Page 1296 of 1554 FirstFirst ... 29679611961246128612941295129612971298130613461396 ... LastLast
Results 19,426 to 19,440 of 23307
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    Doubront pitched quite a decent game actually. As Q pointed out, his OFs let him down and cost him three runs. The only really hard hit ball was when Luke f'ing Scott took him deep. He still throws too many pitches per inning, but as a 4th or 5th starter, he's an astronomically better option than Wakefield and Lackey last year. That said, I don't think the defense is going to get much better until Crawford and Ells get healthy, and the left side of the infield will be a little spotty all year (assuming Iglesias or WMB don't get call-ups).

Looks like reports of Youkilis' demise were a bit exaggerated. 4-10, 3 BB, and only 2 K since returning home.
    Next year the INF D is gonna be gross if it's the 2 home grown kids on the left side.

Kalish can't get back on track fast enough, that play by Ross was almost as bad as Nelson Cruz's in the WS.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I might actually get down to Pawtucket once or twice to check out WMB and Iglesias. Maybe a day game when Wilson is starting or something.

FWIW, out of the 15 balls that were in play against Doubront, the Rays had 8 hits. Going 8/15 on balls in play is really unlucky. Not quite as bad as Bard's first start where seemingly everything that went in play snuck through the infield, but still unfortunate. 7 K's, 1 BB in 5 IP is promising - if he can K a batter an inning and keep his K/BB above 3, he'll be a heck of a pitcher.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

Bard the tough-luck loser today. But was encouraging. Happy Patriots Day to all!

You flat out cannot walk 7 guys and expect to win.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

3 of those came in the last inning. 2 of those he probably shouldn't have faced. Fact is Bard pitched plenty well enough.
    3 out of 4 is good though.

Got to go to the game yesterday - highly recommend it to anyone who has not made it to a Patriot's Day game. Amazing weather and just a really fun atmosphere throughout the park.

Bard pitched quite well, and I understand why Bobby wanted to coax an extra inning out of him, but with his pitch count that high, as soon as he crossed 100 pitches he had to get out. That was the deepest he'd ever gotten in a game and he just tired out. His fastball was down to 92 and he was overthrowing just to get to that velocity, with the result being the walks. Once he let that first baserunner on, it should've been a quick hook to someone like Padilla or even Melancon.

While he did get lucky with the walks not leading to many runs, I think that balanced out the poor luck he had his first start. Definitely warrants getting 4-5 more turns in the rotation, especially considering it seems the bullpen has calmed down over the last seven games.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

Someone needs to take Mark Melancon and Justin Thomas out back behind the shed and reenact the ending of Old Yeller.

Mark Meloncon needs to go to Pawtucket ASAP. Just sad. Red Sox don't match up well with Texas.... AT ALL!

Didn't like the Melancon trade at the time and so far it's looking even worse but it's only been a few outings, as horrendous as they have been.

Not sure why Thomas even made the roster. The Sox must feel they need 2 lefties in the pen. Quantity over quality.

18 - 3...ouch!!!!
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    Didn't like the Melancon trade at the time and so far it's looking even worse but it's only been a few outings, as horrendous as they have been.

Not sure why Thomas even made the roster. The Sox must feel they need 2 lefties in the pen. Quantity over quality.
    Thankfully, Rich Hill has been mowing guys down in his rehab stints. Hell I might even welcome Andrew Miller back instead of Billy Corgan Jr.

Lester pissed himself too. He needs to be a dominant starter and he's still way too inconsistent.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Lester pissed himself too. He needs to be a dominant starter and he's still way too inconsistent.
    His command was just terrible yesterday. Not too concerned, he was great the prior two outings. Last night the only pitch he had command of was his curve. His four-seamer was straight and kept going wide left of the plate (away from righties) while his cutter was either left over the middle half of the plate, or down at the batter's ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    His command was just terrible yesterday. Not too concerned, he was great the prior two outings. Last night the only pitch he had command of was his curve. His four-seamer was straight and kept going wide left of the plate (away from righties) while his cutter was either left over the middle half of the plate, or down at the batter's ankles.
    Too much chicken and beer???

LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

I expected Melancon to suck moose balls. And he's exceeded my expectations. He's making me gay for John Wasdin.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Page 1296 of 1554 FirstFirst ... 29679611961246128612941295129612971298130613461396 ... LastLast