PDA

View Full Version : KATD Draft Picks Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Goose31
11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
And so it begins. Dilbert takes Joe Montana with the first overall pick. He had to be the pick there. That's the way I would have gone at least.

Yellowknifer
11-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I was hoping he'd drop, but since he didn't, my strategy has changed. Good luck to all.

GiveUp2122
11-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Surprised to see LT #2 but can't knock the pick

Goose31
11-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Agreed, was not expecting him, but you cant go wrong with LT. I wonder if that will force YK into a 3-4 Defense. Will be interesting to see how he plays it.

GiveUp2122
11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Agreed, was not expecting him, but you cant go wrong with LT. I wonder if that will force YK into a 3-4 Defense. Will be interesting to see how he plays it.

Well yea he has to be running a 4-3 to take full advantage of LT

Yellowknifer
11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I might have considered trading back, however my time for this is limited somewhat and I didn't feel like working out deals. I will take what ya'll give me :) He was #3 overall on the NFL's all time list and I have decided to go defense first. I like 3-4's more than 4-3's, I think historically they have had a better run of it too (calling Still Life)...

Xulu Bak
11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion that thinks it's too early for LT.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

MarkItAZero!
11-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Rice was a good pick.

The next pick should be rather easy IMO. Then it will get interesting.

GiveUp2122
11-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Rice was a good pick.

Yea...I'm ready to pick...I think I've decided who I want but my mind may change 3 or 4 times by time PatsFan picks...

Augustus
11-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion that thinks it's too early for LT.Perhaps a tad, but not much. I think he'd have been gone by pick 5 or 6. Had YK taken Rice, I'd have strongly considered taking LT at 3.

PatsFan2003
11-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Rice was a good pick.

Let me guess. Butkis wasn't who you expected... 8-)

Rice is a good pick. He really is 2 levels up from 99% of the other receivers. Almost every other GOAT isn't near that unique.

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but FinsFan hasn't been here since the 27th of October and a few others haven't been on in 3 or 4 days. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to replace people(s).

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but FinsFan hasn't been here since the 27th of October and a few others haven't been on in 3 or 4 days. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to replace people(s).

I'd say if anyone times out on their first pick they should be replaced.

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 03:13 AM
I'd say if anyone times out on their first pick they should be replaced.

I agree 100%. It's far easier to find a replacement when the person doesn't have to take over a team with players he didn't choose.

Goose31
11-09-2011, 03:25 AM
I agree 100%. It's far easier to find a replacement when the person doesn't have to take over a team with players he didn't choose.

Let's start fishing for back-ups just in case. Do we have anyone else who has expressed interest?

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 03:29 AM
I sent out PM's when we were looking for a 16th member and never even got a yay/nay back from anyone and i probably sent out about 8-10 invites. I'm not trying to be mean but there are a few people involved now that simply aren't around much.

femurov
11-09-2011, 03:48 AM
My buddy expressed interest, but it was after Xulu jumped in. I can have him go through the motions of signing up for KFFL and all, just in case.

I sent out a bunch of PMs as well, but the only returns I got were negatives.

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 04:45 AM
My buddy expressed interest, but it was after Xulu jumped in. I can have him go through the motions of signing up for KFFL and all, just in case.

I sent out a bunch of PMs as well, but the only returns I got were negatives.

Have him do that....I think CP's buddy also signed up for KFFL and can possibly replace someone if needed

femurov
11-09-2011, 04:51 AM
I'll give him a call tomorrow.

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Just to make sure everyone is clear...the clock started today at 10 est for Shananahan and his time will expire at 2 est.

I would recommend we finish the first round and anyone that is skipped and hasn't made up their pick should be replaced. I'd say we don't start round 2 until all current/new owners have made a first round pick (except for CP since he traded down of course)

Goose31
11-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Just to make sure everyone is clear...the clock started today at 10 est for Shananahan and his time will expire at 2 est.

I would recommend we finish the first round and anyone that is skipped and hasn't made up their pick should be replaced. I'd say we don't start round 2 until all current/new owners have made a first round pick (except for CP since he traded down of course)
I would agree with this with one exception. I dont think we should skip anyone in the first round only. That would only punish the new owner, and that's not the intent. After round one, I say we skip away.

But that brings me to another thought. In the draft rules section we need to address how many turns can be skipped before the league takes action. At what point do we try and find a new owner to take over their team? I guess we could always just continue to skip them all the way to the end and then the league will make their picks for them after everyone else has gone. That team will probably suck, but its not all that bad to have at least one team in the league that's the whipping boy. We'll call them the Bengals - zing!

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I would agree with this with one exception. I dont think we should skip anyone in the first round only. That would only punish the new owner, and that's not the intent. After round one, I say we skip away.

But that brings me to another thought. In the draft rules section we need to address how many turns can be skipped before the league takes action. At what point do we try and find a new owner to take over their team? I guess we could always just continue to skip them all the way to the end and then the league will make their picks for them after everyone else has gone. That team will probably suck, but its not all that bad to have at least one team in the league that's the whipping boy. We'll call them the Bengals - zing!

The problem with not skipping anyone in the first round is that we don't have a time frame as to when someone is replaced. Their isn't a huge difference at this point between different first round picks. I still say we skip as scheduled.

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 04:44 PM
If anyone can get a replacement ready, i think we're going to need it. Shanny hasn't been on in 3 days, and Fins hasn't been around for 2 weeks!

Femurov, GiveUp....start getting friends signed up if needed. And make sure they're the types that can/will log in everday if at all possible.

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
If anyone can get a replacement ready, i think we're going to need it. Shanny hasn't been on in 3 days, and Fins hasn't been around for 2 weeks!

Femurov, GiveUp....start getting friends signed up if needed. And make sure they're the types that can/will log in everday if at all possible.

I sent a msg to CP to check with his friend. Someone send Canada a msg to make sure he doesn't want to jump back in?

Goose31
11-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I sent Shanny a trade request and he responded to me on 11/3, so I have to think he's still planning on participating. Fins I'm more worried about. I sent a message to a buddy of mine, but havent heard back yet.

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I sent Shanny a trade request and he responded to me on 11/3, so I have to think he's still planning on participating. Fins I'm more worried about. I sent a message to a buddy of mine, but havent heard back yet.

What's the decision going to be on skipping people?

I still feel we need to skip them as scheduled for the first round.

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM

I agree with this %100... The first rounds or two are particularly fun because it's likely you'll get to choose some GOAT players. Do remember that some of us have jobs with sometimes crazy deadlines that don't cotton to checking their all-time fantasy football drafts at all times...

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I agree with this %100... The first rounds or two are particularly fun because it's likely you'll get to choose some GOAT players. Do remember that some of us have jobs with sometimes crazy deadlines that don't cotton to checking their all-time fantasy football drafts at all times...

Again the problem with this is when do we decide someone is replaced? If we skip them the first round then we give an absolute time frame for someone to show up or be replaced

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I agree that we should absolutely find a replacement before the 2nd round begins. I say we skip as scheduled but then hold up at the end of round 1 to get a new member(s). Nobody really wants to take over a team with player(s) they didn't select. This way the team(s) skipped can still pick, they will just do so at the end of round 1, with a new member.

I think Shanny will be around, and PatsFan2003 is right. Not everyone can be nuts like us and get on KFFL for hours each day lol.

FinsFan is the one we need to start looking to replace IMO. If he shows up before his pick, i'm sorry Fins, but we're just looking out for the draft process.

Yellowknifer
11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
No rush, dont skip in first round otherwise you'll be much more challenged to find a replacement.

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Again the problem with this is when do we decide someone is replaced? If we skip them the first round then we give an absolute time frame for someone to show up or be replaced

I think I'm saying "be gentle" in the first round (at least). Maybe don't jump at the 4 hr limit... If that person is still holding up the line after 6 or even 8 hours, then put them at the top of the list when they finally show up. If they still haven't chosen by the end of round 2, That's a pretty telling sign. We did that in the last draft and while it was certainly aggravating to many, it kept the goodwill. Did we actually lose anyone in that draft?

I'm open to other suggestions but like Yellowknifer said, getting someone new could become harder.

I know everyone is eager here including me but this draft will still take a while and an extra hour or two in the big realm of things isn't that big a deal...

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
I could see making the time limit like 6 hours for round 1 and then start skipping. Then if they haven't picked by the end of round 1 stop the draft and find replacements.

Yellowknifer
11-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I have all the time in the world. I would have been happier if this had happened in the off season TBH, but I'm ok with doing it now too. No rush. We need to get it done right IMO (that means complete participation from the outset).

Yellowknifer
11-09-2011, 06:04 PM
If we can't find anyone then we should do the draft with consensus picks so people don't use the no owner team to screw over someone else just behind them and also to make sure the team is universally hilarious. Ryan Leaf I'm sure wouldn't make a great starting QB... but...

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I could see making the time limit like 6 hours for round 1 and then start skipping. Then if they haven't picked by the end of round 1 stop the draft and find replacements.

Yeah give it a shot.. I think if we were on the clock yesterday, I likely would have been passed because of work (I don't know for sure). I signed in as soon as I could but sometimes s**t happen. It's not as bad getting skipped in round 5 or something but round 1 is definitely a special round.

Augustus
11-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Like YK, I'm in no particular hurry to get through the draft.

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks like Shanny just logged on.....good deal!

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Get your pick on Shanny

Goose31
11-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Looks like Shanny just logged on.....good deal!
Shanny has traded me this pick. We've swapped spots in the first and in the second. I'm posted the trade in the trade thread. I guess I should await his confirmation before I post my pick.

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Goose, go ahead and pick....should be an easy one imo.

Shananahan
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Sorry, I've been pretty busy lately and am still trying to figure out all the rankings and whatnot. I'm still on board with this.

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 09:10 PM
No worries Shanny. Glad you're still on board. It sucks trying to find replacements!

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
The other issue is getting a hold of Tyke. He has never cleaned out his inbox (it was full when i ran my draft almost a year ago).

I left a visitor message with him but not sure if he'll see that.

Augustus
11-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Goose,
Regarding your pick of Jim Brown, FB -- is there any value to picking blocking fullbacks, as are more traditional today?

Yellowknifer
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Speaking of him...

One small thing I noticed. Jim Brown stated that he did not block. It wasn't something he did. He was paid to run the ball. He should get 0's in both run blocking and pass blocking. Or at least the lowest possible (which I noticed he doesn't appear to have, although lower than pure blockers).

MarkItAZero!
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Tyke picked the guy i nearly took over Munoz. Great pick at this stage for White.

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I think Tyke picked Reggie White last time as well...

Goose31
11-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Goose,
Regarding your pick of Jim Brown, FB -- is there any value to picking blocking fullbacks, as are more traditional today?
Sure, just depends on how you want to use your team. Most blocking fullbacks dont carry the rock too often or too well. But its just like having a second TE in the game. More blocking and they can take dump off passes as well. But you can also run a backfield with two HBs if you like. HB and FB are really not differentiatied in this game much. Just as Free Safeties and Strong Safeties are no different here.

Goose31
11-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Speaking of him...

One small thing I noticed. Jim Brown stated that he did not block. It wasn't something he did. He was paid to run the ball. He should get 0's in both run blocking and pass blocking. Or at least the lowest possible (which I noticed he doesn't appear to have, although lower than pure blockers).
I think its accurately reflected. Although its not a zero, no FB in the top 27 FBs (meaning, everyone who will be picked and then some) is lower on the blocking than Jim Brown. But by the fact that they are a FB and not a HB, I gave them a minimal blocking grade. That might not be 100% accurate, but I wanted to try and differentiate the positions somewhat. Hopefully that seems fair.

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Speaking of him...

The ongoing war by Yellowknifer against one of the greatest football players of all time... :tongue3:

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
It will be interesting to see how all these trades for drafting position turn out. I didn't notice notice Giveitup had two 1st round picks. What did you give up for that??

GiveUp2122
11-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Here's the trade....
Trade Officially Made:
ChildPlease trades GiveUp Round:1-5,4-12,6-12,10-12,11-5 for 2-7,3-10,4-7,10-7,11-10

I'm looking to move up from the 4th if anyone is interested in moving down

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Here's the trade....
Trade Officially Made:
ChildPlease trades GiveUp Round:1-5,4-12,6-12,10-12,11-5 for 2-7,3-10,4-7,10-7,11-10

I'm looking to move up from the 4th if anyone is interested in moving down

So a 2nd and 3rd for an extra 1st and a 6th? With some swapping in the same rounds as well. (if I'm reading this correctly...)

Yep. Interesting...

ChildPlease
11-09-2011, 11:29 PM
I have a friend that can take over for anyone if they fail to login or draft. He can be a replacement if the guy (FinsFan) does show up or anyone quits. His name is StScout and he's awaiting his authorization to the forum. But I can pick for him till he is authorized. As for PatsFans, I thought about having two studs and no picks till the 4th or having alot of good players to give my team a good stable core of good people. GiveUp was willing to do the trade this way or the reverse. It was my decision and I wanted the more equal talent team instead of two studs.

ChildPlease
11-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I am interested in moving up in the second and down in the 3rd. If anyone wants to PM me.

PatsFan2003
11-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I have a friend that can take over for anyone if they fail to login or draft. He can be a replacement if the guy (FinsFan) does show up or anyone quits. His name is StScout and he's awaiting his authorization to the forum. But I can pick for him till he is authorized. As for PatsFans, I thought about having two studs and no picks till the 4th or having alot of good players to give my team a good stable core of good people. GiveUp was willing to do the trade this way or the reverse. It was my decision and I wanted the more equal talent team instead of two studs.

Well we'll see what happens. I think getting another 2nd and 3rd while giving up the 1st (and 6th) is an interesting gambit. Giveup got two top players but now he won't pick until round 4. It will be interesting to see how it plays out...

Goose31
11-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Great, thanks for doing that CP. We just might need him. Fem should be around sometime soon. And then I'm worried about FF4L. After that we know Xulu will be here. Not so sure about Spank (I think that's Fem's friend) or BHamita. I dont know how often those guys check in. I'm outtie for a while, but will check back later and hope to see some picks made. There are two guys I'm eyeing that if one of them lasts another 4 or 5 picks, I'm going to start getting antsy to move back up!

femurov
11-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Spank is at home studying the list right now.

tyke1doe
11-10-2011, 04:18 AM
I think Tyke picked Reggie White last time as well...

Yep.

femurov
11-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Well, hopefully Spanky did his research last night, cuz he works early in the morning. I'll be up with my kid in the morning and will let him know that he's on the clock (which he knew he was close and if Finsfan showed up that it wouldn't take long for Xulu to pick). I honestly have no idea what his strategy is, though, but I should be able to get a hold of him before noonish (at the VERY latest) tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll probably see him before he leaves for work (he's my roommate, for those who don't know) and his pick will be in. Just don't want you guys to worry, since he's not a KFFL regular.

Goose31
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Now that we have Spank's pick in, we just need BHamita and we can call off the search for the new owner. Might be a good idea to have 2 or 3 people on call should someone need to drop out later. BHamita on the clock for two picks. These wrap around picks are always interesting. Does he try and build one area of his team to be rock solid (like draft two of the top rated DTs) or does he try to spread it out (one QB and one MLB) since he knows he wont be back up for a while? Decisions, decisions.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Do we know when BHam last signed on? Are we going with the special first round 6 hr limit and then looking for a replacement?

Goose31
11-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Looks like its been 4 days since he's been on KFFL. Hey MIZ - Did he respond to your check-ins reminding everyone of the impending draft?

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes he confirmed back on the 27th of October and the last login shows 4 days ago.

Do we have someone waiting inthe wings GiveUp? Didn't CP say he had a guy signing up for KFFL?

femurov
11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I posted a thread in the Broncos forum, asking if anyone had an email or cell phone number for him, which is very possible. If they do, I told them to either PM me with it or contact him and tell him to check in.

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Sweet, thanks Fem.

He's got almost and hour and a half left on the clock.

BTW, i have to run out around 3 pm EST and won't be back until about 7ish tonight.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
CP has someone waiting or activation but CP can post his picks in the mean time...just let me know he is needed.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I want to remind everyone that Proxies are encouraged...I'm available for a proxy and I wouldbet MIZ and Goose are too. If you're going to be gone a while this will keep you from being skipped

femurov
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I can usually take a proxy, as well.

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Shanny already sent a proxy in to me for his 2nd rounder. They definitely help to keep things moving.

femurov
11-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I sent out Spank's proxy to you and Goose, although I should be around to pick.

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey GiveUp....have your friend ready to make 2 picks at 2 pm EST if BHamita doesn't show up by then. He'll eventually get activated and he can make his picks on his own but for now we need to keep this thing rolling.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey GiveUp....have your friend ready to make 2 picks at 2 pm EST if BHamita doesn't show up by then. He'll eventually get activated and he can make his picks on his own but for now we need to keep this thing rolling.

I'll send CP a text to tell him

Goose31
11-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Sweet, thanks Fem.

He's got almost and hour and a half left on the clock.

BTW, i have to run out around 3 pm EST and won't be back until about 7ish tonight.

Are you doubling his time since he has two picks? Just curious as to if we've set a rule for that.

We could also just pick for him. If I recall correctly, he sounded pretty interested in this thing. Since he's a Broncos fan we could take Elway for his next pick (this spot seems about right for him) and then maybe the consensus BPA.

femurov
11-10-2011, 07:23 PM
He has been contacted via FB by Springstein.

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Are you doubling his time since he has two picks? Just curious as to if we've set a rule for that.

We could also just pick for him. If I recall correctly, he sounded pretty interested in this thing. Since he's a Broncos fan we could take Elway for his next pick (this spot seems about right for him) and then maybe the consensus BPA.

In my all time draft(s) when you were picking back to back, you only got 4 hours because who is going to show up, make one pick and then use up another 4 hours? You get 4 hours to make both picks. It's logical imo.

femurov
11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
In my all time draft(s) when you were picking back to back, you only got 4 hours because who is going to show up, make one pick and then use up another 4 hours? You get 4 hours to make both picks. It's logical imo.

This ^^^^

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
He has been contacted via FB by Springstein.

Sweet. Lets give him some more time. It's the first round and i don't want to see anyone kicked out this early. I've got to leave in about 20 minutes. I'll forward Spank's and Shanny's proxies ahead just in case they come up before i get back this evening.

Goose31
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
That works for me. But I also agree to give him some more time. What if we made a deadline of around 8pm EST this evening? Seem fair?

I will be around all day (and dont pick until late in the round) to take proxies.

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd say 6 pm est. That would give him an extra 4 hours. Then i say we go with GiveUp/Child's friend to replace him.

femurov
I asked Springer if he felt confident making his picks for him. Maybe they've discussed all time players or how to build a team or something. I'd also hate to boot someone so early, but at the same time, if he knew when the start date was and replied he was in, he should have checked in by now. I'd also hate to pick someone else's team for them, whether it be BHam's or a replacement.

GiveUp2122
So how long are we giving him until we replace him? I can get a replacement very quickly

femurov
11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm cool with 6pm. I know he's on east coast time. Not sure if he has the smart phone app to instantly get a message on his phone, but iirc, he works at a school, so I would think he'd be off work by 4 or 5 at the latest. 6 gives him time to get home and check things out.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Alright...at 6 eastern me or CP will post the picks for his replacement if he hasn't shown up

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I've got to head out. Let's make it 6 pm for BHamita and then we can roll with GiveUp's guy if needed. I should hopefully be back right around that time frame.

PatsFan2003
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Now that we have Spank's pick in, we just need BHamita and we can call off the search for the new owner. Might be a good idea to have 2 or 3 people on call should someone need to drop out later. BHamita on the clock for two picks. These wrap around picks are always interesting. Does he try and build one area of his team to be rock solid (like draft two of the top rated DTs) or does he try to spread it out (one QB and one MLB) since he knows he wont be back up for a while? Decisions, decisions.

I had that the last draft and it's nice to get that 1-2 punch but the wait in between is loooooog. I can see why some people dropped down to the middle of the draft.

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Well i'm back and it looks like we're getting awfully close to needing that pinch hitter....45 minutes left.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 10:19 PM
I've texted CP and I believe the replacement will be ready to pick close to 6 EST

MarkItAZero!
11-10-2011, 11:01 PM
BHamita showed up with 1 minute to spare lol! Just glad we can keep all the original guys.

Hey BHam, you have to make another pick btw.

GiveUp2122
11-10-2011, 11:04 PM
BHamita showed up with 1 minute to spare lol! Just glad we can keep all the original guys.

Hey BHam, you have to make another pick btw.

And that other pick can't be Ronnie Lott....

Goose31
11-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Wow, with one minute to spare! I'm really glad we have all the original guys as well. Can't believe he didnt take Elway!

femurov
11-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Talk about a photo finish!

femurov
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
So, who is Spanky taking?

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Hopefully he doesn't take Mike Singletary...I'm hoping he drops to the 4th

Augustus
11-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Your wife dropped last night.

Xulu Bak
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Can't check the rankings atm can someone verify that Olsen and Lilly are both GOATs.

femurov
11-11-2011, 12:25 AM
They're both 10+s, if that's what you mean.

Goose31
11-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Can't check the rankings atm can someone verify that Olsen and Lilly are both GOATs.

True dat. Exact same rating.

femurov
11-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Heading to the liquor store. Hopefully all of my targets won't be gone when I get back! Really took a beating since my last pick. I would have been happy with pretty much any of them.

PatsFan2003
11-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Hopefully he doesn't take Mike Singletary...I'm hoping he drops to the 4th

You didn't really want Singletary did you?? 8-)

PatsFan2003
11-11-2011, 12:42 AM

They are literally the same in every category too.

Xulu Bak
11-11-2011, 12:50 AM
They are literally the same in every category too.

I was pretty sure that was the case, just wanted to make sure I was remembering right.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Nice D-line you're making Xulu....I thought about going that route

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 12:53 AM
I believe it's the same route he went with before ;)

Augustus
11-11-2011, 01:00 AM
I sure wanted Mr. Cowboys

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 01:34 AM
I believe it's the same route he went with before ;)

Last time it was O-line though instead of D-line

Xulu Bak
11-11-2011, 01:57 AM
I went DL the time before last. I had White and Olsen, with a couple Vikes that time.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 02:08 AM
And we're stuck on FinsFan again....

femurov
11-11-2011, 02:14 AM
I'm checking periodically (every beer or smoke break), but if someone wants my proxy, I'll send it out.

PatsFan2003
11-11-2011, 02:14 AM
And we're stuck on FinsFan again....

LOL You aren't going to make to Round 4.

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm checking periodically (every beer or smoke break), but if someone wants my proxy, I'll send it out.

Hey Fem, shoot me or Goose your proxy. FinsFan was on LATE last night so i'm hoping he'll at least check in sometime later. He'll be OTC until 1145 AM tomorrow since the last pick was at 745PM.

femurov
11-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Sent it to both of you.

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Ok, thanks man. I have a proxy from Shanny as well, so we should definitely make some decent progress tomorrow.

femurov
11-11-2011, 02:20 AM
I should be around for a good part of the night as well to receive proxies for guys who are 3-5 picks away.

Goose31
11-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Sent it to both of you.
I got it, but I wasnt very happy with it. You know, this draft is a little different draft than the last few we've done because there are no surprises. No one is going to "forget" about anyone.

femurov
11-11-2011, 02:39 AM
I bet you I was much less happy to see that you traded down to one spot ahead of me for the rest of the draft. I was much happier with you at the top of the draft, plucking guys I knew wouldn't fall to me. Now, one of us will curse while the other one laughs, then we'll flip flop on the way back. This will go on for about 30 of the 35 rounds, I imagine.

Goose31
11-11-2011, 02:57 AM
I bet you I was much less happy to see that you traded down to one spot ahead of me for the rest of the draft. I was much happier with you at the top of the draft, plucking guys I knew wouldn't fall to me. Now, one of us will curse while the other one laughs, then we'll flip flop on the way back. This will go on for about 30 of the 35 rounds, I imagine.
That's true, my friend. We've done that in every draft we've had together.

Avelek
11-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Can we establish conferences/divisions fairly soon? I'd like to know which 10s I have to gameplan for. Dunno if anyone else agrees with that.

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey GOOSE, clean out your inbox please.

Guys, keep those inboxes cleaned out, so you can receive PM's.

Thanks!

Goose31
11-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Ok, my inbox is clean. And about to send out a bunch of trade requests.

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Darn Child....GU said he sleeps in every day and probably won't pick for a while! I told him to keep calling his ass and wake him up but apparently that doesn't work. We have Tyke on, and Goose ready to pick. We need some progress!

PatsFan2003
11-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I wish he had slept through. Nice pick on Bruce Smith. Pretty irrational that he would drop too much farther into my greedy little hands but he was getting close.

Xulu Bak
11-11-2011, 04:42 PM
tyke to trade me is otc pick imo...

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Tyke was on all morning but by the time the pick was put in, he left. Hopefully he signs on soon.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 04:48 PM
tyke to trade me is otc pick imo...

"Tyke to trade you his otc pick imo?" So in your opinion he should trade you his pick?

Shananahan
11-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for taking care of that proxy pick, MarkItAZero.

Was that too early for a guard? Am I correct in understanding that I can also play him at tackle?

Goose31
11-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Was that too early for a guard? Am I correct in understanding that I can also play him at tackle?
Not too early for Hannah at all. I thought he slid a little, actually. And I would have picked him 2 spots later had he been there. As far as playing him at Tackle, I dont see where he ever played Tackle. If you can show me where he did, we will allow it, but Pro Football Reference shows him at Guard his entire career.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 05:06 PM

I'd imagine you could play him at tackle but his ratings would go down

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I think the Hannah pick was a great one Shanny. He would likely have been my pick had he slid a little bit further.

I've never seen anywhere that Hannah played T. He was strictly a G as far as i can tell.

Shananahan
11-11-2011, 05:10 PM
As far as playing him at Tackle, I dont see where he ever played Tackle. If you can show me where he did, we will allow it, but Pro Football Reference shows him at Guard his entire career.
Yeah I don't have any basis for requesting that possibility outside of just wanting to clarify how I can play with this roster. If another quality guard is around down in the draft and a quality tackle isn't, for instance, could I take the guard and play my best at tackle? Just a thought.

Looking back over the rankings, I'm assuming the players with multiple position eligibility have those positions listed in parentheses. Yes?

PatsFan2003
11-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah I don't have any basis for requesting that possibility outside of just wanting to clarify how I can play with this roster. If another quality guard is around down in the draft and a quality tackle isn't, for instance, could I take the guard and play my best at tackle? Just a thought.

Looking back over the rankings, I'm assuming the players with multiple position eligibility have those positions listed in parentheses. Yes?

It looks that way. I'm having the same question but with defensive players. If they are listed as one position but are put in another similar position (i.e DE = DT) what's the effect? It is allowed?, a penalty? what?

I think in most cases, the player needs to be known to have played in that position but I would like some clarificatin as well.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 05:23 PM
It looks that way. I'm having the same question but with defensive players. If they are listed as one position but are put in another similar position (i.e DE = DT) what's the effect? It is allowed?, a penalty? what?

I think in most cases, the player needs to be known to have played in that position but I would like some clarificatin as well.

I believe Gooose had said previously if you could make a good case for a player playing a different position you would need 25% of the owners to agree to make them elegible. However, I do believe their rankings would likely suffer a bit since it isn't their natural position.

Goose31
11-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I just made a post in the other thread (Player Rankings Discussion Thread, I think) about this. Hopefully that will clear it up. Let me know if not.

Shananahan
11-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Damn. Good pick, tyke.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Tyke, gotta disagree with you about Elway....his Super Bowl wins were not until he also had a 2000 yard RB. Other players like my boy Peyton Manning have proved they can carry a bad team on their own.

Shananahan
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Other players like my boy Peyton Manning have proved they can carry a bad team on their own.
I'll bite. Elway carried three teams over the top to the Super Bowl in the 80s, and that's all tyke was really saying about 'elevating'. 'The Drive' comes to mind. He also started more Super Bowls than any other QB ever, regardless of the fact that he didn't win until Davis and Shanahan arrived. Manning shouldn't have half the reputation for elevating teams to a Super Bowl-level when he's only managed to get to two.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I'll bite. Elway carried three teams over the top to the Super Bowl in the 80s, and that's all tyke was really saying about 'elevating'. 'The Drive' comes to mind. He also started more Super Bowls than any other QB ever, regardless of the fact that he didn't win until Davis and Shanahan arrived. Manning shouldn't have half the reputation for elevating teams to a Super Bowl-level when he's only managed to get to two.

Were those teams that Elway played on winless teams without him? I don't think we know for sure one way or another but I doubt they were. This year has shown us Peyton's true value.

Shananahan
11-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Well that's just about the strangest/weakest argument I've seen on the matter.

tyke1doe
11-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Tyke, gotta disagree with you about Elway....his Super Bowl wins were not until he also had a 2000 yard RB. Other players like my boy Peyton Manning have proved they can carry a bad team on their own.

I'm not talking about Super Bowl wins, but getting your team to the Super Bowl. I think it's phenomenonal that without an elite receiver and running back, not to mention an undermanned, smallish defense, Elway took THREE Denver teams to the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning may be able to carry a regular season team into the post season, and he did do a very good job of getting the Colts - finally - to a Super Bowl with an outstanding come-from-behind win against the Pats, but he didn't take the Colts to three Super Bowl teams by himself. Harrison and Wayne are still better than anything Elway had to work with.

tyke1doe
11-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Were those teams that Elway played on winless teams without him? I don't think we know for sure one way or another but I doubt they were. This year has shown us Peyton's true value.

Elway was never out for a full season. So, we can't answer that. And, truly, even if Peyton has shown us his true value, that doesn't mean had he started this season, he would have taken his team to the Super Bowl. We have no question that Elway could do that, not once, not twice, not thrice ... well, you get the picture. :pleased:

Oh, and did I mention Elway's durability in not being in a situation having to miss the entire year, like Peyton? ;)

tyke1doe
11-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Goose, sorry. I made my pick before I read your email. :sad:

Goose31
11-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Can we establish conferences/divisions fairly soon? I'd like to know which 10s I have to gameplan for. Dunno if anyone else agrees with that.

Makes sense to me. Hey MIZ, when you get a chance, do you want to put all our names in the same program you used to do our draft order to select conferences? First four are in a conf, next four in the next, and so on. I'm thinking 4 conferences with only 1 division. With the same structure as the NFL playoffs minus the Super Bowl since we only have half the teams. So, 6 playoff teams. Seeds 1 and 2 get a first round bye. 6 plays at 3 and 5 plays at 4. The winners of those rounds play at the 1 and 2 seeds. Winners of that round play for the Championship.

The same reverse order the NFL uses will be determined to calculate the following year's one-round draft.

Goose31
11-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Goose, sorry. I made my pick before I read your email. :sad:
No worries, seemed to work out well for both of us as we both got our guy.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh, and did I mention Elway's durability in not being in a situation having to miss the entire year, like Peyton? ;)

You're joking on this right? I don't think Peyton missed a game until this year...and I'm not knocking Elway at all...I like him a lot as a QB....I just rank Peyton higher and think he has a better ability to carry a team.

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Makes sense to me. Hey MIZ, when you get a chance, do you want to put all our names in the same program you used to do our draft order to select conferences? First four are in a conf, next four in the next, and so on. I'm thinking 4 conferences with only 1 division. With the same structure as the NFL playoffs minus the Super Bowl since we only have half the teams. So, 6 playoff teams. Seeds 1 and 2 get a first round bye. 6 plays at 3 and 5 plays at 4. The winners of those rounds play at the 1 and 2 seeds. Winners of that round play for the Championship.

The same reverse order the NFL uses will be determined to calculate the following year's one-round draft.

Not a problem Goose. I'll set that up as soon as i get home from work.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Just a reminder...Avelek will be skipped effective 5:37 EST and MIZ will be on the clock

Goose31
11-11-2011, 09:36 PM
FYI, I'm usually around during the day, but kit or miss over the weekend. I'll be out of pocket this weekend and checking in sparingly. Just say that in ase you have a proxy to send, you might want to try someone else.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm around a lot during the week and more than others during the weekend so I'm usually good for a Proxy

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm ready to pick if avelek doesn't show.

I'll be at work all weekend but have access to kffl. You can send proxies to me.

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I've got CP's pick ready right after MIZ as long as his guy doesn't go

Avelek
11-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm here. Give me 5 minutes

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm here. Give me 5 minutes

You got 7...;)

MarkItAZero!
11-11-2011, 10:33 PM
4 minutes now....i'm ready with my draft card. i can sprint pretty fast!

GiveUp2122
11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I definitely wouldn't have traded down if I knew Brady wouldbe available this late...ridiculous value

tyke1doe
11-12-2011, 02:05 AM
You're joking on this right? I don't think Peyton missed a game until this year...and I'm not knocking Elway at all...I like him a lot as a QB....I just rank Peyton higher and think he has a better ability to carry a team.

So? Elway didn't miss a whole season for injury did he? He retired on top.

As for Peyton's better ability to carry a team, I'm sorry, but Elway is probably the best quarterback at carrying a team to Super Bowls, three teams who were seriously undermanned compared to their opponents.

Of that there is NO question, no guessing.

PatsFan2003
11-12-2011, 03:46 AM
I knew Mel Blount would go soon. Good pick.

So here I am one pick away, twiddling my thumbs. Waiting... Waiting.

Xulu Bak
11-12-2011, 04:07 AM
I knew Mel Blount would go soon. Good pick.

So here I am one pick away, twiddling my thumbs. Waiting... Waiting.

I don't think you want that pick!

PatsFan2003
11-12-2011, 04:12 AM
I don't think you want that pick!

Make me an offer I can't refuse.... 8=)

femurov
11-12-2011, 08:18 AM
I kinda hope my target goes in the next few picks. I don't want to see him fall about 6 or 7 more spots, only to have Goose swipe him up before me.

Goose31
11-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Good progress over the last 12 hours, guys. I wasnt going to check in this early, but glad I did as my pick is not too far away. Great value on Brady and especially Jack Lambert. Cant believe a stud MLB fell as far as he did. Best value pick of the draft so far, IMO.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Lambert was a tremendous pick. Especially considering a lower graded Singletary went over a round earlier.

PatsFan2003
11-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Lambert was a tremendous pick. Especially considering a lower graded Singletary went over a round earlier.

Agreed. I thought Lambert would go very quickly... So far I think ChildPlease is getting the better deal of his trade.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh, absolutely agree. I thought it was a big risk to give up that many picks just to get 2 1st rounders, even if that netted Manning and Ray Lewis. CP still has 2 more picks before GU so it's safe to say that i think he'll have a better foundation built.

His D is looking DAMN GOOD. Bruce Smith, Lambert and Ed Reed.

GiveUp2122
11-12-2011, 04:54 PM
If I had known Brady would fall so low I wouldn't have made the deal for sure....however I still like where I'm going and the draft is going just how I'd like it

As far as the trade goes so far I have traded Bruce Smith for Peyton Manning...other than that the rest were already his picks...he still has my third coming up and I have his 6th. We also swapped in a few rounds. Me and him are both happy with the trade currently

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I put Shanny's proxy in and Tyke is around now.

tyke1doe
11-12-2011, 05:33 PM
If I had known Brady would fall so low I wouldn't have made the deal for sure....however I still like where I'm going and the draft is going just how I'd like it

As far as the trade goes so far I have traded Bruce Smith for Peyton Manning...other than that the rest were already his picks...he still has my third coming up and I have his 6th. We also swapped in a few rounds. Me and him are both happy with the trade currently

If Bruce Smith had remained until my second pick, I would have taken him to have two stellar DEs. But I didn't think that would happen.

I debate taking Brady over Elway, but Elway is more mobile and playing against all-stars, I think that's a very important quality to have. Also, Tom Brady looks rather pedestrian without a strong defense and with smallish receivers. He's not as much of a Superman now. Still, good value on him.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Tyke's drafting to many WHITE's ;) Sorry man, had to do it.

Great team you've got. Franchise QB and 2 defensive studs on the DL.

tyke1doe
11-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Tyke's drafting to many WHITE's ;) Sorry man, had to do it.

Great team you've got. Franchise QB and 2 defensive studs on the DL.

Thanks.

Judging by the rankings, I should have been one of the top teams in our last all-time draft.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Good thing i've got Munoz and Larry Allen so far. I think i'll need them against some of these DL's i'm seeing.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Guys, don't forget to leave proxies if you have an upcomming pick and won't be around.

Thanks!

femurov
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Guys, don't forget to leave proxies if you have an upcomming pick and won't be around.

Thanks!

I should be around to take proxies until around 7 or so. Then, I'll forward them to MIZ and Goose.

tyke1doe
11-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Good thing i've got Munoz and Larry Allen so far. I think i'll need them against some of these DL's i'm seeing.

Yeah, if you can't get the top defensive linemen, you gotta build on the offensive line. That's a good strategy too.

BTW, when we play teams after we've picked is a computer going to decide the winner of contests?

PatsFan2003
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, if you can't get the top defensive linemen, you gotta build on the offensive line. That's a good strategy too.

BTW, when we play teams after we've picked is a computer going to decide the winner of contests?

Yes... That's the difference here.

BHamita15
11-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow, with one minute to spare! I'm really glad we have all the original guys as well. Can't believe he didnt take Elway!

Sorry again about the wait guys...shouldn't happen again. The wife is 8 months pregnant and had some complications these past few days.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Sorry again about the wait guys...shouldn't happen again. The wife is 8 months pregnant and had some complications these past few days.

No worries at all man. We all know that life gets in the way of these fantasy drafts from time to time lol.

The important thing is i hope that your wife is ok, and baby as well. My wife is pregnant as well so i know where you're coming from. I hope everything goes well for you and your family. Keep us posted.

Thanks!

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Darn CP. At work and holdin us up lol! Just kidding...although we have some guys on here ready to knock out some picks.

GiveUp, he really needs to be sending in proxies to you if at all possible. You guys are buds he should be able to trust you with short lists.

GiveUp2122
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Trust me I know MIZ...i asked if he needs me to post his pick and he said no b/c he still has to look...I wish he'd hurry up

femurov
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
We could probably knock out enough to get back to his pick.

femurov
11-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Tell him we're going to make his pick for him. Right now, we're debating between Ryan Leaf and Tony Mandarich (post roids).

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I know from past drafts....if he's at work we won't be hearing from him for a while.

GU, do you know where he works at? You should if you're friends. Call him at work lol. I'm sure they won't mind ;)

GiveUp2122
11-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I know where he works but the best way to get in touch with him is his cell...I'd say we're probably looking at a couple hours though....everyone who is around now send in proxies and we can still make some progress once he picks

femurov
11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll send one to you and MIZ, but I'm sure Goose already knows who I want!

femurov
11-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Sent to MIZ and Giveup

GiveUp2122
11-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Got it

femurov
11-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Just texted Spank. Will try to get a couple names from him, too. Should be able to get 2 or 3, but if they go, he may want to look at things when he gets home.

MarkItAZero!
11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Awesome, thanks Fem.

I think once CP signs on, we'll be able to knock out a handful of picks. I saw FinsFan as well earlier so he must know he's coming up shortly.

femurov
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow Goose! Pleasantly surprised at that pick

ChildPlease
11-13-2011, 03:10 AM
I went guys... Aren't u happy. ;)

Xulu Bak
11-13-2011, 03:52 AM
I actually think that's a little early for Randle, but justified by rankings.

femurov
11-13-2011, 05:02 AM
I agree with both statements, xulu. Spank and I are at work and he'll be picking around 3 when we get off. I never got any names from him that were available

Xulu Bak
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I just got up, will do something shortly, once I wake up.

Canada
11-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Femerov has Olsen and Marchetti on his DL......

sheesh.....

Canada
11-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Dilly has Webster and Matthews on his OL......personally I'd rather have Allen instead of Matthews but....

sheesh....

Allen is quite possibly the greatest OLineman of All Time IMO....

Canada
11-13-2011, 03:32 PM
nice DL Xulu......

sheesh.....

gonna be some pain happenin....

MarkItAZero!
11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I already got Munoz and Larry Allen Canada...somebody has to block these crazy good lines ;)

Canada
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Reggie White and Randy White on the same DL?

sheesh.....

holy shyteballs.

Canada
11-13-2011, 03:35 PM
I already got Munoz and Larry Allen Canada...somebody has to block these crazy good lines ;)

nice to have probably IMO the 2 best OLinemen to ever play........thats an awesome start

MarkItAZero!
11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Gotta win the war in the trenches! Or at least be as good as the other guys lol. Been an interesting draft thus far.

MarkItAZero!
11-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Anyone have a proxy from Goose?

Canada
11-13-2011, 03:42 PM
every team is loaded as it should be......

I actually like the Munoz/Allen start more than any combo on the DL.......
I think they can neutralize and actually win the war in the trenches vs any DL.....gotta fill it out to match Xulu and his unfugginbelievable DL....

sheesh....

Xulu Bak
11-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm curious to see how my DL will perform in the sim. Rush: 10, 9, 7, 7; run: 9, 8, 7, 6.

Xulu Bak
11-13-2011, 03:53 PM

Nope. Doubt he expected that much progress on Sat night.

MarkItAZero!
11-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Xulu, i think you're DL is going to wreak havoc against almsot every offense out there, hopefully not mine though lol. It certainly gives you the ability not to have to blitz as much to get pressure.

Xulu Bak
11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
If only I could have found a trade up for Page... :tongue3:

Canada
11-13-2011, 04:04 PM
his DL is gonna cause havoc against any team, any time......

alot of pain for Offenses.....next to impossible to neutralize it.

GiveUp2122
11-13-2011, 04:09 PM
His DL will wreck havoc but is his offense going to even be competitive? Have to see what direction he goes next.

PatsFan2003
11-13-2011, 04:48 PM

I think he's wheeling and dealing....

Goose31
11-13-2011, 05:31 PM

I've got two trades I'm working on. Sorry for the delay. Will try to have either a pick or a trade shortly.

Goose31
11-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Crud, that will be near impossible to run on.

MarkItAZero!
11-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I've got two trades I'm working on. Sorry for the delay. Will try to have either a pick or a trade shortly.

We're ready to rock! Just take the best Cowboy available Goose ;)

femurov
11-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Babe Laufenberg or Gary Hogaboom?

Goose31
11-13-2011, 05:58 PM

Dude I tried frantically to trade up for both Lilly and Manster, but to no avail.

GiveUp2122
11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Dude I tried frantically to trade up for both Lilly and Manster, but to no avail.

So....Goose....make a pick!

PatsFan2003
11-13-2011, 07:22 PM
DTs dropping like flies. Oh I hope, I really hope I don't have to consider Fat Albert.

Yellowknifer
11-13-2011, 07:33 PM
His DL will wreck havoc but is his offense going to even be competitive? Have to see what direction he goes next.

It all comes down to the sim.

I have "gut feelings" about how this sim is going to operate and I'm drafting as such. Mostly they're based on what Goose has said about it.

PatsFan2003
11-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Great players and units will certainly matter but I think the matchup and the disparity of the matchup will be the most telling. To be honest I think these simulations will surprise (for the good)

GiveUp2122
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Paging Tyke...you're up...repeat you are up...Shanny and Avelek....leave proxies if you come around...

ChildPlease
11-14-2011, 02:12 AM
I am really excited about this league. Looking forward to each pick.

Augustus
11-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Looks like quite a run on LBs before my pick.

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 04:01 AM

Yea I couldn't pass up teaming Ray Lewis with Ted Hendricks.

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 04:02 AM

You gonna pick? If not I'll give my 2 6th rounders for your OTC pick and your 8th.

Yellowknifer
11-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Patiently waiting. A large number of guys I was potentially interested in went off the board, but there's still a couple more I'd be happy to have.

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Patiently waiting. A large number of guys I was potentially interested in went off the board, but there's still a couple more I'd be happy to have.

You do know you're up now... ;^)

Avelek
11-14-2011, 05:41 AM
What about Bednarik playing center?

Yellowknifer
11-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Sorry got caught up in Boardwalk Empire (good episode).

Managed to snag a couple of passrushing terrors on the outside. Should be interesting to see how they do.

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 05:57 AM
It should definitely be pretty interesting. A lot of factors will be going on here. A lot to consider.

femurov
11-14-2011, 06:01 AM
I remember someone in the last draft saying something about DT and LT would be too much pass rush and that would be bad somehow. I'll try to dig up what their argument was.

Yellowknifer
11-14-2011, 06:05 AM
You could maybe argue that DT wasn't amazing (although solid) at anything besides passrushing (whereas LT was a bit more rounded) you might have a liability against the run or against short passes.... but then you also have two guys defenses would be stupid not to take into account on every passing down.

Goose31
11-14-2011, 06:09 AM
What about Bednarik playing center?

Yes, he can do it. But there is a rule that he cant play both at the same time. Let's say your starting Center goes down, he can move to Center, but he would need to come out of the game at LB.

Avelek
11-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Yes, he can do it. But there is a rule that he cant play both at the same time. Let's say your starting Center goes down, he can move to Center, but he would need to come out of the game at LB.

Thanks, obviously I posted this in the wrong thread lol

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 06:14 AM
You could maybe argue that DT wasn't amazing (although solid) at anything besides passrushing (whereas LT was a bit more rounded) you might have a liability against the run or against short passes.... but then you also have two guys defenses would be stupid not to take into account on every passing down.

I think Thomas was more vulnerable to being run at then LT but that's usually what needs to be done against pass rushers just in general. Or load up on good offensive lineman.

MarkItAZero!
11-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Goose....you're up! ;) Let's get this thing roooooooooolllllllllling!

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I have to say this has been fun so far (although nerve wracking as usual waiting to pick). We've just went through 5 rounds where a LOT of top notch players were picked and yet we've all really just scratched the surface. A lot of players still need to be picked and they ain't all going to be 10's..

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I have to say this has been fun so far (although nerve wracking as usual waiting to pick). We've just went through 5 rounds where a LOT of top notch players were picked and yet we've all really just scratched the surface. A lot of players still need to be picked and they ain't all going to be 10's..

Yea....each team is going to have some pretty major weaknesses

Goose31
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Goose....you're up! ;) Let's get this thing roooooooooolllllllllling!
Simmer down. I've got two trade offers on the table and if one of them accepts, you should have your pick shortly.

MarkItAZero!
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I know man, just giving you a little bit of a hard time, just kidding around. Taking up our entire morning!

Goose31
11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
No worries, I can take some punishment from you guys. You know I'm usually around and dont like holding this thing up either. Should know something in a few minutes.

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Nice pick Xulu...that's who I was trying to trade up for....interested to see what you gave up in the trade though

Goose31
11-14-2011, 03:25 PM
The last 9.5 OT, nice pick Xulu.

Canada
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Hendricks before Ham....yes its only one pick but that surprises me.....

Xulu working his lines.....good call!

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Definitely. Roosevelt Brown was a monster Olineman. No doubt he wouldn't fallen much further...

Xulu Bak
11-14-2011, 03:32 PM
That was a pricy move up, but Brown was the last upper echelon LT, actually better than a couple taken before him, and most importantly, the last 10 pass blocking LT.

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Hendricks before Ham....yes its only one pick but that surprises me.....

Xulu working his lines.....good call!

Hendricks was another one of my "all time favs". I've liked him since he was a LB with the BALTIMORE COLTS so I would have picked him over Ham too for that reason but I'll just muddle along with Ham very happily thank you. 8-) They are both top notch linebackers...

Canada
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Ham did it all and IMO is the best OLB to ever play.....no OLB had his ability to cover downfield.....

just my opinion...

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Hendricks was another one of my "all time favs". I've liked him since he was a LB with the BALTIMORE COLTS so I would have picked him over Ham too for that reason but I'll just muddle along with Ham very happily thank you. 8-) They are both top notch linebackers...

Hendricks being rated better against the run is why I chose him but you couldn't go wrong with either one. If me and PatsFan had made a trade we discussed I may have taken both

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
I remember someone in the last draft saying something about DT and LT would be too much pass rush and that would be bad somehow. I'll try to dig up what their argument was.

The problem I would see with having LT and DT is that very rarely would both be lined up to rush the passer is a 3-4. If LT is rushing then DT becomes an actual OLB and he is a big liability against the run and pass. If DT is rushing the passer then LT is still a great OLB but you take away his greatest strength of rushing the passer.

Goose31
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Guys, please note the post I just made about grades for Tight Ends in the Position Rankings discussion thread. I just notices a slight change that needs to be made. Wont effect the order, but will slightly affect their grades. I will have these completed by midnight if not sooner.

PatsFan2003
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Hendricks being rated better against the run is why I chose him but you couldn't go wrong with either one. If me and PatsFan had made a trade we discussed I may have taken both

I had a funny feeling that was your plan but since I was going to take either Ham or Hendricks with my pick, that trade was going to fall through in both directions.

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
If anyone is coming up please leave proxies...I'll be around most of the day

GiveUp2122
11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
***Clock Update*** YK's will be skipped effective 2:17 EST and at that time Augustus will be up...I see you and PatsFan around now...if either of you won't be here around then feel free to leave a proxy