Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Message Board Rules

Hi Everyone,

Please refrain from pasting the work of other companies into our forums. If this continues, anyone involved will be permanently banned from using KFFL's forums. Thank you for your cooperation!

Regards,

Cory J. Bonini
    KFFL Senior Draft Editor

And Kenroher's postcount suffers a big blow...

Who threatened to sue? Some loser company that tries to make money off of couch potatoes by giving them "inside" info and mock guesses that they will never use for anything, thus making the investment useless?

Probably the Dallas news -- everybody should pay $10 to get Goselin's three mock drafts that change their life...

(Yes, I understand copyright law, and yes I love the draft; I am just making a rant against the "industry" that tries to scam the average joe.)

Any work or just premium info?
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

can you be a little more specific here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marcus
    can you be a little more specific here?
    Yes and can you please let us know who you are?

This is likely in reply to some postings of pay information on this site. I know Draft Blitz and a couple other message boards have recieved some letters threatening with suits if the information was not removed. So this probably doesnt pertain to things like GBN. That what i'm assuming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick17
    And Kenroher's postcount suffers a big blow...
    :p :p :p

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan4life
    Yes and can you please let us know who you are?
    His user title doesn't adequately answer this question? ;)

I'd also like a little more detail on this. Would this include quoting a few lines and giving the link to the rest of the article?

And what does this mean for guys like DJ Boyer?

yeah, how does this apply. Can we not copy it to here. Can we not post links? is it only for pay sites? is it just the information?

If we can't post the info from other sites, what exactly are we supposed to discuss. Please clarify if you get the chance.
    Greed is a term created by the apathetic and lazy, used to villainize the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    His user title doesn't adequately answer this question? ;)
    No it doesn't. I know that most message boards have rules about posting insider information etc. but I'd like to know who's telling me what I can and can't do and if they have the authority to do so. Just because he has the same last name as the sites creator doesn't make him an authority on what can and can't be posted.

Clarification would be helpful.

This is a privately owned board and they can prohibit whatever they want -

However, I assume that legal compliance is the issue here and Fair Use laws most definitely do permit certain types of copying/excerpts. Only pay site info ought to be an issue.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan4life
    No it doesn't. I know that most message boards have rules about posting insider information etc. but I'd like to know who's telling me what I can and can't do and if they have the authority to do so. Just because he has the same last name as the sites creator doesn't make him an authority on what can and can't be posted.
    Perhaps not, but that plus the ability to sticky the thread would lead one to believe that he's among those here w/ that authority.

That said, maybe we should ask for two forms of ID and a blood sample...just to be sure. :p

Put simply, this is a privately owned board, and Cory is one of the owners. That gives him the authority to make and enforce any rule he wants. Period.

IMO the site admins have been very lenient about people posting copyrighted material in all of the forums. Even if you provide a link, and credit the source, and it's a free site, it's blatantly illegal to cut and paste an entire article and post it in a message forum such as this.

It's perfectly legal to post a link to any free web site. Nobody (on that site) will ever complain about someone doing that. (admins here might complain if they consider it to be a "competing" site) As far as posting "snipets", the standard rule I was taught was the "two sentence rule". You can cut and paste up to two sentences from an article and post it somewhere else such as here, providing you provide proper credit (such as a link) and it's a free site. However, posting any content from a pay site would generally be considered illegal, regardless of the circumstances.

That's answers most of my questions. Thank ya sir.

Two sentences...yeesh. I'm sure glad that's a loosely enforced rule. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast