Page 1294 of 1528 FirstFirst ... 29479411941244128412921293129412951296130413441394 ... LastLast
Results 19,396 to 19,410 of 22908
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Baseball players don't need to take hockey players' sloppy seconds. .
    From what I hear you wouldnt want them after Seguin is done with them...LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Baseball players don't need to take hockey players' sloppy seconds.
    They may in Toronto.

Youk didn't have the best season last year. With his injury history and age he is a bit of a concern.

Home opener today. Let's see if coming home can help the team get some wins.

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    They may in Toronto.

Youk didn't have the best season last year. With his injury history and age he is a bit of a concern.

Home opener today. Let's see if coming home can help the team get some wins.
    I think this is the offensive core's last real hurrah.

Tek is already gone. Youk and Papi are gone. Who knows what's going to happen to Ellsbury if he doesn't repeat last year (while still asking to be paid like he did last year).

The only certainties on this team next year are the right side of the infield and Crawford (who they couldnt' move if they tried right now, hell he'd probably pass through Manny waivers).
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Agreed. We could see a very different lineup next season.

Agreed. We could see a very different lineup next season.
    Ideally Kalish proves he's ready for at least the majority of time in RF next year and they find a cheap RH RF to platoon with him.

IF Ells wants a big extension he might be traded and they go more defensive at the position.

I'd guess 3B or DH is going to be where they again make a major splash to juice the offense back up.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Lavarnway will be in the mix at DH/C and Iglesias could take over SS. Although those could happen this season.

Lavarnway will be in the mix at DH/C and Iglesias could take over SS. Although those could happen this season.
    If MIddlebrooks can have a good year that isn't BABIP inflated he could be at 3B next year.

A home grown left side, and RF, would give the Sox some major flexibility to upgrade the rotation.

- Ghandi

Middlebrooks might be the 3B, as well. And I think the arrival of year-round interleague play next year spells the end of the dedicated DH. Even though IIRC I think it only ultimately means 2 or 3 more series each year in NL parks, we saw last year what a hassle it was not having enough roster flexibility for those games. I could see them re-negotiating Youk's option to a lower number and having a rotating mix of him, AGon, and Lavarnway at DH, with Youk playing 1B when AGon DH's and occasionally spelling WMB at 3rd.

In other words, it won't shock me to see no splashy big ticket additions to the offense next year, either.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Middlebrooks might be the 3B, as well. And I think the arrival of year-round interleague play next year spells the end of the dedicated DH. Even though IIRC I think it only ultimately means 2 or 3 more series each year in NL parks, we saw last year what a hassle it was not having enough roster flexibility for those games. I could see them re-negotiating Youk's option to a lower number and having a rotating mix of him, AGon, and Lavarnway at DH, with Youk playing 1B when AGon DH's and occasionally spelling WMB at 3rd.

In other words, it won't shock me to see no splashy big ticket additions to the offense next year, either.
    I'm seeing images of Hamels. :)

- Ghandi

If they dont make the playoffs for the third year in a row they better make a big splash in FA....Just sayin...
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

The only problem with that is other than the aforementioned Mr. Hamels there won't be anybody to make a splash on (well Greinke, too, I suppose, but I really don't see him coming here). I think Ortiz actually might end up being the best bat available in FA this year.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Greinke in Boston would go about as well as Edgar Renteria did here. Doubt we get Hamels either - Magic and co. will spend megabucks to sign him as a splashy FA.

On another note, in case you need to find someone to hate today, Luke Scott seems as good as any:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...nway-park-dump

"I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    Greinke in Boston would go about as well as Edgar Renteria did here. Doubt we get Hamels either - Magic and co. will spend megabucks to sign him as a splashy FA.

On another note, in case you need to find someone to hate today, Luke Scott seems as good as any:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...nway-park-dump

Not sure the dodgers are going to start throwing money around until they get that new TV deal done.

- Ghandi

I feel like we need this right now to counteract some of the negativity.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...52231395_n.jpg

(NSFW due to language)

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Not sure the dodgers are going to start throwing money around until they get that new TV deal done.
    They'll have that starting in 2014, and if they set it up right they can get some kind of up-front payment. Maybe not $385MM like McCourt wanted, but enough to make an aggressive bid for someone like Hamels.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

Page 1294 of 1528 FirstFirst ... 29479411941244128412921293129412951296130413441394 ... LastLast