CFFL Rules as of 7/18/05

Created on 08/13/2004 2:46 PM
    Last updated 7/18/2005 2:13 PM

CFFL League Rules

1. The Draft - Auction Style

a. Live Draft:
    i. For the live draft each year, an owner along with a bid amount will nominate a player not currently on a CFFL Team roster. The minimum bid amount is 5; the maximum amount is determined by the remaining cap space for that owner (not to exceed 1000, except in Cap Bowl bonus years which will be 1025 for a Cap Bowl winner).
    ii. The order of the draft is determined randomly the first year. In successive years, the top finisher chooses his draft position. This continues through the owners until the 12th place team inherits the final drafting position. Owners may opt out of this process. Any owners not choosing their draft position will have one randomly assigned.
    iii. An owner may NOT skip his turn when nominating a player during the live draft. If an owner does skip his turn, his live draft is completed and he may no longer bid on any of the nominated players.
    iv. All raises/bids are in whole point increments.
    v. Bidding continues for a nominated player until approximately a total of 60 seconds passes with no raise of the bid amount. A call of “Once” will be made beginning at approximately 20 seconds, followed at approximately 15-second intervals by “Twice” and “Sold”.
    vi. Each owner has approximately 120 seconds to nominate a new player for bidding.
    vii. There will be a pause after each round as necessary to update the remaining cap numbers. Any errors in cap amounts must be addressed immediately. The commissioner and cap-man will determine the correct cap number in any discrepancies.
    viii. The commissioner and a poll of the owners will determine each years draft date.
    b. Message Board Draft:
    i. The draft will continue the following day on the CFFL message boards, hosted on KFFL.com.
    ii. An owner may nominate up to 5 players for bidding.
    iii. To nominate a player, an owner will create a post:
    1. The title of the post will contain at a minimum:
    a. Player last name
    b. Team abbreviation
    c. Player position
    2. The body of the post must contain the bid amount.
    3. The minimum bid is always 5
    iv. Each player will be bid upon until 24 hours have passed without the bid being raised.
    v. Preseason nominations will continue until the first game of the season. No new nominations will be allowed once the first game of the season starts. All auctions currently in progress will continue until a high bidder is determined.
    vi. No owner may bid on a player if that bid will put the owner over his/her cap amount.
    vii. Invalid bids will not reset the 24 hour bid clock.

2. Roster requirements and limits

a. Each owner must fill the 9 starting positions, and 3 bench positions ( 12 players) before the first game of the season.
    b. A roster may carry a maximum of 24 players at any time. An available slot for the player being bid upon must exist on the roster before the end of the auction. To clarify: you may bid on a player if you do not have a position, however you will forfeit that player to the next highest bidder if there is not an open position on your roster when that auction ends.
    c. The minimum rosters positions are:
    i. QB - 1 each
    ii. RB - 2 each
    iii. WR - 3 each
    iv. TE - 1 each
    v. K - 1 each
    vi. Def - 1 each

3. Free agents and Waiver wire

a. Waiver wire: This league does not use a waiver wire.
    b. Free agents:
    i. Free agency begins after all the games of week 3 of the regular NFL schedule have completed.
    ii. Any player not on a CFFL roster may be nominated for bidding.
    iii. The process for free agent bidding follows the same process as the Message board draft.
    iv. Free agency continues until the start of the first game of week 13 of the NFL.
    v. No new nominations may be made after the start of the first game of week 13.
    vi. Any auctions not completed by the start of the first game of week 13 will continue until a high bidder is determined.
    vii. No owner may bid on a player if that bid will put the owner over his/her cap.
    viii. Invalid bids will not reset the 24 hour clock.

4. Dropping players

a. Players may be dropped from a roster after all the games of week 3 of the regular NFL schedule have completed.
    b. The owner recoups half of the cap amount of the dropped player, rounded down (a.k.a. cap relief). For example:
    i. Team X drops Brett Favre. Original cap amount was 40. Team X gets cap relief of 20 for dropping Brett. (40 / 2 = 20)
    ii. Team Z drops Jerome Bettis. Original cap amount was 29. Team Z gets cap relief of 14 for dropping Jerome. (29 / 2 = 14.5 => rounded down to 14).
    c. Once an owner drops a player, that owner cannot pick that player back up for the remainder of the season.
    d. A dropped player is available for nomination. The starting bid is the difference between the cap relief and the original cap amount. For example:
    i. Brett Favre was dropped. Original Cap amount was 40. Cap relief was 20, so the starting bid amount is 20. (40 - 20 = 20)
    ii. Jerome Bettis was dropped. Original Cap amount was 29. Cap relief was 14, so the starting bid amount is 15. (29 - 14 = 15)
    e. To drop a player, an owner will create a post with:
    i. The title will have the player name (last name) and team abbreviation
    ii. The body of the post will have the original cap amount, cap relief and the new starting bid amount.

5. Trading players

a. Owners may trade players.
    b. The full cap amount goes with the player.
    c. Trades are open for review by the other owners.
    d. If an owner challenges a trade, the league will vote on the matter.
    e. A majority of the league must vote to stop the trade (6 of the 11 owners, commissioner is excluded).
    f. To execute a trade, one of the owners in question will create a post with:
    i. The title will indicate a trade and the team names involved.
    ii. The body of the post will indicate the players, the cap amounts for those players, and the revised cap totals as determined by the owners.
    iii. The cap-man will revise/confirm the revised cap totals.
    iv. If the trade would have put either owner above the cap, the trade will be invalidated and all involved players returned to their original rosters.
    v. Trading continues until the start of the first game of Week 13 of the NFL.
    vi. Trades must be posted on the boards before the start of the first game of week 13 of the NFL to be valid.
    vii. Trades must be confirmed on the boards or to the commish before the start of the first game of week 13 of the NFL to be valid.

6. Offensive Scoring

a. Passing
    i. 4 pts per 1 passing Touchdown (PaTD)
    ii. 1 pt per 25 passing Yards (PaYd)
    iii. 2 pts per 1 passing 2-point conversion (Pa2P)
    b. Rushing
    i. 6 pts per 1 rushing Touchdown (RuTD)
    ii. 1 pt per 10 rushing Yards (RuYd)
    iii. 2 pts per 1 rushing 2-point conversion (Ru2P)
    c. Receiving
    i. 6 pts per 1 receiving Touchdown (ReTD)
    ii. 1 pt per 10 receiving Yards (ReYd)
    iii. 1 pt per 1 receiving Reception (ReRc)
    iv. 2 pts per 1 receiving 2-point conversion (Re2P)
    d. Returns
    i. 6 pts per 1 return Touchdown (RtTD)
    e. Kicking
    i. 3 pts per Field Goal made up to and including 39 yards in distance (FG)
    ii. 4 pts per Field Goal made from 40 yards to 49 yards in distance (FG)
    iii. 5 pts per Field Goal made over 50 yards in distance (FG)
    iv. 1 pt per Extra Point made (XP)

7. Defensive Scoring

a. Points allowed
    i. 0 points allowed = 11 pts
    ii. 1 to 6 points allowed = 9 pts
    iii. 7 to 13 points allowed = 7 pts
    iv. 14 to 20 points allowed = 4 pts
    v. 21 to 27 points allowed = 2 pts
    vi. 28+ points allowed = 0 pts
    b. Sacks = 1 pt
    c. Interception = 2 pts
    d. Fumble Recovery = 2 pts
    e. Touchdown = 6pts
    f. Safety = 2pts

8. Keepers

a. Keeper declarations are due by Aug. 1st of each year.
    b. There is no maximum number of keepers.
    c. The minimum cap for a keeper is 10.
    i. Any player with a cap value below 10 that is kept will have their cap value raised to 10 at the end of the season.
    ii. This will be done before the keeper salary increase is applied.
    d. First time keeper
    i. The first time a player is kept, their cap amount is increased by 20%.
    ii. Any decimal values are rounded up.
    iii. Example: Cap amount of 10 + 20% (2) = 12 new cap amount.
    iv. Example: Cap amount of 31 + 20% (6.2) = 37.2 rounded up to 38.
    e. Second time keeper
    i. The second time a player is kept, the cap amount is increased by 30%.
    iii. Example: Cap amount of 12 + 30% (3.6) = 15.6 rounded up to 16.
    f. Third time keeper
    i. The third time a player is kept, the cap amount is increased by 40%.
    iii. Example: Cap amount of 16 + 40% (6.4) = 22.4 rounded up to 23.
    g. Fourth time keeper
    i. The fourth time a player is kept, the cap amount is increased by 50%.
    iii. Example: Cap amount of 23 + 50% (11.5) = 34.5 rounded up to 35.
    h. Fifth time keeper
    i. The fifth time a player is kept, the cap amount is increased by 60%.
    iii. Example: Cap amount of 35 + 60% (21) = 56.
    i. Each additional year
    i. Each additional year a player is kept, the cap amount is increased by the previous year’s percentage increase + an additional 10%.
    iii. Example: Sixth time keeper, cap amount is increase 70%. (10% + 60% from the fifth year). 56 + 70% (39.2) = 95.2 rounded up to 96.
    j. There is no maximum number of years a player can be kept.
    Last edited by UraFucovski; 09-09-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    "THE BET"

2007 KFFL Junkies Fantasy Footbal League Champion

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

9. Standings and Weekly Games

a. Games will be played head-to-head each week.
    b. Each owner must submit a complete starting lineup.
    i. 1 QB
    ii. 2 RB
    iii. 3 WR
    iv. 1 TE
    v. 1 K
    vi. 1 Def
    c. Any owner not submitting a player for each position will have an invalid lineup.
    i. Invalid lineups will result in 0 points for the week.
    ii. You may start players in their bye week.
    d. Yahoo will create the schedule each year when we create the league.
    e. The playoffs will be conducted in weeks 14, 15 and 16.
    f. Week 17 will be the Cap Bowl.
    i. Each winner of week 17’s games will be awarded 25 extra cap points for the next year.
    ii. The cap bonus is good for the following year only.
    iii. There are no roster additions allowed after the start of the first game of the play-off week.

10. Miscellaneous

a. Cap Man
    i. The commissioner will appoint a cap man each year
    ii. Primary responsibility of the cap man is to track the cap during the draft and free agency.
    iii. The cap man will also back up the commissioner in the event the commissioner is unavailable.
    b. Questions, Complaints and Voting
    i. The commissioner will make any rule changes/rulings necessary to keep a fair and competitive league.
    ii. League owners may overrule the commissioner with a 60% majority vote of all owners (7 of 11 if no one abstains, commissioner is excluded from voting) voting in favor of vetoing a commissioner action.
    iii. League owners may make changes by getting a simple majority vote of all owners (6 of 11 if no one abstains, commissioner is excluded from voting)
    iv. Scoring, schedules and other details will be modified to fit the league provider for the year. Currently the league provider is Yahoo.
    Last edited by Whipdancer; 03-26-2007 at 04:21 PM.
    "THE BET"

2007 KFFL Junkies Fantasy Footbal League Champion

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein