Page 792 of 1601 FirstFirst ... 2926927427827907917927937948028428921292 ... LastLast
Results 11,866 to 11,880 of 24005
    To steal a phrase from Mercury Morris, Bowden isn't even on Buch's block. Not even close. If Tex wants Bowden, fine, poof, gone.

This team desperately needs both CC and and Tex. Horribly. In the worst possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    To steal a phrase from Mercury Morris, Bowden isn't even on Buch's block. Not even close. If Tex wants Bowden, fine, poof, gone.

This team desperately needs both CC and and Tex. Horribly. In the worst possible way.
    yeah, because nothing short of spending 250 million dollars can this team become more respectible than losing the ALCS. and to think TB won the game, without spending 250 million, actually spending 1/4th Boston's salary. that right there is proof positive , spending 250 million more is the only way to beat TB! brilliant!!

You're not going to do it with guys like Lowell, Tek, Wake, Byrd, and Drew on the roster.

Hey Q....not to get off the subject, but do you have any updates on Westmoreland? I hear he had shoulder surgery recently. Is this going to hurt his development, or is it any threat to his future as a ballplayer?....just like to keep up on the local kids..

Torn Labrum, out 4-6 months.

He'll be in Fort Myers for december and probably won't be able to start playing again til May or maybe June. But he'll be able to swing a bat and throw in about 3 months.
    Last edited by The Q; 11-23-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Rob Bradford says Sox have offered Tek a 1 year deal.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

One year too long.

Quote Originally Posted by draft4thefuture View Post
    sorry couldnt resist.

my thoughts are truely:
    CC has been overused and will experience arm troubles soon, stay clear.
    Masterson should stay in the BP.
    Trade Bucholtz for a young Catcher like, Teagarden, Salty or Montero
    Sign Tex to 2yr/14 million.
    Sox should go get a cheaper 5th starter than, CC, Burnett or Lowe would cost.
    Sox dont need Tex he doesnt fill a hole, but if they sign him they need to trade Youkilis for future all-star 3B+ INF prospect
    Use INF prospect this year as utility guy 70/30 with Lowrie
    Next year sign FA Matt Holiday, who will fill a hole because Bay will be gone.
    Use Bowden as a 6th starter, while also signing a project 6th stater like Prior.
    add one more BP arm like Bob Howry or Kerry Wood (2 yr deal).
    Again this was a team who was easily AL championship team caliber, whole-sale changes are not needed, health is.
    Drive up the price on CC, Burnett and Tex then let them sign elsewhere.
    I think you meant Veritek, there's no way Texeira would sign for 2/14, LOL.
    Why would you trade Youkilis when he was an MVP runner up and clearly a guy who has come into his own offensively? I think the odd man out would be Lowell in a Texeira comes to Boston scenario.
    ~Reigning 2002 KFFL Patriots Forum Fantasy Football League 2 Champ~

some of the more educated guys here, might enjoy taking a look at these 2 guys:
    Jordan Brown (4th OF/1B) (Indians)
    Eduardo Morlan (RHP) (Rays)

some people here (like Q) would never allow a rule 5 player to land on the Red Sox roster for a full year, when spending 250 million is more sexy bu these 2 guys in particular will likely be drafted on 12/7 in the rule 5 draft and both look IMO at having promising careers. I will even save the interested parties the work here are a few links.

Jordan Brown:
    http://minors.baseball-reference.com...s.cgi?pid=1818

Indians prospect Jordan Brown rides the momentum of back-to-back Most Valuable Player campaigns into the 2008 season. The University of Arizona product received Eastern League top honors in 2007 after leading the circuit in hitting (.333) while adding 11 homers and 76 RBIs. He also posted MVP numbers (.290-15-97) in 2006 at Kinston of the Carolina League.
    Eduardo Morlan:
    http://minors.baseball-reference.com....cgi?pid=25053

Eduardo Morlan has been ridiculous, posting a perfect 0.00 earned run average in ten games for the Desert Dogs. Morlan has struggled with his command a bit, but is showcasing the arm that makes him one of the better pitching prospects in all of Minor League Baseball. He is really blazing up the prospect charts, and this Fall wil only help.
    http://twins.scout.com/2/631623.html before the trade of the rays here is his prospects report
    Last edited by draft4thefuture; 11-24-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Morlan is one of the top relief prospects in the minors.

If anything I'm an advocate of the Rule V for bullpen use.

Jordan Brown is a guy who had more BBs than Ks at AA in 2007. He just doens't have good power. He's a bench player in the bigs, or maybe a platoon guy. But he's a lefty, which is the last thing the Sox need now.

I actually owned both of them in my 12 team 72 man roster dynasty league last year.

Quote Originally Posted by VJCPATRIOT View Post
    I think you meant Veritek, there's no way Texeira would sign for 2/14, LOL.
    Why would you trade Youkilis when he was an MVP runner up and clearly a guy who has come into his own offensively? I think the odd man out would be Lowell in a Texeira comes to Boston scenario.
    Why? for me that is simple, return on investment. when I compare defense between Lowell and Youkilis, I dont see much difference meaning Youkilis has better range but Lowell has a better glove (this is my opinion disagree if you would like and I know many will). Offensively Youkilis other than this year isnt any better than Lowell. Maybe this year is Youkilis' break out, maybe its simply a year that is out of sequence with his history. In either case, If we have Texieria, the choice is who makes us better now and the future, with the choice being:

Lowell now and 2 star prospects from trading Youkilis
    or
    Youkilis now, and giving Lowell away and paying for him to leave.

When I look at it there isnt enough of a difference between Youkilis and Lowell to chose Youkilis while losing money and prospects. Id rather have the money and prospects while keeping Lowell. In 2007 Lowell was an MVP canidate himself with 126 points finishing 5th. Lowell's career isnt finished IMO he was just injured and most here want to pay to get rid of him, Id rather sell high on Youkilis than sell beyond low on Lowell. trading Youkilis lands us 2 good prospects, trading Lowell lands a squat and we pay his salary. no-brainer IMO. the drop off between Lowell and Youkilis is minimal. how quickly people forget how badly everyone wanted Lowell resigned, now he's a bum??? I dont think so. he is a world series MVP, MVP contender, glove glove caliber defender, model teammate and giving him away is wrong!

He's bascally none of those things. 2007 was n outlier.

Im not saying you pay his way out, someone's footing the bill, but I'm moving him to clear space for Tex and CC god damn it. this team needs a major makeover.

other than looking at rule 5 canidates I have also been researching cheap SP canidates that IMO might pay huge rewards. everyone here knows ZI lke guys who I believe the Sox can fix. here's one constaintly injured that could be a #1 or #2 type starter at #4 type money. drum roll please. Ben Sheets. before people here agree or disagree read this article or atleast look at the picture and try and think like me for a second.
    http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...ut-ben-sheets/
    Can Boston fix the problems? thats the question, I think they can and even if they dont fix it 100% what kind of stats does he bring when he is playing? still Cy Young caliber. Can or will he sign for a beckett type contract? (Beckett 3/30 million) Ive read he has been considering a 1 year deal from Mil. to prove his health. what if Boston signed him to to a 2 year 24 million (11 in 09' and 13 in 2010, with a team option of 16 in 2011? might it be enough for him to come to a WS contender? I would go asfar as garrenteeing 2011 if he pitched 360 innings over the first 2 years. with a 2 million bonus for a cy young award, and a 1 million bonus for 18 wins. I think its enough to sign a top notch pitcher at #3 money. thoughts?

I'd love to bring in Sheets. His stuff is comparable to anyone on the market, including Sabathia. You just need to treat him with a little TLC like we have with Beckett so that he is healthy for the stretch run. He is one of the few NL pitchers I would sign to a $10+ mil/year deal, as his stuff translates well to the hard-hitting AL East.

If he gets overlooked by guys such as Sabathia and Burnett, we should swoop in and sign him. Brad Penny is also a guy I'd consider, despite his brutal year. Apparently he's been working out at API to get in the best shape of his life (that's the same place Youk and Pedroia went last offseason before their breakout 2008 campaigns). He's got power stuff, AFAIK is friendly with former Marlin teammate Josh Beckett, and due to his crappy year may be willing to sign for less money and/or fewer years.
    Straight cash homey

Page 792 of 1601 FirstFirst ... 2926927427827907917927937948028428921292 ... LastLast