PDA

View Full Version : KATD Draft Picks Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 12:33 AM
I hate proxies unless it's almost a sure thing and guess what> it never is for me. I always have last minute changes of heart and mind. As a result I usually make it a point to be around when I'm near up.

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 12:37 AM
You don't seem to hold things up much PF so someone like you doesn't need a proxy usually....however we have some repeat offenders who could benefit from using them

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 12:38 AM
I think perhaps a time limit on trades when you are otc (as part of your 4 hours). Maybe the 1st half hour. To be honest, the trade issue may be aggravating but that's not why we've had two people go close to the limit (and over).

People have jobs, lives. I have to bite my tongue sometimes because you want get your pick but this is a long haul and people might as well deal with that reality.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
So is Augustus around but trying to trade? Hell I'll trade with him. We'll swap and he can have my 35th pick. 8-) Free gratis, no charge.

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 12:47 AM
So is Augustus around but trying to trade? Hell I'll trade with him. We'll swap and he can have my 35th pick. 8-) Free gratis, no charge.

He was around and instead of picking he said he wants to trade and then headed out....

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 12:50 AM
He's got 35 minutes. Then PF is up....

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 12:55 AM
He's got 35 minutes. Then PF is up....

Ok, so who officially pulls the trigger? (I bet Augustus will be back just in time)

Augustus
11-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Sorry. Something came up. About to make a pick.

Yellowknifer
11-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Now all I need is Lawrence Phillips, Rae Carruth, Nate Newton, Michael Vick, Leonard Little & Jeremy Stevens to round out my squad of true intimidators.

If we don't beat you on the field we'll kill you in real life.

ChildPlease
11-17-2011, 01:39 AM
I PM'ed MIZ and he liked it!

Augustus
11-17-2011, 01:46 AM
After 16 picks from his first miss, which is coming soon, we start picking for team Avelek -- right? No four hour clock for the 7.7?

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 01:51 AM
That is correct. He is auto skipped. And at 16 picks, we will be making 1 replacement pick....not both.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 01:52 AM
We will make (collectively) 1 makeup pick for Avelek AFTER Xulu Bak's pick, which is right after Tyke. Then 16 picks to the next makeup for Avelek....unless of course he shows up.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Hmm. Was he the one with the wife 8 months pregnant?

Yellowknifer
11-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I think so. He'll show up, he was good in the NBA draft about it.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 02:20 AM
No, that was BHam.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 02:28 AM
No, that was BHam.

Oh really?

Well then Screw him!

Time for a run on placekickers! Who was that drunken placekicker? Vanderjack or something

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Oh really?

Well then Screw him!

Time for a run on placekickers! Who was that drunken placekicker? Vanderjack or something

Don't be name dropping...Peyton told me he'd only be on my team if Vanderjack (sp) was his kicker

dilbert719
11-17-2011, 04:04 AM
Oh really?

Well then Screw him!

Idiot Kicker was Mike Vanderjagt, and I'll gladly name drop him with the promise that I wouldn't take him if he was the last (well, OK, next to last) kicker on the list. Which he's not; he's 17th.

Nice pick on Tomlinson, by the by; he was my backup plan behind Faulk, since I wanted a RB who had max receiving skill.

There's still at least one guy out there at RB who I am FLOORED hasn't gone yet.

BHamita15
11-17-2011, 04:18 AM
No, that was BHam.

Sent you a proxy for my next 2 picks.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Idiot Kicker was Mike Vanderjagt, and I'll gladly name drop him with the promise that I wouldn't take him if he was the last (well, OK, next to last) kicker on the list. Which he's not; he's 17th.

Nice pick on Tomlinson, by the by; he was my backup plan behind Faulk, since I wanted a RB who had max receiving skill.

There's still at least one guy out there at RB who I am FLOORED hasn't gone yet.

Thanks, The last time I picked Earl Campbell and I was thinking of him again because of the type of defense's we'll face. But Tomlinson offers more options and his Rush/TD ratio is in the low 20's. The only one better was Jim Brown so what the hell.

femurov
11-17-2011, 04:41 AM
So we're gonna have to stop and pick for avelek after xulu's pick? How many owners do we need to agree on that?

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 05:06 AM
So we're gonna have to stop and pick for avelek after xulu's pick? How many owners do we need to agree on that?

I say (for the sake of time) that either MIZ or Goose just assign Avelek a player.

femurov
11-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Goose picks right after xulu, so I would say miz is the best candidate

Goose31
11-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Now all I need is Lawrence Phillips, Rae Carruth, Nate Newton, Michael Vick, Leonard Little & Jeremy Stevens to round out my squad of true intimidators.

If we don't beat you on the field we'll kill you in real life.
Not sure I get the Nate Newton reference unless its just about his drug trafficing. Guess you should have gone Ray Lewis instead of LT with your first pick. And there's another guy I could reference too, but I wouldnt mind him on my team, so I'm going to avoid the name.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Avelek is OTC and no other picks can be made (I'm next) until his pick is made. So far, he has picked:
HB Barry Sanders
QB Tom Brady
MLB Chuck Bednarik
S Ken Houston
CB Champ Bailey

I would suggest either a Left Tackle to protect Brady or a Wide Receiver for him to throw to. The highest rated players at those positions are Tackle Ron Mix or Terrell Owens.

femurov
11-17-2011, 06:44 AM
I was think o lineman, too, but I'm after goose, so I guess my opinion matters little.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 06:50 AM
In an effort to move this along (and with me and Fem both on we could knock out three picks in a row) I'm going to go ahead and select for Avelek. If there is strong disagreement, we can pull picks back. I honestly think the best thing for Av at this point is to get the best available Left Tackle. And although Ron Mix looks to have played RT his entire career, I think he could make the switch. Mix is the last available 8. Seems like the best way to go to open holes for Sanders and protect Brady, his first two picks.

femurov
11-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Double post.

ChildPlease
11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Post his pick then.

femurov
11-17-2011, 08:25 AM
He did...

Then Goose's, then mine...

femurov
11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
So Avelek comes in and wants Hutchinson and Kevin Williams. Goose gave him Ron Mix. I'd venture to say that we can make the switch and was not considering Ron Mix when I picked, but it's Goose's call.

Avelek
11-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah... My bad guys. Im completely ok with Mix if it's an issue.

femurov
11-17-2011, 08:52 AM
It's cool. It's been said before, life happens. I don't think it's an issue, since only 2 picks were made. If a whole round would have went by or something, then maybe. We'll just have to defer to Goose, though. Hopefully he checks in early and gives a verdict before any more picks come in. Fins, if you show up, I would leave a proxy instead of picking, especially if you're interested in either Mix, Williams or Hutch. And if that is the case, leave 2 names. Spank was supposed to leave a proxy last night, but never did. He works early in the morning, though, so I'll have a few names from him by the time the clock starts moving tomorrow at the very latest.

I'll be around most of the morning if people need to leave proxies, by the way.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I'll pull Mix and give him Hutch and Williams. Life happens and it's not we went well past his 2nd make up pick....

ChildPlease
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Sounds good.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I'm cool with Av switching the picks around. Glad he showed up and made his picks. Great picks, by the way. I thought Kevin WIlliams could have gone a round earlier.

And while we are talking about good picks ... does anyone realize that Fem just probably made the best pick of the draft so far? I'm pretty sure Sayers was a first round pick the first time we did an all-time draft. Actually, I think he was the 6th overall pick. That might have been a little high, but the sim loved him.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Ok, if we go 3 days in a row starting off with a skipped pick, i'm gonna jump off the roof!....ok, not i'm not but these kind of posts have generated MIA people!

Goose31
11-17-2011, 02:54 PM
We were talking yesterday about proxies and how people were scared to send named to someone who might steal their player. I dont think stealing is that much of an issue in this draft because all the players are there for you to see. No one will get forgotten. I do understand that you might be forced to change a pick based on what someone else does, however. Anyway, FF4L is OTC and I'm up next and I was thinking ... I should just send him my pick and say this is my proxy, post your pick and my pick together. That ensures me I get my guy and he cant steal him. I guess that's probably not in the spirit of the draft, huh?

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I'm cool with Av switching the picks around. Glad he showed up and made his picks. Great picks, by the way. I thought Kevin WIlliams could have gone a round earlier.

And while we are talking about good picks ... does anyone realize that Fem just probably made the best pick of the draft so far? I'm pretty sure Sayers was a first round pick the first time we did an all-time draft. Actually, I think he was the 6th overall pick. That might have been a little high, but the sim loved him.

I'm glad Av is back in the fold. I think the switch to his original picks is a non-issue because it was basically late at night.

I agree that Sayers is a good pickup BUT I'm sure the reason he slid is that his playing time in the NFL is woefully small. With all of the discussion around around durability and injuries a player like Sayers should absolutely be affected. And there really isn't much we can do because his numbers aren't even close. (and I don't think a special "Sayers" rule would be appropriate at all). If the sim issue around injuries is made more lenient (which again I personally have no problem with 8-) ) then Sayers will be a certified steal.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
We were talking yesterday about proxies and how people were scared to send named to someone who might steal their player. I dont think stealing is that much of an issue in this draft because all the players are there for you to see. No one will get forgotten. I do understand that you might be forced to change a pick based on what someone else does, however. Anyway, FF4L is OTC and I'm up next and I was thinking ... I should just send him my pick and say this is my proxy, post your pick and my pick together. That ensures me I get my guy and he cant steal him. I guess that's probably not in the spirit of the draft, huh?

It's also the priorities can change very quickly with just one or two pick. I think there has only be one case so for me where I KNEW I would take 1 or the other of two picks without a doubt. Other then that, my short list always changed even when I was otc.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
It just seems like we always start the day on someone who is around the least. I'm not pointing fingers (ok sorta) but like you said Goose, it's a ranking based draft. Every player is out there for you to see. And lets say you send me a proxy. If i don't pick for 12, 13, 14 picks, how am i going to steal your player (or anyone for that matter). I'm not trading any picks in this draft and frankly if someone was dick enough to do that, they'd get called on it and penalized.

If you KNOW you can't log on at work, or can't get on until a certain time in the day, leave a list with 2 names. That's it. It's not hard and saves a lot of time.

Augustus
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
We were talking yesterday about proxies and how people were scared to send named to someone who might steal their player. I dont think stealing is that much of an issue in this draft because all the players are there for you to see. No one will get forgotten. I do understand that you might be forced to change a pick based on what someone else does, however.While I think the temptation to look at a proxy is great, I would trust everyone here to not share the information with other players. I would feel comfortable sending a proxy to anyone here so long as he is not picking before me.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
PF, i see where you are coming from but what's worse? Being skipped and missing a ton of players because you were paranoid or worried about changing your mind, or leaving a list with a name you'll be happy with?

If you're 2 or 3 picks out and leave a list with 2 names on it, you're very likely getting a player you want, rather than not sending a list and possibly being skipped and missing a ton of players.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 03:20 PM
PF, i see where you are coming from but what's worse? Being skipped and missing a ton of players because you were paranoid or worried about changing your mind, or leaving a list with a name you'll be happy with?

If you're 2 or 3 picks out and leave a list with 2 names on it, you're very likely getting a player you want, rather than not sending a list and possibly being skipped and missing a ton of players.

For me? I usually make it a point to be around when I'm likely to be called. I have one of them new fangled smart phones and while the browser window is small I can make picks if I have to. The only time even that is an issue is if I'm driving on the road.

But that's me...

I understand the frustration but we do have a 4 hour wait for a very good reason. And to be honest, 4 hours is usually sufficient. It we didn't it should be like 15 minutes like your typical fantasy draft. Yes a proxy would be nice and the polite thing to do but it shouldn't be a requirement..

If you want to make that a requirement for the next draft then do it then, not now. I'm sure the makeup of the draft members would likely be different.

Sorry. I obviously get frustrated like everyone but you have to take a step back and realize where this draft fits in the grand scheme of things. (i.e don't worry be happy)

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Keep preaching MIZ...

femurov
11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
For me? I usually make it a point to be around when I'm likely to be called. I have one of them new fangled smart phones and while the browser window is small I can make picks if I have to. The only time even that is an issue is if I'm driving on the road.

But that's me...

I understand the frustration but we do have a 4 hour wait for a very good reason. And to be honest, 4 hours is usually sufficient. It we didn't it should be like 15 minutes like your typical fantasy draft. Yes a proxy would be nice and the polite thing to do but it shouldn't be a requirement..

If you want to make that a requirement for the next draft then do it then, not now. I'm sure the makeup of the draft members would likely be different.

Sorry. I obviously get frustrated like everyone but you have to take a step back and realize where this draft fits in the grand scheme of things. (i.e don't worry be happy)

Yeah, right behind my fantasy teams. Then life, then work. Maybe Bham has a solid excuse if his wife pops out a kid. Although, he does have 2 other ones, but I'm assuming his wife kinda wants him there. ;)

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Bham has been awesome with leaving proxies.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm glad he's been good about it, because I wouldnt feel right about skipping someone when they are tending to the birth of a kid. Congrats to you, by the way BHam!

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm glad he's been good about it, because I wouldnt feel right about skipping someone when they are tending to the birth of a kid. Congrats to you, by the way BHam!

You just don't have that killer instinct Goose! j/k j/k

femurov
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I have a proxy for Spanky, by the way.

Augustus
11-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I have a proxy for Spanky, by the way.Damn. If I fail to get Fins pick, I wanted to to try to trade for Spanky's. Do you have contact with him, such that you could relay an offer before making the proxy pick?

femurov
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Damn. If I fail to get Fins pick, I wanted to to try to trade for Spanky's. Do you have contact with him, such that you could relay an offer before making the proxy pick?

I do. He's at work, so depending on how busy he his, he may not be able to negotiate fully. PM me an offer and I'll text it to him.

Augustus
11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I do. He's at work, so depending on how busy he his, he may not be able to negotiate fully. PM me an offer and I'll text it to him.Thanks. Will do. I've already made an offer to FinsFan though, so I need to see first how that plays out.

femurov
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I understand. I'll tell him it's contingent on Finsfan not taking your offer and not taking your player. If you want to get the details out of the way while we're waiting on Fins

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Well if finny doesn't show then he's skipped so that offer won't matter. Also if spank can't be gotten a hold of the put his proxy in. I've got a list from Bham.

femurov
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I have a proxy for Spanky, by the way.

I'll be around for most of the day, but if you want, I can pass it along to you guys. I have to run down the street for a sec, but I'll be home in about 10 minutes.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah, right behind my fantasy teams. Then life, then work. Maybe Bham has a solid excuse if his wife pops out a kid. Although, he does have 2 other ones, but I'm assuming his wife kinda wants him there. ;)

Hehe. Well I AM doing this from work right now. But no, I can't do this all day... God knows if they actually seriously monitor my web traffic my KFFL usage will be baaaaddd.

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Hehe. Well I AM doing this from work right now. But no, I can't do this all day... God knows if they actually seriously monitor my web traffic my KFFL usage will be baaaaddd.

Work is the best time for KFFL...at least it is for me...;)

femurov
11-17-2011, 05:43 PM
There's a rule we had in one of these, maybe, or it might have been a mock draft or something, but any way, the rule was if you got skipped, you got time taken off your next picks. I believe we had a 6 hour limit for whatever exercise this was, but if you missed once, if went down to 5 hours, twice, 4 hours, three times 3 hours. I think you got replaced if you missed more than 3 times, but that was that. I know it's tough to change the rules, but it is frustrating for us waiting around for someone who has gone over the time before.

Xulu Bak
11-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I think that was DC's mock draft.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
1 hour until we skip finny.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Goose, put your pick in....we're moving along.

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone got a proxy from Goose?

Augustus
11-17-2011, 07:14 PM
He went to gym. Said he'd be back before long. He is considering trading with me.

femurov
11-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone got a proxy from Goose?

Not me... I imagine he's checking in, or has at least checked in at some point this morning and will check in soon to make his pick.

femurov
11-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Either that, or he went to the gym and will be back soon and is considering trading the pick...

;)

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Pretty odd Goose would just leave us hanging knowing that he'd be OTC by 2 EST.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Sorry guys, gone longer than I expected. Hopefully we can kick off a nice roll now.

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Now MIZ is MIA with BHam's proxy...weird day

dilbert719
11-17-2011, 08:13 PM
And the winner for best value thus far in the draft goes to Finny, for getting a top-5 RB in the arse-end of the 7th.

I was wondering just how long Dickerson was going to fall; if he somehow made it to me at the end of the 8th, I'd have had to take him even with Faulk on the roster.

finsfan4life
11-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I re-checked a couple of times to make sure nobody drafted him. I couldn't believe he was still around.

femurov
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I was debating between him and Sayers. I actually decided I would take them both, with my next pick coming up. Had Miz been around to post BHam's proxy and Goose picked right away, I would have got them.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice pick. I think it was because of his relatively high fumble to rush attempt ratio. i.e He had a bad reputation for fumbling. Anyways, that's my thought. Although it wasn't much worse then Earl Campbells. That said, everything else was great and I'm sure the sim will reflect that.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 08:27 PM
I also really like the Kevin Greene pick but I was afraid his 3-4 talents wouldn't mesh with my 4-3 lineup sooo.....

femurov
11-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow... my head is spinning... I need a sec while Goose picks.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 08:40 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS FF4L??????? I was just about to take Washington and thought it was going to be a round or two too early. Guess he's the greatest true Run Stuffing NT.

Crap, crap, crap. Sorry guys, I'll need a minute to go back to the drawing board. I guess I should have gone Washington, then George and not the other way around.

femurov
11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I have to jump in the shower. Sent a 1 man proxy to MIZ in hopes that Goose doesn't take him. If he does, I'll be back in about 20 minutes or so.

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Goose....you making Thomas an OLB in your 4-3?

Goose31
11-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Man, its really tough to build a suitable 3-4 Defense in this competition. Sure, someone will pick a guy like Curly Culp to be their Nose Tackle, but just wait when everyone starts bitching that you have a 165 lb Nose. Lots of good OLBs to go around in the 3-4, but just not many true NTs. I know I've given my strategy away now, but to hell with it. Beat me anyway!

BTW, nice pick up FF4L! Good luck with Washington. (I hope he tears a simulated ACL) -- I kid, I kid!!!

finsfan4life
11-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I have to jump in the shower. Sent a 1 man proxy to MIZ in hopes that Goose doesn't take him. If he does, I'll be back in about 20 minutes or so.

A 20 minute shower? Mmmmkay. :)

Yeah, I'm happy that I was able to get Ted Washington. I think he's the best NT in the history of the NFL.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Goose....you making Thomas an OLB in your 4-3?
You GD right I am. Our KATD bible (Pro Football Reference) tells us that DT played OLB in a 4-3 in 1994, 1999, and half of 1992. If I had not found that out, I would have stayed with the 3-4. But he did it, and made two Pro Bowls doing it, so it shouldnt be too much of a stretch. He's still going to blitz most of the time anyway as that was obviously his strength and the sim grades reflect that.

Augustus
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS FF4L??????? I was just about to take Washington and thought it was going to be a round or two too early. Guess he's the greatest true Run Stuffing NT.You don't necessarily need a huge guy in the middle clogging up space to run the 3-4. Jay Ratliff isn't a prototypical NT, yet he is almost always double-teamed and is highly effective.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
A 20 minute shower? Mmmmkay. :)

Yeah, I'm happy that I was able to get Ted Washington. I think he's the best NT in the history of the NFL.
No question he is. At least in the sense of the way the game is played today with massive dudes and what not. Jamal Williams is pretty close, I guess.

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
You GD right I am. Our KATD bible (Pro Football Reference) tells us that DT played OLB in a 4-3 in 1994, 1999, and half of 1992. If I had not found that out, I would have stayed with the 3-4. But he did it, and made two Pro Bowls doing it, so it shouldnt be too much of a stretch. He's still going to blitz most of the time anyway as that was obviously his strength and the sim grades reflect that.

As a Chiefs fan, I know he pretty much always played on the line (sometimes up and sometimes down)....I would personally make him a DE in a 4/3 since the SIM shouldn't put him in a position to rush the passer as much as a 4/3 olb....but jusy mu opinion

Goose31
11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I know he pretty much always played on the line (sometimes up and sometimes down)....I would personally make him a DE in a 4/3 since the SIM shouldn't put him in a position to rush the passer as much as a 4/3 olb....but jusy mu opinion
yeah, that's a good idea. He doesnt have eligibility there according to PRF, but I did have a (DE) eligibility next to DeMarcus Ware and he never officially played DE. His LB grade would carry over to DE the exact same.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Well so Dan Hampton goes... I blame FinsFan of course..

Yellowknifer
11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Well, at least I know for sure I'm going to get one of my guys with my next pick. I'd probably trade back if the offer was right as well.

finsfan4life
11-17-2011, 09:46 PM
You don't necessarily need a huge guy in the middle clogging up space to run the 3-4.

Yeah, but having a huge guy in the middle is not a bad thing. Especially when he's as good as Ted Washington.

finsfan4life
11-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Well so Dan Hampton goes... I blame FinsFan of course..

I should just draft T.O. with my next pick, because you all hate to love me! :cheesy:

MarkItAZero!
11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey avelek fan you please leave a short proxy with someone for your upcoming pick. Thanks man.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I should just draft T.O. with my next pick, because you all hate to love me! :cheesy:

I think Yellowknifer is working on the all-psycho group... :tongue3:

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, but having a huge guy in the middle is not a bad thing. Especially when he's as good as Ted Washington.

I was surprised his run D rating wasn't higher because he was just great in the middle.

Yellowknifer
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Hands off Rae Carruth. He's my secret weapon ("Hey Rae, go kill Manning before the game, ok? I'll give you a few thousand a month for the next 18 years")

GiveUp2122
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
So MIZ.....divisjons??

Goose31
11-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I was surprised his run D rating wasn't higher because he was just great in the middle.
Yeah, I dont disagree. I gave him the highest possible run grade for his overall grade. And I put him above a lot of guys that had a lot more credentials than him. Even a few hall of famers at that position. Matter of fact, he's the highest ranked DT who is not in the Hall or wont probably be in the Hall one day.

femurov
11-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Hands off Rae Carruth. He's my secret weapon ("Hey Rae, go kill Manning before the game, ok? I'll give you a few thousand a month for the next 18 years")

And my car has a very spacious trunk to hide in.

PatsFan2003
11-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I dont disagree. I gave him the highest possible run grade for his overall grade. And I put him above a lot of guys that had a lot more credentials than him. Even a few hall of famers at that position. Matter of fact, he's the highest ranked DT who is not in the Hall or wont probably be in the Hall one day.

Yeah too bad. He was really, really good as a run-stopper and human wall of resistance. You didn't move Ted Washington. The Patriots in 2003 started out in the pre-season with the same porous run defense they had in 2002. Belichick trades for Ted Washington and bang, they end up with a great run-defense. Funny that.

But yeah he probably won't make the HOF.

Goose31
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah too bad. He was really, really good as a run-stopper and human wall of resistance. You didn't move Ted Washington. The Patriots in 2003 started out in the pre-season with the same porous run defense they had in 2002. Belichick trades for Ted Washington and bang, they end up with a great run-defense. Funny that.

But yeah he probably won't make the HOF.
People that truly understand the game probably wouldnt object if he did.

Yellowknifer
11-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately football writers vote for the hall. LOL.

The football HOF is kind of a joke IMO (biggest joke of all of them, baseball's HOF is easily the best of the bunch, despite Rose not being in it).

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Tyke is skipped at 8:09 PM EST

Shanny is around and signed on now, and Avelek said via PM that he is off and should be available when i asked for a proxy.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Not like Tyke to be gone for this long.

Augustus
11-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Tyke is skipped at 8:09 PM ESTLooks to me like time for Shanny to pick.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 01:14 AM
I want to put in place a time penalty for repeat offenders of missed picks. Once you are skipped a 2nd time, you lose an hour off your clock. If you miss a 3rd pick, you'll get 2 hours, so on and so forth...

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Avelek is up and has been notified.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Hey, cool that you got your favorite player, Av! ... (just another reason why Xulu is a bastard for not trading me Bob Lilly!)

Canada
11-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Atkins in Rd8???

well done Shananananananhan.

LOVE the Andy Robustelli pick too.

tyke1doe
11-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Not like Tyke to be gone for this long.

Sorry, my son had a basketball game tonight, then had to take his friend home. Then had to help the kids with their homework, and they need to use my computer.

But I'm okay with being skipped.

Xulu Bak
11-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Atkins in Rd8???

I was about to comment on that pick. He's easily one of the most underrated players in NFL history. Should be no worse than the 4th ranked DE, but alas, that is not the case.

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Sorry, my son had a basketball game tonight, then had to take his friend home. Then had to help the kids with their homework, and they need to use my computer.

But I'm okay with being skipped.

So you can pick now?

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah Atkins definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves...

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey GiveUp, go wake up your pal Child! I'm ready to pick lol.

Canada
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I was about to comment on that pick. He's easily one of the most underrated players in NFL history. Should be no worse than the 4th ranked DE, but alas, that is not the case.

and Robustelli was a total steal also......TOTAL steal.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Everyone ready for our daily 4 hour wait? I texted CP that he is up but the odds of him being awake in the next 2-3 hours isn't good...maybe he'll prove me wrong

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Run over to his house! Drive, fly, whatever it takes! We have Avelek on as well.....damn it, let's rollllllll!

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Well there are a lot of very good DE's in NFL history, yes, better than Atkins but Atkins was definitely underappreciated. A great pick here.

Augustus
11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Then had to help the kids with their homework, and they need to use my computer.This is All-time fantasy! You need to get your priorities right!

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Paul Krause is a huge steal at this level. I was stunned he wasn't picked sooner.

Yellowknifer
11-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I considered Krause pretty strongly to complete my backfield, but opted for a more rounded approach.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Damnit, Avelek was on all morning.....typical Eagles fans! I kid, i kid.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Damnit, Avelek was on all morning.....typical Eagles fans! I kid, i kid.

And I'm sure it's safe to assume no proxy was left

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Like i proposed yesterday. I'd like to implement the following: Once you miss 2 picks your draft clock goes down to 3 hours, if you miss a 3rd, you get 2 hours, so on and so forth down to an hour with 4 or more missed picks.

What say you?

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I considered Krause pretty strongly to complete my backfield, but opted for a more rounded approach.

Yes there are always priorities but I thought he would fall much sooner.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Like i proposed yesterday. I'd like to implement the following: Once you miss 2 picks your draft clock goes down to 3 hours, if you miss a 3rd, you get 2 hours, so on and so forth down to an hour with 4 or more missed picks.

What say you?

Sounds good except I'd say one miss pick takes you down to 3 hours...

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Sounds good except I'd say one miss pick takes you down to 3 hours...

Well there are some with 1 miss already, so i wanted to give everyone a shot to avoid automatically losing an hour right away.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Well there are some with 1 miss already, so i wanted to give everyone a shot to avoid automatically losing an hour right away.

I was thinking we would just start it effective immediately and not penalize previous people who have missed

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 04:58 PM
We definitely need some more input before anything becomes official. We'll go with the majority.

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I think losing an hour is a good solution. If people are having problems with the deadline, 3 hours is no worse then 4. Or 5 for that matter. There's usually been a good reason but at least the rest of the group won't suffer.

I'll vote yay.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 05:09 PM
I completely understand that life happens and we all are in different situations. My issue is when you are able to sign on for a good while, see that you have a pick upcoming and then don't leave a proxy when stepping out. Avelek was on all morning, was 2 picks away from selecting and then left, for whatever reason. My wife is pregnant, i work, i have things that come up. Granted, i'm around more than most, but i would always leave a proxy if i knew i couldn't or wouldn't be around a computer.

And i have a proxy from Shanny, Tyke is on, Goose is here, Fem has been around off and on.....By Avelek disappearing and not leaving anything it holds up what could be a long run of picks.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 05:14 PM
I completely understand that life happens and we all are in different situations. My issue is when you are able to sign on for a good while, see that you have a pick upcoming and then don't leave a proxy when stepping out. Avelek was on all morning, was 2 picks away from selecting and then left, for whatever reason. My wife is pregnant, i work, i have things that come up. Granted, i'm around more than most, but i would always leave a proxy if i knew i couldn't or wouldn't be around a computer.

And i have a proxy from Shanny, Tyke is on, Goose is here, Fem has been around off and on.....By Avelek disappearing and not leaving anything it holds up what could be a long run of picks.
Hey, congrats!

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks Goose! We should be finding out whether it's a boy or girl next week at the scheduled appointment. We're both very excited.

Augustus
11-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd support the drop to 3 hours. Having only 2 hours in an online draft sounds too short to me though. We're all anxious to get to our next pick, but there isn't really a time-based milestone to be met.

Augustus
11-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks Goose! We should be finding out whether it's a boy or girl next week at the scheduled appointment. We're both very excited.Being a Dad is the coolest job in the world, except perhaps being a grandpa, like me. Congratulations! Is this your first?

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd support the drop to 3 hours. Having only 2 hours in an online draft sounds too short to me though. We're all anxious to get to our next pick, but there isn't really a time-based milestone to be met.

The 3 hour, 2 hour, and 1 hour time limit would only be for people who are getting skipped....if you don't want a lower limit then you send a proxy if you won't be around

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Being a Dad is the coolest job in the world, except perhaps being a grandpa, like me. Congratulations! Is this your first?

Yes, first child for both of us. Everyone keeps saying we'll have a boy but i know i'm destined for girl(s) lol. Probably payback for my childhood antics haha.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Very cool. We didnt find out. I liked the idea of the one true 'surprise' ... and had boys both times. One is 3 and the other will be 6 months tomorrow.

femurov
11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Never understood the surprise element. Too much planning goes into these things, imo. You have a lot of people who are ready to buy you all kinds of clothes and such. You want a name ready. Studies say they can hear you while in the womb the last few months and recognize the families voices if you talk to the stomach. Gets them a bit of a head start in learning their own name. But, that's just me.

femurov
11-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm down with the penalty, but I say maybe cap it off at 2 hours.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I think that is a good compromise. Penalty for missing 1 pick is you lose an hour, miss 2 picks (or more) and you'll lose 2 hours. Everyone would start now with a clean slate.

femurov
11-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Yup... looks like tyke is up and on, then me, Goose, me again, then Fins. We should be able to do some rapid fire when his pick comes in.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Anyone got a proxy for Fins or we gonna be stuck there?

Goose31
Never understood the surprise element. Too much planning goes into these things, imo. You have a lot of people who are ready to buy you all kinds of clothes and such. You want a name ready. Studies say they can hear you while in the womb the last few months and recognize the families voices if you talk to the stomach. Gets them a bit of a head start in learning their own name. But, that's just me.
That's all overblown. I'm not one who thinks these kids have to wear all pink and blue depending on the sex. And the animal prints in the nursery works for Jack or Jill. We had a handful of boys name and a handful of girls names and waited until we saw him. Then named the little sucker. For us, we didnt run into any problems with not knowing the sex either time. I guess the most difficult part was reminding the techs at the sonogram that we didnt want to know.

Besides, baby looks good coming home from the hospital in a Cowboys onesie.

femurov
Do I have to PM you, Goose?

femurov
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
To each, his own... I'm just saying... it ain't for me. I also didn't cut the cord, though. Way I see it, it ain't my job. You don't come into my bar and make your own drinks! I paid good money for this, you ain't getting off making me do your work!

Goose31
11-18-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm here. I was hoping Xulu would repond to this minor trade we were talking about. Xulu, if you want that offer, let me know. Otherwise, I will pick.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Goose, i think it's time to pull the trigger on Nate Newton. ;)

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 07:15 PM
So....Goose....you're up....doesn't look like Xulu is signed on...

Goose31
11-18-2011, 07:19 PM
I'll pick at 2:30 EST if I havent heard back. Surely, we can wait 11 mins.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 07:20 PM
10 mintues and counting lol....

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 07:25 PM
6 to go by my clock ;)

femurov
11-18-2011, 07:28 PM
It's not this 10 minutes, it's the 10 extra minutes we may have to wait for fins fan if he doesn't show. Although he does usually check in around this time every day, so we should be OK.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 07:29 PM
There she blows.....time to enter a pick. Goose to the podium.

MarkItAZero!
11-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm heading out for the day/evening. I won't be able to update the draft board with any more picks this evening but should be back late to do so if needed. I'll check in a few times on my phone to keep track of things.

Nice progress today guys.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice pick of Schmidt, fem. I thought he slipped a little bit. I had him ranked higher than Bill George who I took in the 7th, but wanted George's superior Run stopping to Schmidt's ability to play the pass. Obviously, I took George a round too early.

John Mackey was selected with pick # 9.11 and that's no coincidence, because he is going to BLOW this league UP! (Too soon? I used to live in NYC, so I can say stuff live that.) Anyway, imagine a TE who averages almost 16 YPC. He will run past your linebackers and run over your Safeties. Put a corner on him and he will catch jump balls all day long. He might catch 80 balls in my offense.

Augustus
11-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I think that is a good compromise. Penalty for missing 1 pick is you lose an hour, miss 2 picks (or more) and you'll lose 2 hours. Everyone would start now with a clean slate.I'd go along with that if you want to call a vote.

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Nice pick of Schmidt, fem. I thought he slipped a little bit. I had him ranked higher than Bill George who I took in the 7th, but wanted George's superior Run stopping to Schmidt's ability to play the pass. Obviously, I took George a round too early.

John Mackey was selected with pick # 9.11 and that's no coincidence, because he is going to BLOW this league UP! (Too soon? I used to live in NYC, so I can say stuff live that.) Anyway, imagine a TE who averages almost 16 YPC. He will run past your linebackers and run over your Safeties. Put a corner on him and he will catch jump balls all day long. He might catch 80 balls in my offense.

Yeah great, great pick. I was hoping people's attentions were focused elsewhere because TE's weren't being touched. Unfortunately I don't think the sim will be able to quite simulate what kind of havoc Mackey did in his prime but I'm sure he'll make your pick look good.

Yellowknifer
11-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I liked the Mackey pick. I considered him and Krause quite seriously before deciding on Dent.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 08:11 PM
The Motley pick deserves some kudos as well. I thought he would have been about a 4th round pick.

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 08:21 PM
The Motley pick deserves some kudos as well. I thought he would have been about a 4th round pick.

Big Ditto.

femurov
11-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I was considering him. I decided FB was more of a luxory position though.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Time for the run on TE's and FB's....don't let me down guys ;)

Xulu Bak
11-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I need confirmation on a couple things real quick before I pick:

Yale Lary can be used as both my starting FS and punter (and PR if I don't draft someone better) during the same game, correct?

Also, he really is a 9 (as a FS), right? Cause that seems a bit ridiculous, but that's what I'm seeing on my spreadsheet.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 09:15 PM

Yale Lary can be used as both my starting FS and punter (and PR if I don't draft someone better) during the same game, correct?

Also, he really is a 9 (as a FS), right? Cause that seems a bit ridiculous, but that's what I'm seeing on my spreadsheet.

He is a 9 but I believe can only be played at one position.

Goose31
11-18-2011, 09:20 PM

Yes, that is all true.

femurov
11-18-2011, 09:20 PM
I have him as a 9 also. Not sure if you can use him as your starting punter, but I'm pretty sure you can use him as your PR.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Yea he could be your returner but not punter

Xulu Bak
11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes, that is all true.

Fantastic. Not only have I once again avoided drafting a gimpy ass punter, but my punter is (presumably) a pretty good tackler!

PatsFan2003
11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I have him as a 9 too but just a punter... not a punt returner. He played in the 50's where double duty was common.

Xulu Bak
11-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I have him as a 9 too but just a punter... not a punt returner. He played in the 50's where double duty was common.

He's on the PR list, near the bottom. He wasn't particularly good at it, although, he did have three TDs. In all likelihood, I'll draft someone else for that role.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Fantastic. Not only have I once again avoided drafting a gimpy ass punter, but my punter is (presumably) a pretty good tackler!

So you drafted him as a punter and not as a safety? He can only be one or the other

Xulu Bak
11-18-2011, 09:33 PM
So you drafted him as a punter and not as a safety? He can only be one or the other

Of course not. I drafted him as my FS, and according to Goose, he can also serve as my punter. Just as Primetime can double as a PR, Sayers can double as a KR, etc., which was what I thought, just wanted confirmation.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 09:34 PM
My bad...thought it said somewhere that someone can only play one position at a time unless it is as a returner

edit - after reading the rules again I see I was mistaken and someone can play a regular position and also any special teams position

femurov
11-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Anyone have a proxy on Bham?

Goose31
11-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Exactly, Give, a player can do double duty from Offense to Special Teams (P, K, PR, or KR) or Defense to Special Teams. He just cannot start at both an offensive position and a Defensive position such as using Bednarik at MLB and Center. Or using Red Grange at Halfback and Cornerback. If you have an injury and need to move Bednarik from MLB to Center in the middle of a game (or even to start a game) you can, but he will not be able to play MLB that game. That would be a possibility if you didnt have any back-up linemen, but you did have a back up Inside Linebacker.

ChildPlease
11-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Paul Krause is a huge steal at this level. I was stunned he wasn't picked sooner.

Agreed thanks

ChildPlease
11-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Sorry about waiting for me each time, I usually know between 3-4 guys I like when I'm up, but at least I pick or leave proxies.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Sorry about waiting for me each time, I usually know between 3-4 guys I like when I'm up, but at least I pick or leave proxies.

Nice pick of Harrison...douche

ChildPlease
11-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice pick of Harrison...douche

Sorry buddy.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Sorry buddy.

It's cool man...I'm only slighty serious

BHamita15
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm here...pick will be in 5 mins.

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Awesome BHam...good to see you around so quickly

ChildPlease
11-18-2011, 10:24 PM
2 picks BHam

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 10:46 PM
BHam...you're 5 mins is up x4

BHamita15
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
BHam...you're 5 mins is up x4

Geez...captain literal is here apparently. ;)

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Geez...captain literal is here apparently. ;)

Damn straight! ;)

femurov
11-18-2011, 11:55 PM
So, Xulu has back to back picks?

GiveUp2122
11-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Yea...assuming he confirms the trade

GiveUp2122
11-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Pick again Xulu....Ray Nitsche was picked in the 4th

femurov
11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Can I draft Mike Singletary?

Xulu Bak
11-19-2011, 12:16 AM
I thought it was weird that he would still be avail, but when I tried to 'find' him, there were no hits.

GiveUp2122
11-19-2011, 12:18 AM
I thought it was weird that he would still be avail, but when I tried to 'find' him, there were no hits.

I think you got a copy of Goose's spreadsheet....easiest thing to do is mark the people that have been taken in red....it helps a lot

femurov
11-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Those annoying ads at the bottom will sometimes cover up someone who hits on those searches. Kind of a pain in the a$$, if you ask me.

Augustus
11-19-2011, 12:34 AM
What ads? I don't see any ads.

Xulu Bak
11-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I think you got a copy of Goose's spreadsheet....easiest thing to do is mark the people that have been taken in red....it helps a lot

That's what I've been doing, but apparently missed Nitschke.

MarkItAZero!
11-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Im pretty sure we skipped FinsFan there in round 10.....Femurov picked Cris Carter out of turn unless i missed a trade....i think

Xulu Bak
11-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Im pretty sure we skipped FinsFan there in round 10.....Femurov picked Cris Carter out of turn unless i missed a trade....i think

I traded for finsfans pick, that's why I made two (quiet you!) picks.

MarkItAZero!
11-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Ok sounds good. Were up to goose then.

Yellowknifer
11-19-2011, 04:43 AM
I figured his QB rankings were pointless. Sly devil indeed.

Augustus
11-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Wow. Even though there's no doubt his rankings will improve next year and beyond, not sure I get the strategy of picking a backup before a starter. I was planning to take DeMarcus Ware with my next pick had he not been taken a few picks ago on the expectation that his rankings also will improve, but I was going to make him a starter this year. He'd have probably been around for quite a while, as well. Why does this work for you, Goose?

Yellowknifer
11-19-2011, 04:54 AM
It works because if you look at his rankings there's nothing about them that isn't arbitrary. The only numbers that really seem important are their career numbers.

ChildPlease
11-19-2011, 05:22 AM
So does the rankings of players matter or do all stats. For ex QB. Does HoF matter or total #'s

Goose31
11-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Rodgers just seems to be working his way into elite status that I wanted him as a "futures" pick. I'm not planning on starting him this season, but he does seem to be the most valuable back-up option and I figured with no one else out there that I had to have at the moment, I would take a bit of a risk in drafting a guy I might not play at all. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Ndomakong Suh get taken at some point late eventhough he will suck this year. And eventhough he's ranked 24th at his postion, Nick Mangold will be a great pick for someone.

He's a 2 out of 10 in Durability. I really have no idea what that will mean for any of these players since I havent ever played this version of the game and Durability is a new rating for this version.

I've said all along that QBs are the one position that are primarily based on stats. Only their running ability gets a "grade." All that being said, I wouldnt recommend anyone pick a QB bases solely on his stats. The one season of this game that I played, the team that won the Super Bowl was QBed by Otto Graham. And I want to say he faced Sid Luckman in that game. And those guys dont have great numbers.

ChildPlease
11-19-2011, 05:35 AM
So the rank does matter?

Yellowknifer
11-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Rodgers just seems to be working his way into elite status that I wanted him as a "futures" pick. I'm not planning on starting him this season, but he does seem to be the most valuable back-up option and I figured with no one else out there that I had to have at the moment, I would take a bit of a risk in drafting a guy I might not play at all. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Ndomakong Suh get taken at some point late eventhough he will suck this year. And eventhough he's ranked 24th at his postion, Nick Mangold will be a great pick for someone.

He's a 2 out of 10 in Durability. I really have no idea what that will mean for any of these players since I havent ever played this version of the game and Durability is a new rating for this version.

I've said all along that QBs are the one position that are primarily based on stats. Only their running ability gets a "grade." All that being said, I wouldnt recommend anyone pick a QB bases solely on his stats. The one season of this game that I played, the team that won the Super Bowl was QBed by Otto Graham. And I want to say he faced Sid Luckman in that game. And those guys dont have great numbers.

Graham's numbers are quite good actually. Just get him to throw more and he's putting up huge yardage and a lot of TDs at a 2:1 TD int ratio. His YPA is I think the highest and his completion % is reasonable.

Yellowknifer
11-19-2011, 06:19 AM
So the rank does matter?

Only the categories listed with numbers. Otherwise it's their numbers, I sort of wonder if the game doesn't take playoff winning % into account for clutchness factor, it's something I'd probably do (maybe also look at 4th quarter comebacks but those stats aren't easily available).

ChildPlease
11-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Only the categories listed with numbers. Otherwise it's their numbers, I sort of wonder if the game doesn't take playoff winning % into account for clutchness factor, it's something I'd probably do (maybe also look at 4th quarter comebacks but those stats aren't easily available).

If u did that then 2 minute drill should count but agree, it's too much.

ChildPlease
11-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Tyke clear ur PM box

femurov
11-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, good luck with that, CP.

PatsFan2003
11-19-2011, 04:15 PM
So the rank does matter?

I think it does, but the question is how much.

ChildPlease
11-19-2011, 10:11 PM
I think it does, but the question is how much.

Looks like we will find out. Well, I will find out.

Goose31
11-19-2011, 10:46 PM
FWIW, I'm not playing coy about the QB rankings. I really dont know how they will play out in the sim. This version of the sim is different with different inputs for the players than the one I played 3 years ago. Durability is something recently added. I've not even looked at these stats since I played that season. Meaning I havent been studying who played really well back then because I dont think it will have any rlevance to how they will perform in ours. I think the players around them and sceme will be much more important. But, here is a list of the Top 5 and Bottom 5 Quarterbacks in that league at the end of the season in Quarterback rating:
P Manning - 110.0 rating
Montana - 103.8
R Cunningham - 100.7 (weird)
K Anderson - 100.5 (Xulu's QB, FWIW)
Tarkenton - 98.1

. . .

Dan Fouts - 79.2
Len Dawson - 76.9
Jim Kelly - 76.4
Sammy Baugh - 75.6
Archie Manning - 68.6

What does this mean? Nothing. Means its a crap shoot. For instance, Sammy Baugh is listed as the next to last starting QB, but I would take him in a heartbeat in this league as my starter. If you dont believe me, let him fall about 5 more rounds and I'll take him and start him. IIRC, the teams that had the best QB performance are the teams that built their teams around offense.

PatsFan2003
11-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Basically you are saying it takes more then the QB. Sound reasonable

Yellowknifer
11-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Three picks in a row eh. Augustus around? Anyone get a proxy from Mark?

MarkItAZero!
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm here....been checking in off and on all day. I just PM'd Auggie.

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Three picks in a row eh. Augustus around? Anyone get a proxy from Mark?

I've been waiting very patiently for these 3 picks ;)

Yellowknifer
11-20-2011, 12:37 AM
This is usually where the draft gets unpredictable. IE: Devin Hester

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 12:51 AM
I plan on taking a couple mild reaches but nothing too crazy

Canada
11-20-2011, 12:52 AM
I plan on taking a couple mild reaches but nothing too crazy

a reach is a reach......

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 01:06 AM
a reach is a reach......

a 1-2 round reach is a lot different than a 5-6 round reach...I wish you would've been in this if you were going to be the peanut gallery

Canada
11-20-2011, 01:18 AM
a 1-2 round reach is a lot different than a 5-6 round reach...I wish you would've been in this if you were going to be the peanut gallery

no excuses....a reach is a reach.....and you know it!

PatsFan2003
11-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Hester seemed like a reach. Ray Guy would be a reach. (Btw if Hester avgs 1 td a game we will be eating. Our words)

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 01:20 AM
no excuses....a reach is a reach.....and you know it!

Lol...sorry...the guys I'm reaching for are guys I've been targeting this entire draft...

Canada
11-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Lol...sorry...the guys I'm reaching for are guys I've been targeting this entire draft...

just sayin.......and you were the one to call it a reach........

Avelek
11-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Interesting that Aug went MLB since I traded up to get Urlacher.

Yellowknifer
11-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Giveup around? He was earlier.

Augustus
11-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Interesting that Aug went MLB since I traded up to get Urlacher.I wanted Urlacher. Thought he would fall another round. Live and learn.

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Hate MIZ for taking Freeney....I had been targeting him with one of these picks since the draft started

MarkItAZero!
11-20-2011, 04:23 AM
It was between him and another player and saw you hadn't drafted a DE yet....pretty much made the pick easy at that point. Sorry man.

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 04:35 AM
Shoot me an offer man....I'm willing to pay a decent price for him...

GiveUp2122
11-20-2011, 04:36 AM
double post...

Yellowknifer
11-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Best blocking/receiving hybrid TE in this thing. Perfect.

femurov
11-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Hester seemed like a reach. Ray Guy would be a reach. (Btw if Hester avgs 1 td a game we will be eating. Our words)

1 TD per game? 16 return TDs in one season? If that happens, I (along with many of us) will call bullshhhh. He doesn't have 16 in his whole career.

tyke1doe
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM

In a game against other great teams, field position is critical. Just saying.

PatsFan2003
11-20-2011, 04:47 PM
1 TD per game? 16 return TDs in one season? If that happens, I (along with many of us) will call bullshhhh. He doesn't have 16 in his whole career.

Hey I did say it was a reach didn't I?? :tongue3: I still think that But if Hester does scores touchdowns and consistently gets great field position I WILL eat my words.

Xulu Bak
11-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Jordan is a nice pick. I would have been tempted to take him w/ my 12th if he was still available.

Yellowknifer
11-20-2011, 08:48 PM
For some reason I had him marked as taken in my draft spreadsheet. Oh well.

MarkItAZero!
11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Tyke's logged on, he should be picking shortly.

tyke1doe
11-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Tyke's logged on, he should be picking shortly.

Done. :pleased:

BTW, nice picks of Jimmy Johnson (I was debating between him and Aeneas Williams and was thinking hard taking him back to back with Williams) and Rayfield Wright, who I was thinking of bookending with Slater.

MarkItAZero!
11-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks Tyke. I was suprised to see Johnson still available this late, especially as the highest rated 8 player on the board. You made a nice pick of Wis at G. Guy was a nasty SOB.

femurov
11-20-2011, 11:03 PM
I was gonna take Wis here. :(

PatsFan2003
11-21-2011, 01:28 AM
The Hogs. You have to like that. 8=)

ChildPlease
11-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Thanks Tyke. I was suprised to see Johnson still available this late, especially as the highest rated 8 player on the board. You made a nice pick of Wis at G. Guy was a nasty SOB.

Yea stole my pick grrrrrr.

Goose31
11-21-2011, 03:29 PM
While researching Crazy Legs Hirsch to make sure I wanted him to be my pick, I came across something pretty remarkable. His 1951 stats were as follows:

66 catches, 1495 yards, 22.7 avg and 17 TDs.

All four of those led the league. He averaged 125 yards per game. Wow, that's amazing. The career leader in NFL history for yards per game is 80.0. And think about 17 TDs on only 66 catches. That's a TD every 3.8 catches.

PatsFan2003
11-21-2011, 05:34 PM
While researching Crazy Legs Hirsch to make sure I wanted him to be my pick, I came across something pretty remarkable. His 1951 stats were as follows:

All four of those led the league. He averaged 125 yards per game. Wow, that's amazing. The career leader in NFL history for yards per game is 80.0. And think about 17 TDs on only 66 catches. That's a TD every 3.8 catches.

Damm. I thought for sure he would drop further because he was an "old fart".

Not to be.

GiveUp2122
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Just don't send him across the middle or Ray Ray may break one of his crazy legs

Goose31
11-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Just don't send him across the middle or Ray Ray may break one of his crazy legs
Well played. He also might shoot him in one of his crazy legs. Or his head.

GiveUp2122
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Well played. He also might shoot him in one of his crazy legs. Or his head.

Intimidation at its finest ;)

GiveUp2122
11-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Anyone got a proxy for Shanny? He should be up in about an hour

GiveUp2122
11-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Peyton just got his 3rd toy....Alworth, Fitzgerald, and Sharpe are going to be nightmares for everyones defenses

PatsFan2003
11-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Boy 3 good CBs Yellowknifer. That's a little "piggish". :annoyed: