning him. This new stroke just fits him. :eek:

Oh, please. Punto's recent success is 99.9% likely to end within the next week or two. Any time he plays everyday he sucks.

Dick Bremer made a really preposterous statement yesterday. He said the Twins now have two leadoff hitters, Punto and Harris/Span.

Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast