backups:
Julius Jones
McClain
DeAngelo Williams
Bradshaw
Brandon Lloyd
Bobby Engram
Marques Colston

I feel pretty good about it. Calvin Johnson could be the wild card..that detroit offense is SO bad. I think Addai is the best player in this trade..and hes already had his bye so I hate to get rid of him. I also always hope to get the best player but I think getting the 2nd and 3rd best players kinda evens that out

concept
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I feel like I'm in position to deal one of my WRs(Jennings is the number 1 WR in the league and Fitz is second) for a good RB.

My thinking is that with Colston coming back in 2 weeks and other quality guys I can spare a top WR...is that wrong?

Hows Jennings or Fitz for a RB like Steven Jackson, ADP, or Marion Barber look?..like straight up WR for RB. Frank Gore or Reggie Bush might also be a possibility.

Or maybe Jennings straight up for Witten? I have Tony G right now. The witten owner is a packer fan and has Shockey healing up on his bench.

Nastradamus
10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
The person getting Addai is getting the better deal. They upgrade both of their running backs arguably while downgrading little, if any, at WR. I don't get it personally, but maybe CJ will blow up or something.

Pippi311
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Is this a keeper league?

Nastradamus
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I feel like I'm in position to deal one of my WRs(Jennings is the number 1 WR in the league and Fitz is second) for a good RB.

My thinking is that with Colston coming back in 2 weeks and other quality guys I can spare a top WR...is that wrong?

Hows Jennings or Fitz for a RB like Steven Jackson, ADP, or Marion Barber look?..like straight up WR for RB. Frank Gore or Reggie Bush might also be a possibility.

Or maybe Jennings straight up for Witten? I have Tony G right now. The witten owner is a packer fan and has Shockey healing up on his bench.

Those are much better ideas, but don't do it for Jackson, he sucks and his team is a blackhole. Make sure you are getting equal value, because those WRs are not going to slow down, they should both easily finish top 5. Colston is good, but they spread the ball around a lot and he'll be coming off of an injury. If you can get Witten or Barber, I'd consider, probably for Bush too, if you get pt per reception. If you just keep Addai,Jennings and Fitz though, you look pretty strong to me, plus having Turner,Forte and Colston, you are stacked. I wouldn't mess with that team if I were you. Your depth is not that great, but I doubt there is a better combination in your league than RB Turner RB Addai RB/WR Colston or Forter WR Fitz WR Jennings. What do you have at QB and TE, those are the only positions I might target for change, depending on your strength. If you have even a solid QB and TE, don't fix what ain't broke.

Sweet Daddy
10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
DeAngelo Williams is so overvalued after last week, it's nuts.

concept
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
The person getting Addai is getting the better deal. They upgrade both of their running backs arguably while downgrading little, if any, at WR. I don't get it personally, but maybe CJ will blow up or something.
I tend to agree. One of the reasons I ask is b/c the other team is my best friend and I did this trade to try and improve BOTH of us. BTW, Santana Moss is the 5th best WR in our league currently..even after last week.

Is this a keeper league?
no, it isnt, pip.

Those are much better ideas, but don't do it for Jackson, he sucks and his team is a blackhole. Make sure you are getting equal value, because those WRs are not going to slow down, they should both easily finish top 5. Colston is good, but they spread the ball around a lot and he'll be coming off of an injury. If you can get Witten or Barber, I'd consider, probably for Bush too, if you get pt per reception. If you just keep Addai,Jennings and Fitz though, you look pretty strong to me, plus having Turner,Forte and Colston, you are stacked. I wouldn't mess with that team if I were you. Your depth is not that great, but I doubt there is a better combination in your league than RB Turner RB Addai RB/WR Colston or Forter WR Fitz WR Jennings. What do you have at QB and TE, those are the only positions I might target for change, depending on your strength. If you have even a solid QB and TE, don't fix what ain't broke.
I have Peyton Manning, and Tony G at those positions. I got Manning at his lowest and sold Rivers at his highest...Peyton has yet to really perform me this seaosn so thats part of the reason I parted with Addai..didnt wanan get to caught up in the Colts off. A big reason I got rid of Addai is I feel Turner is the real deal. Additionally, Forte only got 20 touches lats week which is perfect. He's money in a ppr, seriously. My only worry was he'd be overworked and I'd be screwed at playoff time..still might be, but I'm better with counting on him now.

I think I will try to get Witten or Barber for for Jennings...almost assuredly for Bush or Gore (number 1 and 2 backs in the league). The only thinkg with Witten is that even though hes in a tier of his own and scoes better than eveyrone else at his position..I could prolly be alright playing matchups with Dallas Clark, Dustin Keller and Tony G (currently ranked 4th)

I take this to mean I got the raw end of the deal? I'll be honest, I could have taken my friend, but I didnt wanna do that. I also think People undervalue Santana Moss.

But I am going to try to move deangelo and a backup WR..maybe engram, for a better RB especially after Williams blew up last week.

thanks for the thoguhts guys

haircut100
10-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't think I like the trade for you very much ... I don't think it'll hurt you all that bad but it just doesn't do much for you. If you didn't make the trade, in a couple of weeks your starters could be:

RB:Forte
RB:Turner
WR:Jennings
WR:Fitzy
WR/RB:Addai
WR/TE:Colston

and, IMO, that's a much scarier roster than what you have now.

Sweet Daddy
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm a believer in if you're trading, the responsibility for what you trade lies on you and you alone. If you don't get the value you deserve the fault lies on you, and not with anyone else.

I was merely trying to say that *I* wouldn't trade for Williams, but I sure as heck would try to get rid of him while his value is at its highest.

concept
10-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't think I like the trade for you very much ... I don't think it'll hurt you all that bad but it just doesn't do much for you. If you didn't make the trade, in a couple of weeks your starters could be:

WR/TE:Colston

and, IMO, that's a much scarier roster than what you have now.

Thats a good point.

I like to defend my trade but you all are convincing me I made a bad trade now. I had done so well with the draft and then I made 3 trades that ended up being great and my roster was really starting to take form...and then I overmanaged it. eh.

concept
10-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm a believer in if you're trading, the responsibility for what you trade lies on you and you alone. If you don't get the value you deserve the fault lies on you, and not with anyone else.

I was merely trying to say that *I* wouldn't trade for Williams, but I sure as heck would try to get rid of him while his value is at its highest.

This is normally true, but I got my friend into the league, he had some players I was interested in (as their value is low after last week, moss and CJ). He watches football and all, but doesnt have the values for whats fair and especially between positions...so I help him out some.

Make no mistake, I think/thought I was getting the better deal or I wouldnt have done it...Addai has been my third best back at least..and truly, McClain has consistently outscored him. Calvin Johnson and Santana Moss have also outscored Addai. I just didnt wanna take complete advantage of my friend.

concept
10-07-2008, 09:19 PM
It seems to me, I shoulda stayed put. I had gotten my roster to be solid enough that making it better is almost impossible?

haircut100
10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Thats a good point.

I like to defend my trade but you all are convincing me I made a bad trade now. I had done so well with the draft and then I made 3 trades that ended up being great and my roster was really starting to take form...and then I overmanaged it. eh.

The trade doesn't look that great right now -on paper- ... only time will tell if it turns out in your favor or not. Now if SMoss keeps playing lights out then you have made the right move.

haircut100
10-07-2008, 09:27 PM
It seems to me, I shoulda stayed put. I had gotten my roster to be solid enough that making it better is almost impossible?

You can still improve by converting your bech points into starter points -- pkg McClain and a WR to upgrade

Pippi311
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Don't worry - it's not a horrible trade - it's not gonna kill your team or anything, but yeah I agree with the majority that your team looked better before the trade. You do upgrade your WRs but you definitely lose in RBs. It's a fair trade and the difference isn't huge but I think you lose slightly more than you gain. Of course, anything can happen.

Nastradamus
10-07-2008, 11:00 PM

exactly, the guy will average 55 yards rushing and about 1/3 of a TD a game at best, since Stewart had every score for them before last week, being the bigger back who is better equipped for short yardage. He may catch 3-4 passes for 20-30 yards, but he's no FF start IMO.

Nastradamus
10-07-2008, 11:05 PM

OK, maybe Moss is a pretty good upgrade over the guys you gave up and CJ could be great, so its possibly fair on paper,but you don't need WRs in the least. I guess that give you more flexibility, but now you are basically trying to trade Moss for Addai(really Jennings for Barber, but the idea is the same) and that means you can't be that happy with how it left you. I know you aren't arguing necessarily, but I'm just making a point.

grasshopper
10-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I think you lost ever so slightly, contingent upon you trading a WR for a RB to a different team anyway who you dont mind taking advantage of.

You have Jennings, Fitz, Santana Moss, Calvin Johnson, and Colston when he's healthy. I think you see the problem with that. I understand McClain has been wasting pretty consistent points on your bench, so if you need a RB, you got one. But I would DEFINATELY say you lose if you dont package a WR and RB for RB, cuz injuries happen and you wont be winning if Turner or Forte get hurt and you have to play one of those others consistently, unless ALL your WR's have big games, which would suck to count on week in and week out. Basically, if your starting those 4 wr's, thats fine, but you're way better off with a quality RB fill in on the bench than another stud WR.

BTW, Bush and Gore arent available, my team is fine:cool:

Paper Champs
Jason Cambell
Reggie Bush
Frank Gore
Jonathon Stewart
Andre Johnson
Braylon Edwards
Jerricho Cotchery
Anthony Fasano
Joe Nedney
Eagles

Carson Palmer
Marc Bulger
Brandon Jackson
Chester Taylor
Ryan Torain
Lance Moore
Steve Breaston
Greg Camarillo
Bo Scaife
Donald Lee

concept
10-10-2008, 07:17 PM
standard scoring ppr.

Rampaging Dr. seusses give up:
Joseph Addai
Darren McFadden
Antonio Bryant
Matt Jones

Black Sqirrel Recon gives up:
Santana Moss
Calvin Johnson
Julius Jones
DeAngelo Williams

Seusses B4 trade (relevant positions):

WR/TE:Antonio Bryant

backups:
McFadden
McLain
Bradshaw
Matt Jones
Brandon Lloyd
Bobby Engram
Marques Colston

After trade
WR/RB:S-moss
WR/TE Calvin Johnson

backups:
Julius Jones
McClain
DeAngelo Williams
Bradshaw
Brandon Lloyd
Bobby Engram
Marques Colston

I feel pretty good about it. Calvin Johnson could be the wild card..that detroit offense is SO bad. I think Addai is the best player in this trade..and hes already had his bye so I hate to get rid of him. I also always hope to get the best player but I think getting the 2nd and 3rd best players kinda evens that out
couple more trades...

I get, Drew Brees and Deuce McCallister
for
Peyton Manning and Julius Jones

I get Marion Barber
for
Laron McClain and Calvin Johnson

My relevant starting roster now--

QB: Drew Brees
WR/RB:Marion Barber
WR/TE:Santana Moss

haircut100
10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice job ...

concept
10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Nice job ...

thanks, and thanks for all the direction and thought you and others gave me earlier.

concept
10-12-2008, 05:58 PM
couple more trades...

I get, Drew Brees and Deuce McCallister
for
Peyton Manning and Julius Jones

Nice job ...

apparently not. apparently manning has decided to get his act together finally. :mad:

haircut100
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
apparently not. apparently manning has decided to get his act together finally. :mad:

You have Brees, right? IMO, Brees >> Manning right now.