Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

2008 Salary Cap commitments

Here are the 2008 cap commitments for all 32 teams, with the number of players currently under contract listed in parentheses.

This does not include leftover credits and charges from 2007 (include money pushed forward using the bogus incentive loophole), nor does it include the voiding of contracts or any tenders. (Any players whose contracts will void still are listed as under contract at their scheduled cap number.)

Tennessee (55) $79.27 million
    Cincinnati (55) $84.79 million
    San Francisco (54) $85.37 million
    Jacksonville (50) $86.23 million
    New Orleans (51) $89.02 million
    Buffalo (51) $89.39 million
    N.Y. Giants (54) $92.50 million
    Oakland (46) $92.75 million
    San Diego (47) $93.39 million
    Miami (55) $95.29 million
    Chicago (60) $95.95 million
    Houston (54) $96.44 million
    Tampa Bay (59) $97.16 million
    Detroit (57) $98.16 million
    N.Y. Jets (67) $98.74 million
    Kansas City (55) $99.24 million
    Pittsburgh (57) $99.37 million
    Cleveland (52) $99.44 million
    Philadelphia (59) $99.88 million
    Green Bay (50) $100.45 million
    Minnesota (56) $101.29 million
    Arizona (41) $101.51 million
    Dallas (56) $102.70 million
    Seattle (58) $103.13 million
    Denver (53) $107.71 million
    New England (43) $111.08 million
    Baltimore (45) $111.19 million
    Atlanta (60) $111.93 million
    St. Louis (52) $112.15 million
    Carolina (43) $116.94 million
    Indianapolis (63) $121.64 million
    Washington (60) $139.90 million
    Last edited by AdamJT13; 01-25-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Unbelievable, the Panthers have the second fewest players under contract in the league, yet still have the third highest payroll. We're so screwed..

Of course, the Pats are practically in the same situation as us interestingly enough.

Say what you will about Mike Nolan on gameday, but the 49ers are in GREAT cap shape. Holy crap.

They need to roll out some red carpet this offseason for skill positions and pass rushers.

Thumbs up Thank You Adam

Based soley off of Adam's superlative homework I see some teams primed for mega deal on March 1st.

The Titans will have room left for a top flight wideout after getting Albert Haynesworth's signature on a six year sixty mil type contract.

San Francisco (WR for mad Martz), Jacksonville (WR for Garrard) and Buffalo (WR opposite Lee Evans) will be looking for offensive help.

I see Cincinnati, New York (N) and New Orleans needing help primarily at LB and in need of upgrades at all defensive positions.

Naturally the FA market will heat up in the weeks following the SB when tendering deadlines and franchise/transition designations come due.
    Last edited by Vols44; 01-25-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vols44 View Post
    Based soley off of Adam's superlative homework I see some teams primed for mega deal on March 1st.

The Titans will have room left for a top flight wideout after getting Albert Haynesworth's signature on a six year sixty mil type contract.

San Francisco (WR for mad Martz), Jacksonville (WR for Garrard) and Buffalo (WR opposite Lee Evans) will be looking for offensive help.

I see Cincinnati, New York (N) and New Orleans needing help primarily at LB and in need of upgrades at asll defensive positions.

Naturally the FA market will heat up in the weeks following the SB when tendering deadlines and franchise/transition designations come due.
    Wait, the Giants need upgrades at ALL defensive positions? Some yes, but ALL? They must really suck.

I believe Vols44 said clearly that the Giants need help at "asll" defensive positions.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCoughlin View Post
    Wait, the Giants need upgrades at ALL defensive positions? Some yes, but ALL? They must really suck.
    Excluding Antonio Pierce, few posters can name a Giants starting linebacker. They can use upgrades at both DT positions and depth in the secondary.

Prepared to get back on subject.
    Last edited by Vols44; 01-25-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 49er Legacy View Post
    Say what you will about Mike Nolan on gameday, but the 49ers are in GREAT cap shape. Holy crap.

They need to roll out some red carpet this offseason for skill positions and pass rushers.
    Really easy to stay out of cap problems when you don't have any good players to resign. ;)

....and thank you for the quality info Adam. :)
    Last edited by ducky; 01-24-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DropTheHammer View Post
    Unbelievable, the Panthers have the second fewest players under contract in the league, yet still have the third highest payroll. We're so screwed..

Of course, the Pats are practically in the same situation as us interestingly enough.
    yeah, but the pats have 22 mill tied up in Stallworth, Colvin and Kelly Washington and pushed 5.5 mill of space into this years cap (however that will be eaten up in SB bonus if they win)

Adam........

Nice work as usual cobber.

Could you please post the details of Laron Landry's rookie contract and the contract extension signed by Chris Cooley?

Thanking you in advance.

PC

Quote Originally Posted by DropTheHammer View Post
    The Panthers are not in as bad of shape as the numbers indicate.
    There is about 8 mil that will carry over from last year due to LTBEs that where not achived.
    There will be 5 mil more freed up when Smith's roster bonus is prorated for the rest of his contract.
    Over 15 mil of that cap is due to Peppers and there is no way that deal will not get reworked.
    Cutting Carr will save 2 mil
    Cutting or reworking Morgan, Foster and Wahle, all of which will happen, will save another 16 to 18 mil

When adding all those things up it will add 30 to 40 mil to the Panthers cap space

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherfan Griz View Post
    There is about 8 mil that will carry over from last year due to LTBEs that where not achived.
    There will be 5 mil more freed up when Smith's roster bonus is prorated for the rest of his contract.
    Over 15 mil of that cap is due to Peppers and there is no way that deal will not get reworked.
    Cutting or reworking Morgan, Foster and Wahle, all of which will happen, will save another 16 to 18 mil

When adding all those things up it will add 30 to 40 mil to the Panthers cap space
    Yeah, I made that comment before I read Darin Gantt's article the other day which explained all of that. The only potential cap casualty I would keep around is Wahle, he's overpaid but I don't see anyone out there who would be that much more cost effective.

The big question though, what to do with Peppers? I think Hurney goes overboard sometimes restructuring contracts and because of that we're in this situation. Depending on how much cap room we actually have maybe the Panthers will eat that 15 million this season and slap the franchise tag on him in 2009, I kind of doubt that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherfan Griz View Post

Similar story with the Colts. After McFarland is cut, the Colts will be about 16 million under. We'll probably see some restructures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamJT13 View Post
    This does not include leftover credits and charges from 2007 (include money pushed forward using the bogus incentive loophole), nor does it include the voiding of contracts or any tenders. (Any players whose contracts will void still are listed as under contract at their scheduled cap number.)
    Adam, please correct me if I'm wrong but this will have a significant impact on the cap availability for many teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk Bounce View Post
    Adam, please correct me if I'm wrong but this will have a significant impact on the cap availability for many teams.
    It could, depending on how much they pushed forward. And some teams will have theirs reduced by quite a bit because of tenders for RFAs, EFAs and possibly franchise/transition players.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast