Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    No we don't... :confused:

You're.living.in.the.past. ;)
    I guess I was begging for that. :)

I remember Cowher's name being bandied around a bunch. Does Cowher want to come here?
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I remember Cowher's name being bandied around a bunch. Does Cowher want to come here?
    One could only wish. Unlikely, I imagine. I hear him being connected to Kansas City because of his relationships there...
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

My guess is that Cowher would want to run the whole show. I'm not sure we'd be willing to let that happen again. It's tough on a coach when he has the responsibility for the entire front office.

If we take him, I'd like to see him as a coach. I'm not sure I'd want him as a GM.

Fisher would be nice.
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

Right now, I still think Mora still deserves a chance. I don't envy the situation he's been given...it's crappy at best.

I remember that but I was also the one saying that he, along with Parcells would never coach here when Parcell's name was being thrown around...

We do know one guy that would come back as the GM imo and that's Holmgren... I think he would do a great job for us as the GM... He could bring Gruden in as his HC... Both West Coast guys in terms of coaching background.. Both have worked together before ...

In terms of finding a gm's/hc's that would come here, I think these two fall into tha category... This would be my wish list going into next season.. And do you think Holmgren would like nothing better than to run Ruskell outta town and turn this org around? I don't think they got a long here...
    Last edited by Anointed One; 11-03-2009 at 11:47 PM.

We do know one guy that would come back as the GM imo and that's Holmgren... I think he would do a great job for us as the GM... He could bring Gruden in as his HC... Both West Coast guys in terms of coaching background.. Both have worked together before ...

In terms of finding a gm's/hc's that would come here, I think these two fall into tha category... This would be my wish list going into next season.. And do you think Holmgren would like nothing better than to run Ruskell outta town and turn this org around? I don't think they got a long here...
    I've never been in pro sports in any capacity; other than doing my documentary on minor pro hockey. But I have been around sports from the broadcasting side - and there's one thing that both industries share. OUT OF CONTROL EGOS.

And that's not even the players, but the people in management - hell even front offices. I've met PR directors that thought they were God's gift to the universe.

I always wonder what the scuttlebutt is behind the scenes. Who backed whom? Who was on which side? The reason I wouldn't bet on Holmgren coming back, is that he was sent off into the sunset, and the franchise went with Ruskell and plan B.

With the egos involved, sometimes the twain shall never meet again.

It's kinda like some friends have asked me. If my ex ever called me up, asked for my forgiveness, would I take her back? My answer? I sure as hell hope not. Not if I've got any self respect.

Sometimes you just have to move on.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Sometimes you just have to move on.
    But isn't it obvious that I have a man crush on Holmgren? ;)

I remember that but I was also the one saying that he, along with Parcells would never coach here when Parcell's name was being thrown around...

Please say you are joking :D

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    Please say you are joking :D
    No way... They are a match made in heaven... ;)

No way... They are a match made in heaven... ;)
    I think we agreed to disagree on Holmgren back in 2003. Somethings will never change.

One QB knockdown today.

What is the famous Ruskell quote...."Build a front seven, have a great pass rush and everything else falls into place."

Well, I'm done with Ruskell. Bring in a proven Defensive person, not the assistant to a great GM.

ANYONE CAN DO BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Steve Kelley is on the Holmgren for GM bandwagon -

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._kelley24.html

I googled "fire Tim Ruskell" to find some other sensible Hawks fans and now I'm here. :)

I don't want Mike coaching here any more he's passed the age where that should still be on the table, and am willing to let Mora have a reasonable shot. Mike knows this team well and knows what is wrong and who needs to go. If Mora doesn't pan out Holmgren has many from his coaching tree who might be good candidates. I'd hope he 'd can Knapp who's unit isn't showing any consistent progress.

I'd like him to have a deal like that of Parcels here where he can be a GM and not a GM coach. Mike would only need to look closely at the film to know that it's the weakness of the interior OLine that is holding the team back.

The team needs a couple of nasty OLinemen who can actually block some Dline help a playmaker at RB
    If you're not mad as hell you're not paying attention.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast