Page 1293 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 29379311931243128312911292129312941295130313431393 ... LastLast
Results 19,381 to 19,395 of 23259
    Bard will be in the bullpen by July 1st.

Book it.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Meh. This team isn't headed anywhere either way...might as well stick with it for the rest of the year and re-visit it in the off-season.

I actually thought he pitched better than the final results looked. But it was kinda dumb to send him back out there for the sixth.

The bigger problem right now is they need to stop waiting til the 7th inning to start swinging the bats...
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Meh. This team isn't headed anywhere either way...might as well stick with it for the rest of the year and re-visit it in the off-season.

I actually thought he pitched better than the final results looked. But it was kinda dumb to send him back out there for the sixth.

The bigger problem right now is they need to stop waiting til the 7th inning to start swinging the bats...
    I'm not worried about this offense.

Not one bit.

And if it is a problem, it's probably because Youk and Papi and they're expiring contracts are done. And the Sox can revisit the offense this winter.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Might be nice if "certain" hitters start actually hittting the ball instead of swinging and missing...LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

I'm sure the offense will be fine, as well...just saying that right now they're making it that much harder on their pitchers by snoozing through the first 2/3 of games before deciding to do anything. Lester's on the verge of losing a 2-hitter as we speak...can't keep leaving it down to 9th inning rallies...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Might be nice if "certain" hitters start actually hittting the ball instead of swinging and missing...LOL
    "Certain" being, say, all of them?
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

1-5 this year..0-6 last year.
    Sure they opened on the road in 2 tough places but ......

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    "Certain" being, say, all of them?
    No, not at all....Petey, Sweeney, Ortiz, and Punto are above .300...

But there is one 12 million dollar player hitting .100 with 6 strikeouts...LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    No, not at all....Petey, Sweeney, Ortiz, and Punto are above .300...

But there is one 12 million dollar player hitting .100 with 6 strikeouts...LOL
    And what about Jacoby Ellsbury, who has a whopping ONE more hit than Youkilis so far? LOLCATZZZZZZ!1!1!!!!111!

The team has played 6 games out of 162. That is the equivalent of getting through the first half of the first game of the NFL season. If the Patriots fell behind, say, the Bills 21-7 in the first half of game 1, and Brady were 6-14 with an INT, would you all of a sudden start extrapolating out that he is cooked?
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

and Brady were 6-14 with an INT, would you all of a sudden start extrapolating out that he is cooked?
    No, just having a little fun...Hence the LOL....Dont be so sensitive....
    The whole team has been pretty much horrible. Unfortunately this is a trend that I think will continue. Certainly not at this woeful number but I think the offense is being severely over rated....

Well, I do think there is the possibility that the offense won't be #1 in runs again this year, but they'll almost undoubtedly end up top 5 or so. And IMO, while Beckett looked awful, most of the rest of the starting performances have been solid.

Bard was unlucky with all those groundballs getting through - he generated 18 swings and misses, nearly as much as the season-high by a Sox pitcher last year (20 by Beckett). If he keeps that up, limits walks and keeps generating 50%+ ground balls, he'll be fine. I saw somewhere that his first 75 pitches he averaged 96 on the fastball and then after that he was down to 93, with a similar drop-off for his slider. Seems like he just tired out at the end and that should start to fade as his arm gets used to throwing 100 pitches per game with real intensity (unlike the Grapefruit League). And, Justin Thomas notwithstanding, the bullpen was much better vs. Toronto.

What does scare me a bit is the defense. Looks like the left side of our infield was stuck in mud on that fast turf up in Toronto, while Lawrie and Escobar were hoovering up everything.

Well, I do think there is the possibility that the offense won't be #1 in runs again this year, but they'll almost undoubtedly end up top 5 or so.
    You could certainly be right but I still think they finish 4th in the East...

while Lawrie and Escobar were hoovering up everything.
    Lawrie isn't going to be long for the league if he doesn't learn to exercise a little more caution chasing foul pops...

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Lawrie isn't going to be long for the league if he doesn't learn to exercise a little more caution chasing foul pops...
    Kid could probably get any girl in greater Ontario right now though, especially the way the Leafs season ended.

Baseball players don't need to take hockey players' sloppy seconds. Shoot, even career 4A guys like DMac and balding runts like Pedroia can score prime tail...

At the very least, the Jays are going to have to put more of a buffer between the railing and the camera people on the 3rd base side of the field at the Rogers Centre before he kills somebody barreling into them.

Page 1293 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 29379311931243128312911292129312941295130313431393 ... LastLast